ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Sun, 15-Jul-18 @ 09:56:26PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Response Form All Canada Bowl www.goo.gl/57g9aN July 28 in Chilliwack,BC

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: U16  (Read 407 times)
U16
U16
« on: Wed, 25-Apr-18 @ 01:51:59PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Other than 1, good to see that the Calgary players are going to fill the ranks at Francis in the upcoming year.
Report to moderator   Logged
uselessleaguer
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25-Apr-18 @ 05:41:14PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How in the world football alberta still allows the head coach from a school caught recruiting so many times to still attend these events is beyond me.

Congrats for all those who made it, i'm sure coach is gonna wanna have a close talk with all of you.
RootyTtoo
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25-Apr-18 @ 06:23:34PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Calgary football is out of kilter from the very roots, very good people coach it and play it in most cases for a lot of clubs, but fight against a crazy stacked system that those who put it in place have no interest in fixing.
Cowboys will win Division 1 Midget Championship with 65 players and
St Francis Cheatin' Browns will win Division 1 City Championship with 60 plus players & a lot of benchwarmers

this keeps happening because those who know about it do do anything concrete and people new to the system don't know some of this has been going on for close to 50 years. Then there is always coaches who think they can beat the odds but never do.  

Round and round like a mouse on a wheel  

good luck francis
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25-Apr-18 @ 07:30:25PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think its great how Francis is filling their ranks only to lose to harry ainlay when it really matters. Albeit Calgary football is better, but it is extremely difficult to beat a team that now has talent from all over edmonton going to one school. Guess its the place to be nowadays...
FFFired
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25-Apr-18 @ 08:24:05PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"Something About Calgary"

(football), goes in the same circles to talk about speaking of a mouse on a wheel 

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted: I would go for the 7.

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.

Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]

Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted: Why?

Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're f*ckin' fired!

Top thaf
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25-Apr-18 @ 09:15:14PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think its great how Francis is filling their ranks only to lose to harry ainlay when it really matters. Albeit Calgary football is better, but it is extremely difficult to beat a team that now has talent from all over edmonton going to one school. Guess its the place to be nowadays...

HA went down south and stole the brooks kid after seeing him in U16. They also grabbed a St. Albert/ Sherwood park player.

Francis has locked up and expanded its territory in Calgary. They continue to feed the high school from two Cowboy Bantam teams, a smidge from the wildcats/Hilltoppers and Mavericks. Maybe it is not enough and they need to also grab those players in Cochrane, Springbank, Okotoks

Ruettiger
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25-Apr-18 @ 11:40:09PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"My son is going to St Francis Browns, Head Coach had someone with Cowboys tell us they really want him and see you in August", says happy dad named Norm

End of August comes, practice begins, Norm Jr. is placed on the 2nd team, could be worse there is a 3rd team.

Norm tells his son to keep working hard. Norm talks to Browns coach. 1st game comes & junior plays part of 4th Quarter.

Next practice Norm Jr. is on the 3rd team, 3rd team kid moved to 2nd team's Dad played for Browns

Welcome to your next 3 years boy, get water for the Starters, cheer and don't talk back & we will let you buy your own jacket

Hey, did you ever see the movie "Rudy"? We need kids for the Scout team

Norm Jr. = Rudy

Rudy2
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 26-Apr-18 @ 07:44:13AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Rudy played a NCAA Div 1. Thx Bud for the motivation. I’m going to Francis.
Reuttiger
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26-Apr-18 @ 10:25:31AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Rudy did not play. Scout team. 3 plays & got to dress for his very last game as coach felt bad for him. 

After working as hard as possible and showing that he was willing to work as much as he needed to, Ruettiger earned a place on the Notre Dame scout team, a practice squad that helps the varsity team practice for games.
Merv Johnson was the coach who was instrumental in keeping Rudy on as a scout-team player only.
In Ruettiger's last opportunity to play for Notre Dame at home, Devine put him into a game as defensive end against Georgia Tech on November 8, 1975.
In the final play of Ruettiger's senior season with the Fighting Irish, he recorded a sack, which is all his Notre Dame stat line has ever shown. Ruettiger actually played for three plays. The first play was a kickoff, the second play was an incomplete pass, and on the third (and final) play he sacked Georgia Tech quarterback Rudy Allen.

The future of many Browns.
Humour Top shelf
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 26-Apr-18 @ 01:55:04PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think the guy was sarcastically jokin. You sir need to find a sense of humour. We don’t thank you for the Rudy historical post
Reality2018
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 26-Apr-18 @ 03:15:12PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

that is a sense of humour dim one. Any post on Rudy Ruettiger on a board is illustrating you son's future through humour.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: