ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 20-Aug-18 @ 05:33:01AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Watch 2018 All Canada Bowl Live Sat. July 28 1pm BC time on www.vbnsports.com

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Week 1 Midget Results?  (Read 393 times)
Yum Yum
« on: Sun, 12-Aug-18 @ 05:59:35PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How did week 1 go? Really curious to hear how Gatineau and the super hyped Raftsmen did.
Report to moderator   Logged
good games
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12-Aug-18 @ 06:46:54PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Gatineau lost 40-10 vs Chateauguay

Raftsmen lost 43-37 in the last 30 seconds. It was back and forth all game.

Nepean lost to North Shore Broncos 21-6 another close one most of the game.
NCAFA joke
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12-Aug-18 @ 07:45:35PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

NCAFA sure had a good week in the losing column. And looks like their might be some forfeits on the horizon do to numbers. I wonder who gets the blame for that? And the players are suffering as usual because the league does not have a proper pro active approach to the issue.
Let’s get some executives that can run a league and make the nessary changes instead of putting blinders on.
Games
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12-Aug-18 @ 08:35:17PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

NCAFA sure had a good week in the losing column. And looks like their might be some forfeits on the horizon do to numbers. I wonder who gets the blame for that? And the players are suffering as usual because the league does not have a proper pro active approach to the issue.
Let’s get some executives that can run a league and make the nessary changes instead of putting blinders on.

The two games I saw were very poor. Gatineau looks like a weak bantam team. There's no way that team will last a season. Orleans had what? 26 players? Both the Raftsmen and their opponent looked very bad with offences scoring accident at times. If Orleans didn't have their RB, I'm not sure they score a point this year.

Of course NCAFA midget is bad. They refuse to invest in Bantam and let that division decay. Aside from a handful of decent bantam teams, midgets feeder system is completely broken.
PTR
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12-Aug-18 @ 10:54:32PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The two games I saw were very poor. Gatineau looks like a weak bantam team. There's no way that team will last a season. Orleans had what? 26 players? Both the Raftsmen and their opponent looked very bad with offences scoring accident at times. If Orleans didn't have their RB, I'm not sure they score a point this year.

Of course NCAFA midget is bad. They refuse to invest in Bantam and let that division decay. Aside from a handful of decent bantam teams, midgets feeder system is completely broken.

You're an adult coward shitting on kids.   Makes you feel like a man?  I bet you can't tell me the half time score of any of the game.   What kind of loser goes to games to watch kids fail?  So what you lost 6 hours this week-end over this?  Do you have a family?  Why spend time with them? 

Loser.  Next time use your real name.
Relax.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13-Aug-18 @ 07:33:51AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wow, relax! He didn't criticize any kids. He pointed out the games weren't very good and the teams may not last.

Personally, if this level of play is ever going to grow, I think we need to stop thinking of them as "kids". 16, 17 & 18 year old hockey players at the higher levels are held to very high standards. You have an entire industry examining everyone of them, looking toward the NHL draft. I get that NCAFA midget is a far cry from OPFL but it is still the most senior level of fall football offered in Ottawa. These players deserve to be treated like mature players and not sheltered by coaches who still bring freezies after the game.

And I love the anon guys who tell others to post their real name
TRUTSH
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13-Aug-18 @ 10:33:46AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wow, relax! He didn't criticize any kids. He pointed out the games weren't very good and the teams may not last.

Personally, if this level of play is ever going to grow, I think we need to stop thinking of them as "kids". 16, 17 & 18 year old hockey players at the higher levels are held to very high standards. You have an entire industry examining everyone of them, looking toward the NHL draft. I get that NCAFA midget is a far cry from OPFL but it is still the most senior level of fall football offered in Ottawa. These players deserve to be treated like mature players and not sheltered by coaches who still bring freezies after the game.

Here's the reality on the OPFL.   40 players pay 900 bucks for the 5-7 who will make CIS rosters to be seen.   And those 5-7 kids would have been found had they been playing high school football in Belleville or North Bay.   

It has nothing to do with the league or the teams record that get those kids to the next level.   

CIS coaches look for athletes.  And if you're not an athlete- you can spend all the money your parents have and win as many games getting 5 plays a game,  you will never make it to the next level.

So you better be playing and having fun whether it's OPFL, NCAFA or High School. 

And if you're an adult and you mock those people having fun,  or the organisation or coaches that provide that space you're a loser.   

I bet just as many players from those Montreal teams and those Ottawa teams who played this week-end will end up playing CEGEP or University next year as if they played OPFL or High school. 

And if you're a coach and worth anything,  that should mean more to you than a youth league ring. 

Bspit
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13-Aug-18 @ 11:26:18AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here's the reality on the OPFL.   40 players pay 900 bucks for the 5-7 who will make CIS rosters to be seen.   And those 5-7 kids would have been found had they been playing high school football in Belleville or North Bay.   

It has nothing to do with the league or the teams record that get those kids to the next level.   

CIS coaches look for athletes.  And if you're not an athlete- you can spend all the money your parents have and win as many games getting 5 plays a game,  you will never make it to the next level.

So you better be playing and having fun whether it's OPFL, NCAFA or High School. 

And if you're an adult and you mock those people having fun,  or the organisation or coaches that provide that space you're a loser.   

I bet just as many players from those Montreal teams and those Ottawa teams who played this week-end will end up playing CEGEP or University next year as if they played OPFL or High school. 

And if you're a coach and worth anything,  that should mean more to you than a youth league ring. 

It's this bullshit "getting kids to the next level" crap that I have a problem with.  It's great when a kid gets an opportunity but what's wrong with simply giving people a place to play the sport? This poster just above me is everything that is wrong with Ottawa youth football, talking CIS this and CEGEP that. There NOTHING wrong with the season the boys are in now being the destination. Midget, OPFL, high school, they all hold value to those players.

Can we PLEASE stop talking about "next year" and maybe focus on the value of today? Football is fun but a handful of guys out there have tried to make it about the path to greatness and they are the coach to do it!
Great opening week
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13-Aug-18 @ 02:59:38PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Agreeing with the above two posters, too much talk about “next level” we’re just rushing kids through instead of them just enjoying the moment and living in the present playing the game while it’s still fun. Anyone who’s coached, played the Junior level and higher know it’s less fun the higher you go because there’s more pressure or demands. Let them enjoy and if you’re a coach or spectator against them don’t watch the games, go watch what you think is high level football and stay there. That simple. I watched the games yesterday at Millenium, first game was a defensive battle for at least 3 quarters, the second was a high scoring game right to the last minute. It was some good football, it was the first game for these teams it’s not going to be picture perfect. Just saw that the Orléans and Montreal team posed together for a group photo showed class and league unity. That’s a step in the right firestorm for the growth of this level. Can’t wait to see the week to week improvements. Anyone who has to come up here bashing anyone are either just bitter coaches left behind with nowhere to coach or just someone miserable with their own life and need to shoot everyone else down to make themselves feel better.
BINGO!
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13-Aug-18 @ 05:05:41PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Agreeing with the above two posters, too much talk about “next level” we’re just rushing kids through instead of them just enjoying the moment and living in the present playing the game while it’s still fun. Anyone who’s coached, played the Junior level and higher know it’s less fun the higher you go because there’s more pressure or demands. Let them enjoy and if you’re a coach or spectator against them don’t watch the games, go watch what you think is high level football and stay there. That simple. I watched the games yesterday at Millenium, first game was a defensive battle for at least 3 quarters, the second was a high scoring game right to the last minute. It was some good football, it was the first game for these teams it’s not going to be picture perfect. Just saw that the Orléans and Montreal team posed together for a group photo showed class and league unity. That’s a step in the right firestorm for the growth of this level. Can’t wait to see the week to week improvements. Anyone who has to come up here bashing anyone are either just bitter coaches left behind with nowhere to coach or just someone miserable with their own life and need to shoot everyone else down to make themselves feel better.

BINGO! 
Improve NCAFA
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 14-Aug-18 @ 06:22:22AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Low numbers, executives and coaches threading to forfeit first game. Players paying for Football to develop and have fun but not enough players to run a proper practice, NCAFA president who is a great guy just needs to change and allow direction on the league. And the old guard should be changed to tackle the ideas truly facing the league.
NCAFA needs to stop its attack on parents. The league needs to advertise and get into the schools like rugby is doing and we wonder why football is not rising in popularity. We need community clinics so parents can see their child enjoying something new then they will be able to sign them up easier. And one of the biggest issues record games and review them for major infractions of intent to injure a player and fine the club and suspend players for the infractions. Including expulsions which would send a message to coach, players and executives,and parents that safety is taken seriously. It’s time to radically be pro active in a way people are proud of the branding of NCAFA and Captial Football is a great place to play it.
More Improvement
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14-Aug-18 @ 07:30:58AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You have some good ideas. Let me add more -

- Consider contraction. South Ottawa and East Ottawa, your time has come. After a few years, if football sees another upswing, create a new Club in that area with new people.

- Help individual Club executives learn to be good NCAFA partners. Too often a new group takes over a Club but has no clue how to function in the league and gets left behind.

- Help the referee association develop new officials. The state of the officiating is at an all-time low and the referees need a lot of help.

- Invite Beckwith in to the league.
Parent1977
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 14-Aug-18 @ 08:39:53AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Low numbers, executives and coaches threading to forfeit first game. Players paying for Football to develop and have fun but not enough players to run a proper practice, NCAFA president who is a great guy just needs to change and allow direction on the league. And the old guard should be changed to tackle the ideas truly facing the league.
NCAFA needs to stop its attack on parents. The league needs to advertise and get into the schools like rugby is doing and we wonder why football is not rising in popularity. We need community clinics so parents can see their child enjoying something new then they will be able to sign them up easier. And one of the biggest issues record games and review them for major infractions of intent to injure a player and fine the club and suspend players for the infractions. Including expulsions which would send a message to coach, players and executives,and parents that safety is taken seriously. It’s time to radically be pro active in a way people are proud of the branding of NCAFA and Captial Football is a great place to play it.

I'm a parent.  Maybe I'm missing something.  How is NCAFA attacking me?

My son has played a few sports.   I have tried to get other parents in those sports to try something different in the fall and I can't convince them that football is actually more safe than hockey.   I can bring up all the stats- they don't want to hear it.   They either have drunk the 12 month, 1 sport hockey Kool-Aid or simply don't the time.

This idea that only football is facing declining numbers is bunk.   All sports including that powerhouse soccer is down 15-20 percent since 2011.   The amount of my sons friends who don't play any sport is insane.  I'd say it's running at about 70 percent.   Our generation of parents, I'm in early 40's-  are so generally lazy when it comes to our kids.   We throw a cellphone at them and say "Enjoy".  

This isn't the fault of any organization.  This a product of my generation being pampered when we grew up by parents who were involved in their communities.  People who didn't need an invitation to ask "Can I help?" "You need ice?- I'll bring it"

I always volunteer my time to whatever activity my son is in.   I ask other parents if they're helping out and they all shrug and say "I'm too busy".  you're too busy to do sticks or work in a canteen for an hour flipping burgers?  As parents we get back what we put in.   If you don't like something,  volunteer, get involved.  

It's your kids after all.

I've seen these kind of forums with hockey and soccer.  This football one isn't that terrible.  I like the predictions and scores stuff, but the other stuff is someone pissing on their own shoes.

Attacks?
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 14-Aug-18 @ 09:27:39AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

My son has played a few sports.   I have tried to get other parents in those sports to try something different in the fall and I can't convince them that football is actually more safe than hockey.   I can bring up all the stats- they don't want to hear it.   They either have drunk the 12 month, 1 sport hockey Kool-Aid or simply don't the time.

This idea that only football is facing declining numbers is bunk.   All sports including that powerhouse soccer is down 15-20 percent since 2011.   The amount of my sons friends who don't play any sport is insane.  I'd say it's running at about 70 percent.   Our generation of parents, I'm in early 40's-  are so generally lazy when it comes to our kids.   We throw a cellphone at them and say "Enjoy".  

This isn't the fault of any organization.  This a product of my generation being pampered when we grew up by parents who were involved in their communities.  People who didn't need an invitation to ask "Can I help?" "You need ice?- I'll bring it"

I always volunteer my time to whatever activity my son is in.   I ask other parents if they're helping out and they all shrug and say "I'm too busy".  you're too busy to do sticks or work in a canteen for an hour flipping burgers?  As parents we get back what we put in.   If you don't like something,  volunteer, get involved.  

I've seen these kind of forums with hockey and soccer.  This football one isn't that terrible.  I like the predictions and scores stuff, but the other stuff is someone pissing on their own shoes.

I think the "NCAFA is attacking parents" thing stems from some comments a misguided NCAFA Executive wrote a few months ago. Something about how the league is going to force the teams to police the behaviour of parents and issue penalties for parents too close to the sidelines. This one fellow felt that people are leaving the sport due to abusive fans and was looking to lay down heavy rules to prevent it. Of course, more heavy handed rules would need to be enforced and this particular NCAFA exec member is invisible at league games so the enforcing would be on the Club volunteers, something that is already in short supply. Asking clubs to milk more from already overworked volunteers WILL drive people from volunteering and will erode the league further.
Parents blame
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 14-Aug-18 @ 01:02:03PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Parents are not to blame for decline and lack of league promotion.

Parents are not to blame for lack of disciplinary action when a player acts alone or told to do a aggressive spear or intend to injure another player.

Parents are not to blame when a coach can’t run a practice with only
15 players.

Parents are not to blame that the league can’t get the Presidents together to think the best for the players.

Parents and the players are the only reason their is a NCAFA. How about showing them some respect.

Though I have to say The Managers and Coaches are not to blame either it’s the way the league is ran as a whole and needs new leadership and structure. Promote in schools and being a development  league again.

Get a few coaches and pay them to promote the game in schools community and events. Start with touch then flag the. Tackle drills and educate those and allow youth to fall in love with football. It’s not just promote at football games because theirs a Professional Team. Time to put up or shut up.
Get your 50/50 tickets
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 14-Aug-18 @ 10:47:45PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not implying any anything but can someone tell Me where  the 50/50 ticket money is going and how it being divided up? As well what teams are using the money for? Just like to see where it is being used and how the teams are benifiting from the Redblack fans generosity.

Ottawa football
Calgary Board Hides
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 15-Aug-18 @ 12:06:50AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

in Calgary the Minor Football Board not only hides the money from Stampeders 50-50 tickets they do not publicly account on how they spend the 50-50 Stampeders money ever.
They keep all of that information with the Board of Directors and never account to players, parents or anyone about a single dollar.
Their AGM is never announced and never public. That is for every level from 6 to 18 years old.
No other sport in Calgary behaves that way, just the arrogant Football Board.

Don't let that happen in Ottawa is my advice. They want ppl to ask no questions because that is how they like it.
Sure
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 15-Aug-18 @ 07:06:02AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not implying any anything but can someone tell Me where  the 50/50 ticket money is going and how it being divided up? As well what teams are using the money for? Just like to see where it is being used and how the teams are benifiting from the Redblack fans generosity.

Ottawa football

The RedBlacks 50/50 money distribution is actually a pretty clear process and is one that is mandated by OSEG. Basically, each 50/50 seller gains a "share" of the sales per game for their club. If your club has 10 sellers at a game, your club gets 10 shares.

The money doesn't go to the clubs however, it is held by NCAFA. OSEG set firm rules on what the money could be spent on. So NCAFA clubs can forward invoices to NCAFA for payment from their accounts. Things like field rentals, equipment purchases, coaches training, etc. can be covered.
Get a bigger Raft?
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 15-Aug-18 @ 11:25:42AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Raftsmen numbers seem to be growing from last week, saw they had a full practice last night. The game was obviously a good boost for them hope the other NCAFA QMFL teams are getting the same increase.
Popeye
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 15-Aug-18 @ 01:32:32PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think the "NCAFA is attacking parents" thing stems from some comments a misguided NCAFA Executive wrote a few months ago. Something about how the league is going to force the teams to police the behaviour of parents and issue penalties for parents too close to the sidelines. This one fellow felt that people are leaving the sport due to abusive fans and was looking to lay down heavy rules to prevent it. Of course, more heavy handed rules would need to be enforced and this particular NCAFA exec member is invisible at league games so the enforcing would be on the Club volunteers, something that is already in short supply. Asking clubs to milk more from already overworked volunteers WILL drive people from volunteering and will erode the league further.

Well I'm one of those parents that think people who follow the play yelling at refs and opposing teams are morons and should be asked to F*ck Off.   If a club brings a cave dweller to the game,  they should take care of removing them.  I shouldn't . 

So am I to blame for everything in your universe? 
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: