ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 22-Apr-19 @ 11:58:45PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The 2019 All Canada Bowl will be for Two Age Groups JR Stars Grad 2022/2023 ( Gr 8 - 10 ) & SR Stars 2020/2021 ( Gr 11/12 1st. yr Cegep in QC ) Fill Out  & Submit Response Form https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Please cut & paste the story  (Read 1233 times)
Silence is Golden
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 14-Jan-18 @ 08:29:19PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So what everyone is saying (or deflecting) is that SMU is okay, they did nothing wrong and there will be zero output from this....and that everyone should be more focused on witch hunting FX because there was 2 players that have been charge with sex crimes. Now let's see...SMU did what they did with full knowledge and drive by the coaches. I would be hard pressed to think that FX coaches knew those boys were doing what they have been charged with. Hard pressed to think they covered it up or hired a crack legal team to cover up all outcomes of it. I'm pretty sure that once the allegations and charges where found out they removed the players from the team. Compare apples and oranges boys instead of trying to deflect SMUs back door dealings with what happened at FX. You want to go that route? Ask around about that certain US player who allegedly stole and scared a poor coed but it was taken care of internally without and consequences to the player.

I understand where you are coming from - and you seem to get it - but I think the consensus on here is to just try to ignore this guy. He is unstable and can't seem to grasp reality. I implore you and everyone else out there who is tempted to respond to this fellow, to just let it go and he will eventually go away.
Report to moderator   Logged
You don't get it
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 14-Jan-18 @ 10:18:05PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So what everyone is saying (or deflecting) is that SMU is okay, they did nothing wrong and there will be zero output from this....and that everyone should be more focused on witch hunting FX because there was 2 players that have been charge with sex crimes. Now let's see...SMU did what they did with full knowledge and drive by the coaches. I would be hard pressed to think that FX coaches knew those boys were doing what they have been charged with. Hard pressed to think they covered it up or hired a crack legal team to cover up all outcomes of it. I'm pretty sure that once the allegations and charges where found out they removed the players from the team. Compare apples and oranges boys instead of trying to deflect SMUs back door dealings with what happened at FX. You want to go that route? Ask around about that certain US player who allegedly stole and scared a poor coed but it was taken care of internally without and consequences to the player.

I understand where you are coming from - and you seem to get it - but I think the consensus on here is to just try to ignore this guy. He is unstable and can't seem to grasp reality. I implore you and everyone else out there who is tempted to respond to this fellow, to just let it go and he will eventually go away.

Unfortunately you don't get it, are you talking to yourself again?  I guess that happens when you can't grasp reality and you ignore the facts.  Too bad the Supreme Court judges didn't see things your way. Go complain to them. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. 
Crying Wolf
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 15-Jan-18 @ 06:24:55AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If you've been paying attention and following this, SMU got the ok from U Sports that it was OK for Jack to play.  FX AD McPherson didn't like that answer - as he was getting his players ready after they pulled the plug on SMU's game hoping his own team would fill the spot and that there would not be enough time to go to court and overrule what Leo & Currie did.   Leo was also the AUS AD....bit of conflict of interest there.  Two Supreme Court judges ruled in SMU's favour.  everyone knew Jack had been in the CFL, dates were public knowledge. The AUS lost this battle, they're in denial. 

Re FX and Acadia

Daniel Obiang, 20, is facing two charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking crack cocaine .
Acadia head coach Jeff Cummins wouldn’t comment on Obiang, his arrest, his time on the team
The arrest was known well before the Loney Bowl took place. No mention of it, until after the Loney Bowl.  Acadia only then removed his name from the roster.
Interesting that.  What did it cost them to keep that quiet.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1520854-wolfville-man-arrested-on-drug-charges-is-former-acadia-football-player

Neither the team’s coaches, the school’s athletic directors addressed the sex assault or drug trafficking situation to the media but they sure had no shortage of things to say about SMU.

Peter Gryphon:
the 2009 Western/Da'shawn Thomas case is a precedent that sheds light on the SMU/Archeleus Jack case. It is an identical case in most ways.

It has to be a central part of why SMU thought they were on solid ground when they added Jack to their roster. Specifically, if Western did it in 2009 and NO ONE suggested Western was cheating then why would we (SMU) interpret the rule any differently.

BTW, Found this interesting:

Brady left Mt A because he was going to be fired for his role in a scandal. Mt A and other AUS teams gained access to a SMU film account and used game week practice film to prepare.

The source of the access was an AUS official. This could be big.

How did they "gain access"?

They used the credentials of an AUS official. It wasn't a SMU coach or player account that was used.

I don't know exactly who that implicates, I was caught up in the part of the story where Brady and his staff cheated to beat SMU.

With Phil Currie's vendetta against SMU I wouldn't be shocked if it comes out that all AUS teams had access.

Interesting this.

Sounds like Wolf is harbouring a grudge against SMU for the losses his team incurred to them over the years. Why go after SMU long after this was settled by 2 Supreme Court judges Archibald and Smith as well as having a signed and binding agreement by U sport officials.  Additionally a precedent had already been set by Western with Da'shawn Thomas.  Where's all Wolf's disdain about Western's player Thomas.

Toronto Argonauts
Thomas was signed as a free agent by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League on February 29, 2008, and placed on the practice roster for the 2008 Toronto Argonauts season. He re-signed with the Argos on January 19, 2009, but was released at the end of training camp.

College career
In an unusual move, Thomas, who had never attended university and only a few days of a junior college in Kansas, registered with the University of Western Ontario and will play for the Western Ontario Mustangs in the 2009 CIS football season. The National Collegiate Athletic Association does not permit an athlete with any professional sports experience to play on a college team. However, since CIS football typically discounts one year for every year of professional experience, it is the only opportunity for Thomas to prepare for the 2010 NFL Draft. Former Mustang Vaughn Martin was drafted in the 2009 NFL Draft and former Mustangs receiver and current Argonaut Tyler Scott and former Argonauts coach Rich Stubler recommended Thomas to Mustangs coach Greg Marshall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Da%27shawn_Thomas

https://www.cfl.ca/2009/06/12/argos-training-camp-day-5/

Any updates on the Brady Mt. A issue?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: