ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 10-Dec-18 @ 10:42:57PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to Play in the 2019 All Canada Bowl ? East Canada vs West Canada Open Link -Reply-Submit
https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: CBFA hates the Stamps  (Read 265 times)
CFan
« on: Tue, 27-Nov-18 @ 02:50:31PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I just had a few questions. Why is there soooo much hate for the Stamps in the CBFA.  Just looked on the facebook page and not one mention of them winning the city's or Southern Alberta or Provincials.  I know the CBFA Loves the Cowboys and the Wildcats.  If they would of done this it would of been all over the webpage and the CBFA facebook page.  Also just wondering why not one Stamp coach was asked to go to Vegas with the Selects.  After having the Best O and D (Stats) you would think at least one might have been asked to help.  Just thought I would ask as it seems a little odd.
Report to moderator   Logged
CBFAChng
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27-Nov-18 @ 04:40:50PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The CBFA old boys are a clique, be sure some of them acted that way as children. Big Al probably banned them from saying anything nice about Stampeders.
Remember Cowboys went from 2 Bantam teams to 1 Bantam team this year and their pumpers were saying they would have a Super team that would walk away with the CBFA Championship.
What will a team like that do without all of the built in advantages?? Now they are worried, too much scrutiny on the CBFA when they just want to do what they have been doing forever. 
same old story
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27-Nov-18 @ 05:18:00PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It is very sad that 20 years later its the same old story. Things will never change until the entire core of people (President, VP, Selects HC, ect) are all removed. I am not talking out of my ass. I was once a player in CBFA , coached in CBFA, watched kids come and go from this amateur  program. It is extremely hard to infiltrate the old boys club. Regardless of what u do or say, u have no bloody chance in changing it until they are all gone. SAD SAD state of affairs. Congrats STAMPS on a very successful season. You coaches all deserve credit and some recognition. Too bad you were not part of the old boys club to go on a FREE trip to Vegas.   
Stanner
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27-Nov-18 @ 05:38:08PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

the Stampeders were an absolute juggernaut & they deserve all accolades their major sin is that they are not from North Calgary so as can plainly be seen the credit is not going where the credit is due, that is the reason why, there is a small photo on the website but that is it
nothing nada on facebook 
Cboys Agin
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 28-Nov-18 @ 12:21:06AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

the nature of youth sports is such that a particular Club or the people who run the League tend to see far more complaints than compliments. Just the way it is. No one is going to fire off emails weekly full of compliments, kind of like real life. 

Some of the complaints at a Club in any sport is absolutely from unhappy parents likely whining about playing time, or where their kid was placed or a whole host of other family or other problems which can leak over to those in charge.

This is why the big participation sports in YYC have paid "Executive Director" etc staff in an office, because there is just too many ongoing problems for volunteers to deal with so they get paid to deal with and solve those problems as best they can. 

Somehow the CBFA just seemingly shut it's doors to any points no matter how valid they are. It's a very small sport number-wise and they seem to have found it easier just to do things they way they like to. Their website hides contact info, just not their thing to put out information. From the outside it seems impenetrable and apparently it is impenetrable on the inside too.   
At the end of the day the football games went on. The Cowboys only have 1 team as it should be, no matter how that came about. 
The adult hangers on (too many in numbers) parties in Vegas calling it exposure to "International Football" chuckle.

Hopefully the same gang does not take a month to clear off the Shouldice fields if there is another late winter. Remember "you can't clear those fields off they will get wrecked?" Totally untrue.

Cbfaguy
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29-Nov-18 @ 12:18:45PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think it’s no real secret that the Stamps head coach and the league don’t really like each other. Each year there are rumours that the league is trying to put in another team in the area or take away some of their territory. Then every year at least once or twice the Stamps run up the score when it’s absolutely not needed. I’m not talking about just having your backups in and still scoring I’m talking about short kicking when up by 40 against a few teams. I’m not saying one side is right and the other is wrong but you can see why a head coach like that gets no love or recognition by them. In the end it’s too bad because it’s the kids who are gonna pay the price.
CliqueThere
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29-Nov-18 @ 05:42:01PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"Holding grudges" is another sign of a childish clique, that's how kids work when they won't allow people into the clique or conversely "banish them from the clique" for some "transgression" against the clique as a whole - the CBFA - or a member of it.

that is what adolescent boys do, the "cool guys" (in their mind), not all

so the Stamps coach ran up a score? then why was the Stamps Midget team so awful last year?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: