ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Sun, 24-Mar-19 @ 06:56:04AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to Play in the 2019 All Canada Bowl ? East Canada vs West Canada Open Link -Reply-Submit
https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mount Allison Mounties  (Read 2527 times)
Get Ready...
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 09:43:07AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Happy Monday everyone!!!! Today is the day ...

The calm before the storm!  I can't wait to see the look of complete SHOCK & AWE around the CIS when this mega news drops!  This thread is about to BLOW UP in 3, 2, 1,.....
Report to moderator   Logged
Reality Blow
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 10:38:53AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Bet you a dollar that the "BIG" announcement is a "large" kid being recruited out of NB High School!  Grin Grin
New OC
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 11:36:54AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Former CFL'er Kyle Graves is the new OC at Mount A

Nice add to the Mounties staff, not many former CFL'ers coaching in the AUS, so hopefully Graves makes a big impact on their Offensive system….still need offensive weapons to implement the x's & o's
from Ontario
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 11:47:28AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yawwwnnnn.......sorry, did somebody say something about a new OC?  Oh, ok (ZZZZZZZ)
Experience Wanted
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 12:29:01PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Nice add to the Mounties staff, not many former CFL'ers coaching in the AUS, so hopefully Graves makes a big impact on their Offensive system….still need offensive weapons to implement the x's & o's

Gonna take more than one BIG recruit to make them competitive. I'm hoping that the recruit they're about the announce is a big time quarterback ... and not a kid finishing off his high school career either. I'm talking about a seasoned gun slinger. This would help draw in more offensive weapons, as you say.
Just asking
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 01:03:34PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

As a totally uninformed person, why do some of the "seems never to be competitive" Atlantic Universities not play in the "Atlantic Football League", where they would be highly competitive, and I would guess use less funds then they do now, since low funding seems to make them unable to be consistently competitive in their own league, and as we know totally uncompetitive with the rest of the Leagues at the CIS Level.

Seeing they have a supposed Tier 2 why not use it, let their players enjoy being competitive every year? Not all players and teams can/should, because of more then one reason(finances), play CIS, no?  Or is it an Image thing where they (the Universities) can pat them selves on the back saying, see we have CIS Football, but um never look at the standings etc.
Reality Blow
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 01:29:15PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

As a totally uninformed person, why do some of the "seems never to be competitive" Atlantic Universities not play in the "Atlantic Football League", where they would be highly competitive, and I would guess use less funds then they do now, since low funding seems to make them unable to be consistently competitive in their own league, and as we know totally uncompetitive with the rest of the Leagues at the CIS Level.

Seeing they have a supposed Tier 2 why not use it, let their players enjoy being competitive every year? Not all players and teams can/should, because of more then one reason(finances), play CIS, no?  Or is it an Image thing where they (the Universities) can pat them selves on the back saying, see we have CIS Football, but um never look at the standings etc.

The Atlantic Football League is quite a few rungs below university ball. The difference between the two would be similar to the difference between Western/Laval/Montreal vs York/Toronto/Windsor. Now, saying that, I think that if the AFL teams could increase their funding and budgets and competitiveness, it would be a wonderful thing to have the existing AUS teams join them. The fact is, as much as the AUS gets blown up and embarrassed in bowl games, their level of competitiveness is on par with the middle of the pack OUA teams. The difference is that the middle of the pack OUA teams don't get the opportunity to be embarrassed nationally while playing the very best USports teams in a bowl game.
let down
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 05:29:21PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This was the big announcement here? Wow...such a disappointment.
Congrats
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 08:26:15PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Gonna take more than one BIG recruit to make them competitive. I'm hoping that the recruit they're about the announce is a big time quarterback ... and not a kid finishing off his high school career either. I'm talking about a seasoned gun slinger. This would help draw in more offensive weapons, as you say.

Wow - looks like you got your man.
Huh
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 14-Jan-19 @ 08:27:18PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This was the big announcement here? Wow...such a disappointment.

What are you talking about? Please follow along.
Bud
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 15-Jan-19 @ 07:37:25AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ok, you got your "gunslinger".

http://www.hudl.com/profile/11153228/Julian-Wytinck

Looks like a gamechanger ...
Bud
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 25-Jan-19 @ 08:13:47AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Are you ready for another big announcement Mountie Nation?!?!? Gonna be hard to top the Wytinck announcement, but stay tuned for the next one ...
Just to make it interesting, are there any predictions you want to share? Wishes?
The big one
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 11-Feb-19 @ 10:10:40PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The big announcement should be that a QB from the team that didn’t start a game ever will be in the CFL draft. That’s some BIG 7 foot news right there.  Grin
Bud
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 19-Feb-19 @ 09:02:49AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Mounties are making some moves but I am a bit concerned that they've only recruited on OL to date. I'm pretty sure that there are no graduating OL, but now's the time to replenish the cupboard. I don't think there are many OL on the roster, in general.

Any intel on this?
bit concerned
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 19-Feb-19 @ 09:23:37AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Mounties are making some moves but I am a bit concerned that they've only recruited on OL to date. I'm pretty sure that there are no graduating OL, but now's the time to replenish the cupboard. I don't think there are many OL on the roster, in general.

Any intel on this?

No intel but I'm a bit concerned as well. I'm a bit more concerned that they were able to nab the top available qb in the country but not the other two musketeers, Poulin and Dyck. I thought for sure they'd be announced right behind Wytinck.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: