ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 10-Dec-18 @ 10:40:43PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The 2019 All Canada Bowl will be for Two Age Groups JR Stars Grad 2022/2023 & SR Stars 2020/2021 Fill Out  & Submit Response Form https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Midget Season Results  (Read 966 times)
Predator Parent
« on: Fri, 13-Apr-18 @ 03:18:54PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Does anybody know the results of the games so far this season?
Report to moderator   Logged
So...
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14-Apr-18 @ 06:03:37PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I only know today at Clarke.

20 - 0 Preds over Chargers

39 - 18 Seahawks over the Shock

Interesting games.  Some behaviour from both fans and coaches was disappointing.
And you wondered
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14-Apr-18 @ 07:15:08PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Interesting games.  Some behaviour from both fans and coaches was disappointing.

And you wondered why no officials with any seniority want to do your league anymore, soon your coaches will be refereeing other teams games, because basically most think spending time at the cottage etc is much more fun then putting up with the immaturity of  a growing number of parents/coaches.  Even the players on the field get embarrassed, but hey why should that matter in the minds of parents and coaches, they will act as they like when they like, it is after all, all about them. Have fun.
So...2
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14-Apr-18 @ 08:36:27PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Great point!

Actually there were senior officials in both games today. Both head referees as well as linesman, etc...

Not too sure why they would want to do this again. 

In the the first game it was mostly the Seahawks parents that belittled both the refs and the Shock parents.  They actually went so far as to ridicule the Shock bench as they were on the stands side.  One lady ripped into them and then vocally defended her ripping because they chose to take that side of the field instead of being where they should have been on the opposite side of the field. Then ripped inti the Shock parents. Her message was "you get what you deserve". Very classy indeed. Please go back to your trailer dear.

In the Charger game it was the Charger coach who displayed the most poor sportsmanship foul mouth you could imagine.  All of this with children in the stands. I get you didn't agree with the officials, but you're supposedly a role model as a coach.  All you did was swear loudly and berate every call.  I always thought the Chargers were the class of the cdmfa. Obviously not in the midget season.  He was nothing more than a disgrace.  The team imploded and that was a direct result of the style of coaching.  Yelling at players, refs and the opposing team gets you everything you don't want. If you can't figure that out you should not be a coach. 

I do cheer loudly iin the stands as I did today,, but know enough to respect those around me.  Apparently that lesson still needs to be learned by some and you know who you are.
midget parent
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 14-Apr-18 @ 11:00:01PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I was at Clarke today and it was sad to see a coach's disposition drag his team down with him.  The refs were not infallible but they were not responsible for a 26 to 0 score either.  By the third quarter the Chargers bench was in disarray.  Hopefully the team can learn from this and move forward.

As far as parent/spectator behavior is concerned it is par for the course these days.  In the last three years I have yet to attend a midget or high school game without someone making an ass of him/herself.  Having played many sports over the years I can attest that all the players can hear is a bunch of crows fighting over road kill.  None of the shouting does anything to influence the game. Next time I will sit on the other side...it looked nice and sunny and warm over there today.
Hahaha
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15-Apr-18 @ 07:25:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I heard the chargers are looking for coaches. Maybe some of you internet critics can call them. I’m sure a quick google search will get you a number.
ummm
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15-Apr-18 @ 09:28:13PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So by your logic as long as you volunteer you're somehow absolved of meeting a standard of behaviour? Interesting.

No one gets to have an opinion if they dont become a coach. I would say or otherwise become involved, but you obviously feel that being an official, parent, fan, etc... doesn't give you the right to express a valid thought.

Look, the behaviour that many saw on Saturday at Clarke by the Chargers coaches was disgraceful and an embarrassment to both themselves and, more importantly, their yourh. Don't hide behind the volunteer flag. That is not an excuse, in fact it's the reason you are held to a higher standard and need to do better. Really pretty simple, or so I thought.
Simple
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 16-Apr-18 @ 10:13:32PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any fan that acts like that should be thrown out.  Indirectly by the league and/or the stadium reps and/or by the Teams rep  with the help of our finest....the police

As far as the Coach, he gets a stern warning by the league and team association advisors. Next time suspension. Continue still...see ya pack your bags

Simple
Fan in the Stands
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17-Apr-18 @ 09:26:30AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Think the score was more like 30-0 or something, would have been higher if Predators actually kicked converts.
Spruce fan
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 19-Apr-18 @ 09:44:19AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I was at Clarke today and it was sad to see a coach's disposition drag his team down with him.  The refs were not infallible but they were not responsible for a 26 to 0 score either.  By the third quarter the Chargers bench was in disarray.  Hopefully the team can learn from this and move forward.

As far as parent/spectator behavior is concerned it is par for the course these days.  In the last three years I have yet to attend a midget or high school game without someone making an ass of him/herself.  Having played many sports over the years I can attest that all the players can hear is a bunch of crows fighting over road kill.  None of the shouting does anything to influence the game. Next time I will sit on the other side...it looked nice and sunny and warm over there today.

I'm starting to think maybe it's a playing Parkland thing, because the St. Albert parents were all kind of idiotic in our game against the Storm last night. Here's a tip, learn the rules before you scream bloody murder that your kids have taken their umpteenth unnecessary roughness penalty, or better yet ask your head coach why that is acceptable on his team?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: