ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Tue, 26-Mar-19 @ 04:07:51AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The 2019 All Canada Bowl will be for Two Age Groups JR Stars Grad 2022/2023 ( Gr 8 - 10 ) & SR Stars 2020/2021 ( Gr 11/12 1st. yr Cegep in QC ) Fill Out  & Submit Response Form https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: AUS WEEK 2  (Read 559 times)
AUSpredictions
« on: Tue, 28-Aug-18 @ 08:50:00AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

BYE Mount Allison (1-0)

Friday 7pm Acadia (0-0) @ StFX (0-1)

The defending champs have the upper hand here with getting game film on StFX from week 1. Acadia has lots of returning starters from last years squad including the conference MVP and defensive MVP. Should be a smooth night for Acadia, win by 17+.

Saturday 8pm SMU (1-0) @ Bishops (0-1)

SMU looked sloppy in their week 1 win against StFX, but so did Bishops in their loss to Mount A. I expect some of the rust to come off (3 INT) and SMU should have a good night offensively. SMU by 10+.
Report to moderator   Logged
EhYouEss
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29-Aug-18 @ 08:20:14AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

BYE Mount Allison (1-0)

Friday 7pm Acadia (0-0) @ StFX (0-1)

The defending champs have the upper hand here with getting game film on StFX from week 1. Acadia has lots of returning starters from last years squad including the conference MVP and defensive MVP. Should be a smooth night for Acadia, win by 17+.

Saturday 8pm SMU (1-0) @ Bishops (0-1)

SMU looked sloppy in their week 1 win against StFX, but so did Bishops in their loss to Mount A. I expect some of the rust to come off (3 INT) and SMU should have a good night offensively. SMU by 10+.

Acadia at X
The only thing helping X in this one is home field advantage. Acadia should be the class of the AUS this year with X doing a bit of rebuilding - although they still have a few weapons ... Julien-Grant, Socholotiuk. Acadia by18

SMU at Bishops
Haven't seen a whole lot out of SMU that tells me that they're a serious contender this season. Ditto for Bishops. Bishops has to find a way to get the ball into Walker's hands a lot more. This one will be closer than many think but I'll give the edge to the Dogs. SMU by 3.
drone view
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29-Aug-18 @ 04:06:44PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Acadia did not have many easy wins in 2017, though you're correct on calling them them tops in AUS. I will wait to see how they make out with a couple of stellar O linemen being replaced this season.
I go 17-10 as a final for the Axemen.

SMU has had a bad habit of losing games they should win and vice versa. Tough to say if that carries into this year again. Bishops 24 SMU 21. If SMU does win, they may take another step forward this season.

No certainty thyis year
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01-Sep-18 @ 03:48:43AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Acadia did not have many easy wins in 2017, though you're correct on calling them them tops in AUS. I will wait to see how they make out with a couple of stellar O linemen being replaced this season.
I go 17-10 as a final for the Axemen.

SMU has had a bad habit of losing games they should win and vice versa. Tough to say if that carries into this year again. Bishops 24 SMU 21. If SMU does win, they may take another step forward this season.

Acadia was a little slow out of the gate this season. This was their first reg season game. They came close to winning, lost in OT.  They will need to have a look at their mistakes, and make some adjustments.  Expect they will beat Bishops.

Bishops is really struggling this season and SMU hasn't looked a whole lot better.  I feel the reason  SMU has been winning what they have so far, is because their schedule is an easy one and FX imploded in the game against them.  Bad play calling & execution. Also their QB was a rookie, and struggling in that game.  They also either couldn't or didn't run the ball.  Looks like last night they made some adjustments and improved the stats there. 
FX improved the quality of their play in this last matchup against Acadia.  They developed a running game and Wasdel was more confident and able to score.  I expect SMU will also lose to FX at their next matchup Sept 29.  They should beat Mt. A, but that could change if Mt. A continues to improve

Need another week to see how teams are progressing in the AUS.  Will it be FX, or Acadia who takes the lead and come out on top. Or will another team get lucky.

All the bad press last year with SMU / AUS impacted recruiting this year, and the level of play in the AUS. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: