ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Fri, 14-Dec-18 @ 08:08:11PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The 2019 All Canada Bowl will be for Two Age Groups JR Stars Grad 2022/2023 & SR Stars 2020/2021 Fill Out  & Submit Response Form https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any news from Warrior Camp?  (Read 9540 times)
Win and in
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 13-Oct-18 @ 05:40:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Win they are in. Lose and queens losses they are in. Lose and queens wins, Laurier is in.
Report to moderator   Logged
?
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 13-Oct-18 @ 07:20:55PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Win they are in. Lose and queens losses they are in. Lose and queens wins, Laurier is in.

Laurier is out unless they win? Not gonna lose to guelph anyway.
Hawks Done
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 13-Oct-18 @ 08:10:56PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Laurier is not playing Guelph they are playing Western. Very little, if any, chance for a win and I'm afraid its game and season over for the Hawks who go down as the 2018 seasons biggest disappointment. Laurier has already lost to Guelph.
GO WARRIORS
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 13-Oct-18 @ 09:40:08PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Great win today Warriors. Would have loved to see Knox have to cross the field and shake Behies hand. Of course Knox was not at the game. Looks like Waterloo has the best OC especially after today's game.
wrong
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 14-Oct-18 @ 03:11:58AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Laurier is not playing Guelph they are playing Western. Very little, if any, chance for a win and I'm afraid its game and season over for the Hawks who go down as the 2018 seasons biggest disappointment. Laurier has already lost to Guelph.

Obviously the guy was saying LOO isn't going to lose to GUELPH anyway. Everyone knows Guelph has the pancake schedule again and doesn't play Western. haha

Also, don't count out Laurier vs a motivationless Western. They $hit the bead a few years ago vs Queen's in the same situation resting their starters.
Character Win
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 14-Oct-18 @ 10:34:32AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Waterloos best all around game of the season. Ford had all day to stand there and pass and let his guys come open. Oline did a great job. He was only rushed a couple of times and in most cases as always managed to run out of it. Pellerin pounded the ball vs the Mac front as well especially late in the game when Warriors needed a big run to solidify the game. Defensively their best game of the year and by far the best game of the year by the secondary. Great coverage by the secondary lead to the Mac QB having no where to throw. He held onto the ball to long on many occasions while he looked around but there was no one open. Maybe it was the bye week giving the Warriors extra time to scout and plan or maybe this team knew it was time to rebound from the York loss or maybe they are just getting it all together at the most important time of the year. At any rate a great win for the program and another big one coming up vs Guelph. GO WARRIORS!
War Wagon
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 14-Oct-18 @ 10:50:04AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any chance the Jack "the Jackhammer" Hinsberger is back for Guelph game?
UWFan
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 14-Oct-18 @ 03:25:13PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

War Wagon from what I have heard is he is probably out until playoffs if they make it but would play round 1 if they get in. The knee injury versus York wasn't nearly as bad as everyone had thought. He could potentially dress this weekend but with Brisset doing a fine job at Mac this week I could see him sitting. Yes its an important game but hes a big time player for the next 4-5 years not just this one.
War Horse
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 15-Oct-18 @ 11:01:07AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

War Wagon from what I have heard is he is probably out until playoffs if they make it but would play round 1 if they get in. The knee injury versus York wasn't nearly as bad as everyone had thought. He could potentially dress this weekend but with Brisset doing a fine job at Mac this week I could see him sitting. Yes its an important game but hes a big time player for the next 4-5 years not just this one.

That’s too bad. Jack has had a heck of a rookie season and I was looking forward to being at this game. However, it is great news that his knees (from what I heard it was actually both knees as opposed to one knee) are going to likely be okay. I saw the cutblock on tape and it was pretty dirty imo.
Big Test This Week
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 15-Oct-18 @ 11:33:04AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hopefully Jack is back for the playoffs in 2 weeks. Thought Brissett did a good job filling in for him although we never really saw him vs the run as McMaster didn't run the ball much. Loved the change up on defence when we used 2 lineman and 5 backers with 2 stand up backers right up on the line in the middle. Should get a better read on Brissett this week cause Guelph will run the ball inside and pound it at our backers.
War Horse
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 15-Oct-18 @ 12:07:18PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hopefully Jack is back for the playoffs in 2 weeks. Thought Brissett did a good job filling in for him although we never really saw him vs the run as McMaster didn't run the ball much. Loved the change up on defence when we used 2 lineman and 5 backers with 2 stand up backers right up on the line in the middle. Should get a better read on Brissett this week cause Guelph will run the ball inside and pound it at our backers.

I agree. No offence to Brisset who had a great game Saturday, but that’s why I was looking forward to Jack at inside versus Guelph. Jack is lethal on the inside run game. It seems though that Waterloo is strong at linebacker with the roster they have and Reid, Grey and the Hinsperger brothers and now Brissett, so I think it will be fine if he is out. Speaking of which I’ve been impressed by how Devon has come back this year. Doesn’t get the noise of his brother or Grey but he’s made some key plays in both the WLU and Mac games.
games.
BOB LOBLAW
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 17-Oct-18 @ 11:08:14PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How is nobody here talking about Ternowski??  1000 YDS, 12 TDs...
Come on dad
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 18-Oct-18 @ 06:34:03AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How is nobody here talking about Ternowski??  1000 YDS, 12 TDs...
Because they are concentrating on the next game. Don’t worry dad. I’m sure they will be giving him the ball sat so he can break the record but they better be concentrating on the W first. Records don’t win you championships that’s for sure
notsure
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 18-Oct-18 @ 08:14:06AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I honestly wasn't sure about that set. It was obviously intended to get more pressure on the QB, which wasn't apparent from what I saw. In fact, the huge run the Mac QB had was right up the middle against that set, because there was no player in the middle. I understand the intention of the coaches, maybe it was the execution, but it didn't seem to be super effective against Mac. And I wouldn't want to use it against the Guelph QB who can pull the ball down and run very well, leaving too many open lanes could expose the D for huge gains.
Regular Defence
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 18-Oct-18 @ 09:49:37AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

For whatever reason McMaster never tried to run the ball vs the 2 DEs and 2 backers standing up in the middle of the defensive line. However Guelph with their running game and running QB will do so and pound away at the Warriors interior. So I doubt they will use this alignment this week except maybe on 2nd and long.
no worries
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 18-Oct-18 @ 12:15:03PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I honestly wasn't sure about that set. It was obviously intended to get more pressure on the QB, which wasn't apparent from what I saw. In fact, the huge run the Mac QB had was right up the middle against that set, because there was no player in the middle. I understand the intention of the coaches, maybe it was the execution, but it didn't seem to be super effective against Mac. And I wouldn't want to use it against the Guelph QB who can pull the ball down and run very well, leaving too many open lanes could expose the D for huge gains.

Don't worry all you arm chair coaches out there. Our D sees Tre Ford (who can also throw) every day. We will be dialed up to stop the run which we have done pretty well all year except Western
UWFan
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20-Oct-18 @ 09:12:51AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

A 3-4 defense is fine against a QB who wants to run. UW has a really good linebacking core but D-line is thin anyways. They stopped Mac running the ball last week which enabled them to run different sets on defence.

Mac's QB got a run down the middle off of broken protection. It was not a reoccurring theme in that game it was really a one off.

johnnyBgood
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 20-Oct-18 @ 09:57:10AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

A 3-4 defense is fine against a QB who wants to run. UW has a really good linebacking core but D-line is thin anyways. They stopped Mac running the ball last week which enabled them to run different sets on defence.

Mac's QB got a run down the middle off of broken protection. It was not a reoccurring theme in that game it was really a one off.

Unless you believe the reactions of Mac fans......they basically compared him to Ford, LOL.  Kudos to the kid for taking a run when everyone's heads were turned, but a runner?....uh, no.
War Horse
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 22-Oct-18 @ 08:43:39AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Playoffs! Great to be in it again! I like the first round match up too. My concern is this team has been uneven this year. Realistically, Warriors could have been 7-1. They’ve been in all games but one and what it has come down to in the losses is errors at unfortunate times and some bad schemes and coaching calls/gambles. Hopefully its tightened up this week. Just read in the playoff chain Jack H is back too which should help in stopping the Guelph run.
War Wagon
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 22-Oct-18 @ 10:11:15AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

All comes down to the turnover battle - when Warriors lose they have fumbled more (stating the obvious)
Would love to see some improvement on kick/punt returns
Scared like heck every time we go back to punt

All that being said it is fantastic to be back in the playoffs!!!!  Heard Bert/DA are working their magic on the recruiting trail as well!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: