ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Tue, 26-Mar-19 @ 04:02:32AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to Play in the 2019 All Canada Bowl ? East Canada vs West Canada Open Link -Reply-Submit
https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Major Scandals coming  (Read 3617 times)
Major Scandals coming
« on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 08:10:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There are two major Scandals about to hit St. Mary's University.

1. Over the course of the last year a player from St. Mary's has endured a court battle after being arrested and charged with domestic assault. The player was only suspended for one game last year and had he not failed out academically he would have been on the roster this year. After the one game he was granted a free pass by the coaching staff and was featured as a starter in the playoffs weeks after his court date.

2. There is currently a player on the roster who is being investigated by Usport after being identified by a conference rival for having not met the qualifications of being a student who has a learning disability however is taking less than the appropriate course load. Apparently the academic transcripts from high school do not support any learning disability and thus having said athlete in this program is being investigated. More to come.
Report to moderator   Logged
DNA
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 10:35:03PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is this true then how does Colzie still have a job?Huh?? Confused some insight please
Major Scandals coming
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 10:44:00PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is this true then how does Colzie still have a job?Huh?? Confused some insight please

This is St. Mary's we are talking about. I am sure they will hire some lawyers (or maybe already have) to fight. It is easy to find the information about the player in question. It is unquestionable that the domestic assault charges are real. It will be interested to see what happens when the media gets a hold of this.

As for the eligibility concern, it sounds like this might get messy.
DNA
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 10:51:07PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not sure if I am still confused or a little outraged especially in this coaching era of Ohio State with Urban Meyer their scandal.  We here at Antigonish don't care about SMU beating us on the field but come on a little moral integrity SMU admin  Huh
Current dog
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 10:57:27PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Man, this is some shite .... we ain’t got no criminals on this crew we be ballin and y’all just is jealous .
Try beating us on the field
I Dno what assault everyone is talking at but we got none of dis gwan on .

Colzie has our back if we get in trouble and y’all can’t help yourself.
SMU FAN HUSKY
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 10:57:55PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Lies this is nothing but lies we are 5-0 and people can't handle it, we are going 8-0 and win the conference title and that is all that matters and people can;t handle it! Grow Up! Halifax out!
Sh quiet
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:01:42PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Lies this is nothing but lies we are 5-0 and people can't handle it, we are going 8-0 and win the conference title and that is all that matters and people can;t handle it! Grow Up! Halifax out!

Of something to brag about you play in aus. Hell you minus just play cjfl
cash flow bro
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:04:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I wonder if the prez opens his wallet again?
Sh quiet
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:07:08PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Saskatoon Hilltops would win the AUS and did it the right with class
colziefan
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:22:14PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

wankers all abooooard !!!
Unreal
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:27:26PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not sure if I am still confused or a little outraged especially in this coaching era of Ohio State with Urban Meyer their scandal.  We here at Antigonish don't care about SMU beating us on the field but come on a little moral integrity SMU admin  Huh

X has integrity absolutely!!!  Was 2017 not the year of several sexual assault charges at X with football players.  Remember those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
no waay
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:33:48PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

is it the rb from smu?
this could be really awful. He was still playing through the season and was apart of the team through the spring. If he was really charged with what you said and was not removed from the program and was instead protected this would be an unforgivable offense.
Thoughts and prayers with the female whom was potentially assaulted.
ausa10101
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:39:48PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"X has integrity absolutely!!!  Was 2017 not the year of several sexual assault charges at X with football players.  Remember those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"
Good to see we are raising the bar down east
GoAwaySJW
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:41:20PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

the same guy was posting this stuff before, it's a football board not your little SJW board, stay out of matters you have no idea what went on
colzie fan
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:42:22PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Colzie is a very good football coach. he may have some rough edges when it comes to integrity but the man can coach him some football.
He was trained by Bobby Bowden and thats enough for me.
CoachAJ
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:46:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can we just end this post until we can prove any of these statements! Let's go Bishop Upset
CoachAJ
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:48:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sorry just so we are clear I have nothing to do with SMU coaching  Roll Eyes
freudian slip?
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:51:54PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sorry just so we are clear I have nothing to do with SMU coaching  Roll Eyes

is this a freudian slip?
GoAwaySJW
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:54:39PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

just so we are clear I also don't coach at SMU or with Coach AJ
local scribe
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 01-Oct-18 @ 11:57:19PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

i just forwarded this thread to the local news stations and paper.
i am sure they will sort it all out if there is anything to it. I am certain there is not.

GO SMU!!
frustrated huskies fan
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:01:04AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

At least we did not make this list :https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720980-college-footballs-biggest-scandals-since-2000#slide0
So maybe we are not so bad
dogs
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:03:49AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I hope this is not true. In the era of #metoo we do not need this to come to our country. We just have to be better than this. Please be safe everyone.
shquiet
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:06:58AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Maybe you idiots in Halifax could learn something from Baylor
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/09/08/end-baylors-sexual-assault-problem-they-need-cultural-shift-tom-krattenmaker-column/643636001/
Golden Bear
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:07:06AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I dont know about the first issue. But i was told during recruiting that i could take 12 credit hours  a year at smu through a "special program" they had. I was a B student in high school but complained about the course load and that was their solution. Seemed like cheating to me. I stayed out west after hearing that.
SJWgoway
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:08:40AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

shove it where the sun don't shine SJW, go smoke a joint & look at the the colours
Stay out West
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:10:45AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Good to hear that you stayed out west because you probably suck away and would have found you way onto the bench
OKOKOK
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:12:04AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

so if smu loses all 5 games, will they miss the playoffs?
how does this work?
FAKE NEWS
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:14:07AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

this has to be...
no way colzie let his team assault women. I think no one loves women more then him.
Golden Bear Father
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:15:23AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Don't be picking on my son at least he made a decision based both football and academics. GoU of A Bears!
BKavanagh
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:19:18AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Bret Kavanagh can you hear us now!  I must admit I like beer and weights! Go SMU
Question
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:22:03AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How is it possible that a player could assault a female and continue to play? is this real or bs? Did it really go to court? how can we find this out? I am so pissed with St. Mary's getting away with everything I really hope this isn't true because this program has a black mark all over it.

My son plays football and today I am not proud of this sport.
ME TOO
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:23:51AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

ME TOO!https://metoomvmt.org/
SJWgoway
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:49:14AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

this is mostly the same nutty poster causing trouble

END THE THREAD
same poster agreed
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 12:54:47AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

it looks like once the first post was made, someone got upset and tried to discredit the original poster by acting like a moron.

Lets see if there is any legitimacy to it and let it go until we find out.
I wonder
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 06:57:39AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is this true?
Same guy
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 07:52:19AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Same guy tried making this post last year and then posted all over the thread pretending he was different people...sound familiar?
Smokey the Bear
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 02-Oct-18 @ 07:55:15AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Where there is smoke, fire can't be too far behind
Informed
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 03-Oct-18 @ 06:17:27AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I have heard rumors of this. From what I understand the charges against the player in question were eventually dropped after he appeared in court a few times. I am not an expert on this but this was  a story making the rounds this summer.

It seems odd though that he was allowed to participate while an investigation was going on though. Can anyone elaborate ?
Process
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 03-Oct-18 @ 07:30:21AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I always thought you were innocent until proven guilty.
Oh forgot we live in Canada.
Confused
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 04-Oct-18 @ 01:59:55AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Still confused here don't understand how Mac Coach is suspended for a game and nothing at SMU, please explain  Huh
Old School Baby
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 04-Oct-18 @ 03:01:36AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It is not that hard to figure out, it's just about winning "Just Win Baby"
West Coast
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 05-Oct-18 @ 07:42:36PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can someone please confirm the following west coast rumour, if UBC loses either one of there last two games, Nill is out and Colzie is back in at UBC. Any body on the left please confirm. thanks in advance.
West Coast
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 05-Oct-18 @ 07:46:08PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Also Colzie was spotted on the west coast two weeks ago supposedly recruiting! Right!!!!
Mad Old Dog
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 05-Oct-18 @ 07:48:54PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If this true, I can't believe Colzie would treat Nill this way after Nill basically gave Colzie the job at SMU.  Now he smells blood in the water out west and he is ready to pounce. No shame
Confused
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 05-Oct-18 @ 07:52:13PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sorry but I m still even more confused now!  Why would UBC being looking at Colzie with all the negative rumours surfacing currently at SMU?
Late to the Party
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 05-Oct-18 @ 07:56:34PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sure I m late the party, so I have not been following this thread here lately but definitely not surprised with the negative rumours swirling around SMU programs as they have been there for a while now but just wondering what are the current violations.
Confused
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 05-Oct-18 @ 08:00:04PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here are the two currently with more to come :
There are two major Scandals about to hit St. Mary's University.

1. Over the course of the last year a player from St. Mary's has endured a court battle after being arrested and charged with domestic assault. The player was only suspended for one game last year and had he not failed out academically he would have been on the roster this year. After the one game he was granted a free pass by the coaching staff and was featured as a starter in the playoffs weeks after his court date.

2. There is currently a player on the roster who is being investigated by Usport after being identified by a conference rival for having not met the qualifications of being a student who has a learning disability however is taking less than the appropriate course load. Apparently the academic transcripts from high school do not support any learning disability and thus having said athlete in this program is being investigated. More to come.
Confused
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 05-Oct-18 @ 08:16:45PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wow it's an epidemic, first SMU, U of O and now Regina, what is going on?
rpg 1203
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 06-Oct-18 @ 12:38:21AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

STOP THIS STUPID THREAD POSTED BY THIS SJW PSYCHO
Too close
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 07-Oct-18 @ 09:52:08PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Maybe it's hitting a little too close to home, eh Coach!
SJW
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 12-Oct-18 @ 10:05:44PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Major changes occurring at the end of the season! Stay tuned
f8876941
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 12-Oct-18 @ 10:32:25PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

u r a mental cripple
SJW
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 12-Oct-18 @ 10:50:56PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just talk the Old Dogs then you will have a better understanding what is going on behind the scene
who's the chubby QB
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 15-Oct-18 @ 08:42:01PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Who was the chubby kid at QB this weekend?
Saw the 2nd part of the game and the other kid who throws all the interceptions wasn't in. Did he get pulled or did he transfer again, or maybe this is what all of the fuss was about in the major scandals.
Did he not get the money he was promised? Or the free residence, or the free meals, or extra flights home. SCANDALOUS
Big Dawg
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 15-Oct-18 @ 10:25:02PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Awwww, is 7-0 bothering you?  Cry
moderator?
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 20-Oct-18 @ 09:18:18PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

u r a mental cripple

Where's the moderator?  This isn't appropriate.
JayzuzH
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20-Oct-18 @ 10:01:33PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

mommy call the moderator
grow up child
Canyousmellit
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 27-Oct-18 @ 04:15:51PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Acadia put the boots to SMU today, wasn't even close. Has Colzie won at Acadia yet?
Looked like all the SMU starters were in until real late in the game.
SMU may be in trouble in 2 weeks no matter who wins next week.
Venus Flytrap
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 28-Oct-18 @ 11:08:22PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The only thing I smell is your bullshit. "ALL THE STARTERS". The only starter in that game that matter was Scott, who was out. When he's back for the Loney Bowl do really think SMU loses?

Sniff, sniff, awe roses!
SWJ
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 31-Oct-18 @ 06:58:39AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This is one of the football reasons there has to be changes at SMU besides the numerous off field issues, on field without Caleb Scott the last game against Acadia is what fans of SMU can look forward to in the future!
Not the same
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 04-Nov-18 @ 09:11:45AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The only thing I smell is your bullshit. "ALL THE STARTERS". The only starter in that game that matter was Scott, who was out. When he's back for the Loney Bowl do really think SMU loses?

Sniff, sniff, awe roses!

Yes, all the starters were in with the exception of Scott.  And if he's out on the 10th, it's going to be a rough & very long game for SMU.   Scott is mobile so it helps him escape tackles, but also contributed to his injury as SMU's backup QB's have been under utilized compared with last year.  Play calling seems to have changed.  Because of Scott's over use and his mobility making him an easy target, there's little mix in the plays, plays are predictable.   The changes to coaching this year have also had an impact. Whether Scott's been in or not, SMU has not performed on offence at the level they did last year.  2017 they were first in Passing with 2533 yards. Rushing SMU was 3rd with 1264 yards.  
Passing this year has dropped significantly 1749 ranking 2nd, and lucky to be there because the AUS can't seem to generate any kind of consistent offence. Acadia & FX have been disappointing.  
Rushing - SMU dropped to 4th this year with 1236 yards.  Last year, backup QB's were utilized and contributed  more to the rushing and passing game so took some of the pressure off of Scott.
Acadia was more powerful rushing last year. Acadia at 1666 yards
I don't see SMU winning their next game whether Scott is in or not.  Without him they stand NO chance -  they are certainly not prepared. FX wins this one by how much uncertain.
SJW
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 11-Nov-18 @ 01:25:10AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So if we don't look at the off field issues surrounding the program.  Let's talk football.  It was all smoke and mirrors for most of the season ( rather Caleb Scott).  Any success they had was when Caleb was making plays own his own being an athlete as opposed to be designed plays.  Feel sorry for him and the rest of the offense as their only real chance for success left when they let coach Denison go last year.  Makes no sense for all intense purpose he was not getting paid and the offense was the best in the conference.  They make a switch to run dbl wing t with some random grab bag plays through in.  In their last two games their lack of offense was exposed.  Clozie will take the easy way out and let the offensive staff go.  You would the leader of the team would have realized the deficiencies in the offense throughout the season.  if you look at the defense they couldn't stop the run all season.  It was only a matter of time or weather that the other teams would just line up and run down hill against SMU.  They did no recruiting this past season and it will become evident next year if Clozie stays on.  They pay AJ. a full time assistant coaches salary while have no say in either the offense or defense but looks good standing on the sideline wearing headsets talking to who?  Ask the Old Dogs if they are currently happy! Huh
Ruff ruff
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 12-Nov-18 @ 10:27:09AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

PING! The nail being hit on the head!
NO IDENTITY. That's what SMU lacks on offense. They have/had one of the best QBs in the Country and they've run a mish-mash of BS plays. I have no problem with the Wing-T, Spread, Double TE, whatever, but at least be able to say this is who we are. Rather SMU puts a lot of pressure on their QB and doesn't have 1 designed QB run play? Every time Scott runs it's a scramble. Where were the TEs?

X runs the ball, no mystery, stop them and you win. SMU was a shit show on Saturday.
2nd to last in 2019
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 12-Nov-18 @ 08:35:10PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So if we don't look at the off field issues surrounding the program.  Let's talk football.  It was all smoke and mirrors for most of the season ( rather Caleb Scott).  Any success they had was when Caleb was making plays own his own being an athlete as opposed to be designed plays.  Feel sorry for him and the rest of the offense as their only real chance for success left when they let coach Denison go last year.  Makes no sense for all intense purpose he was not getting paid and the offense was the best in the conference.They make a switch to run dbl wing t with some random grab bag plays through in.  In their last two games their lack of offense was exposed.  Clozie will take the easy way out and let the offensive staff go.  You would the leader of the team would have realized the deficiencies in the offense throughout the season.  if you look at the defense they couldn't stop the run all season.  It was only a matter of time or weather that the other teams would just line up and run down hill against SMU.  They did no recruiting this past season and it will become evident next year if Clozie stays on.  They pay AJ. a full time assistant coaches salary while have no say in either the offense or defense but looks good standing on the sideline wearing headsets talking to who?  Ask the Old Dogs if they are currently happy! Huh

Well that's pretty sad.
SMU did well last year coming off a bad 2016.  Figured good offensive mind was behind that.
So what exactly does AJ do & how do they justify keeping him?
What's the chances of Colize leaving? Is he well liked?
With Scott gone could be a rough year if they don't bring in some talent.
Caleb sure held offence together this season.  There was no O otherwise.
And he didn't make Allstar team. - How does he not?
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.com/sports/fball/2018-19/releases/20181108l9p3l7
D was ok but needed work.
If the Old Dogs aren't happy, why not do something?
Prediction for next year - 2 & 6 unless they get lucky.
Just Do It Again
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 13-Nov-18 @ 10:37:07AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

SMU will just recruit another quarterback, no big deal. They didn't have a QB a couple of seasons ago so they recruited Scott. If Scott is done at the end of this season then they will just hit the road and find another guy to put into the lineup. They didn't do much in the way of recruiting this past off-season. I think this was due to the sh@t show relating to eligibility last year. They always find a way to bring in guys. They always find a way to bring in a mixed bag of castaways, one-hit wonders, and "legitimate" high school kids looking to play U ball. Don't get your panties in a bunch. they'll be back next year and probably win the conference again.
Sorry what?
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 13-Nov-18 @ 01:13:09PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Win the conference again?  SMU hasn't won the conference since 2010
back to basement again
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 13-Nov-18 @ 01:56:12PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

SMU will just recruit another quarterback, no big deal. They didn't have a QB a couple of seasons ago so they recruited Scott. If Scott is done at the end of this season then they will just hit the road and find another guy to put into the lineup. They didn't do much in the way of recruiting this past off-season. I think this was due to the sh@t show relating to eligibility last year. They always find a way to bring in guys. They always find a way to bring in a mixed bag of castaways, one-hit wonders, and "legitimate" high school kids looking to play U ball. Don't get your panties in a bunch. they'll be back next year and probably win the conference again.

They will have no shot of winning the conference next year.  Their recruits this year largely came from a couple of years ago. They dropped off this year in terms of on field production as well as quality recruits. Weak offence this year, lacked coaching and talent with the exception of Scott.  They got lucky this year in that all teams in the AUS had problems scoring.  But make no mistake a one hit wonder is not going to help or save this team next year.  They'll need to recruit better and have better play calling or it will be back to the cellar again for them.  They are probably pretty familiar with what the basement looks and feels like.  Caleb helped them this year.  His absence will be felt.  Also FX and Acadia will do better in recruiting next year.

Saint Mary's   8   2   6   0.250   2-6   Lost 3   126   239   4
Saint Mary's   8   0   8   0.000   0-8   Lost 8   72   281   0
Saint Mary's   8   0   8   0.000   0-8   Lost 8   59   282   0
Saint Mary's   8   3   5   0.375   3-5   Won 1   189   126   6

this year 2018    8      7       1                                                   188   141   
pf  - pa
https://presto-en.usports.ca/sports/fball/2015-16/schedule?team=Saint%20Mary%27s

Even though they won 7 games this year, their production on offence was on a downward trend and most importantly, their recruiting is. 

SMU came awfully close to losing games this year. They were stumbling on offence. 
FX will have gotten that much stronger next year - more seasoned players  inc QB.

As will Acadia.  They have lots of talent waiting in the wings.
http://www.goxgo.ca/sports/fball/2018-19/roster?sort=position
http://www.acadiaathletics.ca/sports/fball/2018-19/roster?sort=position

And yards passing 2018
Saint Mary's passing    8   1749   125-224-10
Rushing                     8   1236   221   154.5   5.6

vs 2017 - yards passing
Saint Mary's   passing 8      2533 180-320-12   316.6
Rushing                     8      1264   203   158.0
Conjkect
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 13-Nov-18 @ 05:50:58PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

all conjecture until the games get played
Down they go again
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 13-Nov-18 @ 06:10:16PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

all conjecture until the games get played

Nope.  Facts are they were at the bottom of the pile for a number of years
They're on their way there again.  
Wishful thinking otherwise.

Saint Mary's   8   2   6   0.250   2-6   Lost 3   126   239   4
Saint Mary's   8   0   8   0.000   0-8   Lost 8   72   281   0
Saint Mary's   8   0   8   0.000   0-8   Lost 8   59   282   0
Saint Mary's   8   3   5   0.375   3-5   Won 1   189   126   6

this year 2018    8      7       1                                                   188   141  
pf  - pa
https://presto-en.usports.ca/sports/fball/2015-16/schedule?team=Saint%20Mary%27s

Even though they won 7 games this year, their production on offence was on a downward trend and most importantly, their recruiting is.  

SMU came awfully close to losing games this year. They were stumbling on offence.  
FX will have gotten that much stronger next year - more seasoned players  inc QB.

As will Acadia.  They have lots of talent waiting in the wings.
http://www.goxgo.ca/sports/fball/2018-19/roster?sort=position
http://www.acadiaathletics.ca/sports/fball/2018-19/roster?sort=position

And yards passing 2018
Saint Mary's passing    8   1749   125-224-10
Rushing                     8   1236   221   154.5   5.6

vs 2017 - yards passing
Saint Mary's   passing 8      2533 180-320-12   316.6
Rushing                     8      1264   203   158.0
AUSTruth
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 01-Dec-18 @ 12:18:23PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If SMU really wants to win the AUS, they need to hire someone better than they have had in the last 7 seasons. Hiring Marchese was bad but then to her Colzie was even badder hahaha Great English! It’s funny how the decisions made at SMU reflect what another coach from another conference wanted opposed to what the school needs. The AD must been feeling helpless that they have to stick out their contract with Colzie and AJ for another year or two and not getting ANYTHING of value out of it.

On another note, this would be a great time for DAL and UNB to join the AUS because of how poor the competition has been. I think that both teams would be able to compete against SMU, Mount A and Bishops! These kids at UNB and DAL don’t even need scholarships, they’re just a better team with better leadership!

#EndDrama
what happened?
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 01-Dec-18 @ 12:31:36PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If SMU really wants to win the AUS, they need to hire someone better than they have had in the last 7 seasons. Hiring Marchese was bad but then to her Colzie was even badder hahaha Great English! It’s funny how the decisions made at SMU reflect what another coach from another conference wanted opposed to what the school needs. The AD must been feeling helpless that they have to stick out their contract with Colzie and AJ for another year or two and not getting ANYTHING of value out of it.

On another note, this would be a great time for DAL and UNB to join the AUS because of how poor the competition has been. I think that both teams would be able to compete against SMU, Mount A and Bishops! These kids at UNB and DAL don’t even need scholarships, they’re just a better team with better leadership!

#EndDrama

Looks like SMU made more changes.
Where have all the coaches gone?
http://www.smuhuskies.ca/sports/fball/coaches/index

No one on Offence?  What's up with that.  Can't they keep anyone?
What's the problem there?

What other coach from another province are you speaking about?
JustAGuy
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 02-Dec-18 @ 06:34:50PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

#EndDrama

Lol they need a new staff. Strength and conditioning coach?? What qualifications does she have?
Grow up
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 03-Dec-18 @ 06:30:36AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

S&C is usually through the schools Kin Department, you're barking up the wrong tree.
It took me a 10 second google search to discover she is much more qualified than your attempt to hide your sexism.

"Erin Craig B.Sc. Kin, NSCA - CSCS
Erin graduated with a BSc in Kinesiology at Dalhousie University, Class of 2015. Additionally, she is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) who has been practicing for two years. Currently, Erin is going into her third season with SMU Men’s Varsity Football where she has built a strong foundation here in the Huskies community as the Director of Strength & Conditioning for the team. In 2015 she completed an internship at the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic (CSCA), where she had the opportunity to work with a variety of athletes ranging from the amateur level to professional, including Provincial and Olympic participants. After completing a successful internship with the CSCA they hired her as an official Strength & Conditioning coach to carry on with the organization. Through her internship with the CSCA, Erin worked with numerous local teams ranging from varsity teams to professional teams, for example, the Dalhousie Women’s Hockey team, Halifax City Soccer, Football Nova Scotia and the Halifax Hurricanes. Furthermore, in June 2018 she completed a three-week internship with the Montreal Alouettes where she worked with CFL players and got the opportunity to learn from Strength coaches who have been working in professional sports for over 15 years. Erin considers herself a lifelong student and prides herself on continuously growing in her field and as a person. She will build you a strong foundation through strength and mobility while incorporating your own personal wants and needs. You are guaranteed an environment to nurture your goals and set you up to accomplish them."
Tops 1 - 7 for 2019
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 03-Dec-18 @ 06:58:48AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

S&C is usually through the schools Kin Department, you're barking up the wrong tree.
It took me a 10 second google search to discover she is much more qualified than your attempt to hide your sexism.

Erin graduated with a BSc in Kinesiology at Dalhousie University, Class of 2015. Additionally, she is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) who has been practicing for two years. Currently, Erin is going into her third season with SMU Men’s Varsity Football where she has built a strong foundation here in the Huskies community as the Director of Strength & Conditioning for the team. In 2015 she completed an internship at the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic (CSCA), where she had the opportunity to work with a variety of athletes ranging from the amateur level to professional, including Provincial and Olympic participants. After completing a successful internship with the CSCA they hired her as an official Strength & Conditioning coach to carry on with the organization. Through her internship with the CSCA, Erin worked with numerous local teams ranging from varsity teams to professional teams, for example, the Dalhousie Women’s Hockey team, Halifax City Soccer, Football Nova Scotia and the Halifax Hurricanes. Furthermore, in June 2018 she completed a three-week internship with the Montreal Alouettes where she worked with CFL players and got the opportunity to learn from Strength coaches who have been working in professional sports for over 15 years. Erin considers herself a lifelong student and prides herself on continuously growing in her field and as a person. She will build you a strong foundation through strength and mobility while incorporating your own personal wants and needs. You are guaranteed an environment to nurture your goals and set you up to accomplish them."

The big problem here is there is no longer any coaches on offence.  
Can't they keep anyone?  This place has become a revolving door.  Add to that the loss of Kaleb Scott who will no longer be with the team in 2019.
Prediction: SMU will be a basement dweller for the next foreseeable future. 0 - 8 or 1 - 7
2-6 would be a stretch
actually...
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 03-Dec-18 @ 03:41:15PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

#EndDrama

Wasn't Wayne Jacobs and Gary Etcheverry on the coaching staff?
rough year ahead
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 03-Dec-18 @ 08:27:27PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

#EndDrama

Yah, and someone else also.  Not sure who.
No coaches now on Off
Anyone know what AJ does?  
They are going to need a recruiter.
They need an OC
They are really going to suffer from the loss of their QB K Scott
They've also graduated some of their defence which is going to hurt
Could be a rough year for the HC
Drama
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 03-Dec-18 @ 10:33:40PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

AJ recruits for the team and tells kids they’ll get “extra extra” to come to SMU. Nothing new at SMU. I think he’s stopped now because of their situation in court but Who knows if they’re still in court racking up dollassss for a player that no longer plays for them? The case costed approx. just as much as one AUS Football budget season!

I agree to an earlier post that DAL and UNB should join AUS now being the best time. I predict a drop off by StFX, SMU... a leveling by Acadia and a rise by Mount A. Bishops may take another year or so to figure it out.
what's next
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 04-Dec-18 @ 01:51:12PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

AJ recruits for the team and tells kids they’ll get “extra extra” to come to SMU. Nothing new at SMU. I think he’s stopped now because of their situation in court but Who knows if they’re still in court racking up dollassss for a player that no longer plays for them? The case costed approx. just as much as one AUS Football budget season!

I agree to an earlier post that DAL and UNB should join AUS now being the best time. I predict a drop off by StFX, SMU... a leveling by Acadia and a rise by Mount A. Bishops may take another year or so to figure it out.

He may recruit for the team, but he didn't do much last year.
Who's their OC.
They seem to have no one on Off for next year. 
They also lose K Scott and several tenured players.
Drama
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 04-Dec-18 @ 08:55:32PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

On their team website, they’ve listed no OC, no true DC, no OL Coach, no QB coach... They are on the verge of another poor development of players in the offseason... Another poor quality AUS conference
Higher Power
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 05-Dec-18 @ 10:22:11AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

But they do have a "Chaplin". Not sure if he is a descendant of Charlie Chaplin or if they just didn't know how to spell "Chaplain". Considering it is SMU, I'm leaning towards the misspelling. Heaven help them, you just can't make this stuff up.
why go there
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 05-Dec-18 @ 12:48:30PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

On their team website, they’ve listed no OC, no true DC, no OL Coach, no QB coach... They are on the verge of another poor development of players in the offseason... Another poor quality AUS conference

Yah but they had coaches on O last year, different coaches the year before, different coaches the year before that. What's going on there.  Why can't they keep anyone?
So far can't see that they have recruited anyone.  What's the benefit of going there?
Higher Power
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 05-Dec-18 @ 01:47:08PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

But they do have a "Chaplin". Not sure if he is a descendant of Charlie Chaplin or if they just didn't know how to spell "Chaplain". Considering it is SMU, I'm leaning towards the misspelling. Heaven help them, you just can't make this stuff up.
Riseup
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 05-Dec-18 @ 05:19:23PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

#EndDrama

Yah, and someone else also.  Not sure who.
No coaches now on Off
Anyone know what AJ does?  
They are going to need a recruiter.
They need an OC
They are really going to suffer from the loss of their QB K Scott
They've also graduated some of their defence which is going to hurt
Could be a rough year for the HC

Kaleb Scott is possibly coming back, rumor has it they are appealing a year from his NCAA team. He only played in one game as the other game was considered a exhibition game.
Westcoast
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 05-Dec-18 @ 05:23:24PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

As an outsider looking in, not many players on that team look physically strong to compete in U sports level and that showed in the end of the season
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: