ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Sun, 15-Jul-18 @ 09:50:21PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Response Form All Canada Bowl www.goo.gl/57g9aN July 28 in Chilliwack,BC

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Final standings  (Read 370 times)
StarturEngines
« on: Thu, 12-Apr-18 @ 07:42:48AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here we go, the way too early 2018 standings

IMHO - this is the way the AUS shakes out in 2018

1 - Acadia - returning the AUS Off/Def MVP's and lose only a few on D and a few on O. The QB is the big question but if there OL stay healthy then Wright runs for a bunch again and defense/specials win the day.

2 - Bishops - Very good recruiting year, better coordinators now in place and 2nd best RB in the conference IMO. Solid HC and were just a step behind everyone last year but make huge strides this year

3 - St FX - Should return a host of players from injury and if Socolochiuk (sp) returns they have solid running game. QB again is big question as they weren't very steady back there, and they lost a few DB's i hear.

4- SMU/MtA - Don't believe SMU will have enough players/coaches returning from the states/Sask RR CFL roster/CCES bans to compete for title and MtA will struggle with loss of coaches, QB and a new regime. They have recruited the heck out of team New Brunswick of Football canada cup but that team is consistently in 8th place out of 8.

I am sure this will cause some to disagree and argue but these are just my thoughts as the sun rises in the Maritimes.

#HumboldtStrong
Report to moderator   Logged
Rev Em Up
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12-Apr-18 @ 01:59:39PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think you put a pretty good prediction up, actually. I might give SMU the benefit of the doubt though. It's really a different team every year - you never know what the roster will look like - and god knows who Colzie has coming in this year. Actually, I'm kind of excited to see myself.

I might even elevate Bishops to a league contender with a year under their belt and some fairly solid recruiting. They were in a lot of games this past year and just fell short on more than a couple occasions. More experience may have given them a couple more wins.

Mount A will be in the basement. They didn't do enough in the off-season to keep up with the recruitment/promotion of the program. At least it seems that way with the number of *quality recruits they've announced. But, I'm not close to that camp so who knows - maybe Fraser has a few diamonds up his sleeve. Their QB situation doesn't look as dire as one would think. Wenman looks solid on film. However they don't have one OL signed yet.

X will be middle of the road ... will win some and lose some. A lot, as you say, will depend on returning players and whether or not they can get their QB situation sorted out.
SMU is in troube
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14-Apr-18 @ 03:49:26PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How many players are returning to SMU for the 2018 season?  I've heard they are less than 50 returning players from 2017 (might be less than 40 returning players).
Recruiting wise they only have 10 recruits announced.  This program appears to be in some trouble at the moment for survival.
SMUKNOW
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15-Apr-18 @ 09:36:59AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How many players are returning to SMU for the 2018 season?  I've heard they are less than 50 returning players from 2017 (might be less than 40 returning players).
Recruiting wise they only have 10 recruits announced.  This program appears to be in some trouble at the moment for survival.

Never under estimate teams.  I am sure SMU has plenty more guys signed that are just not announced yet.  Plus having 25 freshmen come in to your program usually doesn't help year 1.  SMU will be fine everyone knows that but everyone loves to throw shots.

Final standings

Acadia 7-1
SMU 6-2
Bishops 5-3
Mt A 3-5
X 2-6

I believe Mt A and X are in much more trouble than SMU.  MT A has lost a few weapons in Loukes and Miller and have lost some started to graduation. While X has graduated a few kids and rumours of other kids leaving does not give X a lot.  They will have K Grant back which helps but who will be able to take the heat off Grant to give him space to work his magic.

4 months away from kickoff should be an entertaining off season keep working hard and best of luck to all 5 teams
Not Too Quick
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27-Apr-18 @ 09:19:29AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think you all are not giving Mount A enough credit. They lost a couple pieces but this team is chock full of seniors. This is their year to compete for the Loney. If they don't do it this year, I can't see it happening any time soon. Experience means so much at this level. Based on that, this team should be one or two by the end of the regular season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: