ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Tue, 26-Mar-19 @ 04:07:10AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to Play in the 2019 All Canada Bowl ? East Canada vs West Canada Open Link -Reply-Submit
https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's going on at ST. FX  (Read 2799 times)
What on earth
« on: Sun, 17-Dec-17 @ 12:09:04AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Third St. F.X. student arrested for sexual assault in the last few weeks
Hopefully not tied to the football program, AUS can't take any more of this
Good that the Univ is taking a strong stand
Time to re educate students - both at home and school

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1528923-third-st.-f.x.-student-arrested-for-sexual-assault
Report to moderator   Logged
STFXer
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17-Dec-17 @ 03:01:50AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

what a stupid post. How and why are you tying in the St FX football program with a news report like that? Based on what?
What a loser
"Sexual Assault" in this day and age is so convoluted that no one even knows what it is.
Are you saying 3 St FX players raped women? What exactly are you impyling?
Do you know how many women file false reports? It seldom makes the media.
This is all subject to a trial that would be a long way off: do you know what a trial is? Innocent until convicted.
Has a St FX player been convicted of a crime? 
Merry Christmas - hopefully Santa brings you a brain.
Here are the facts
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17-Dec-17 @ 08:16:18AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

what a stupid post. How and why are you tying in the St FX football program with a news report like that? Based on what?
What a loser
"Sexual Assault" in this day and age is so convoluted that no one even knows what it is.
Are you saying 3 St FX players raped women? What exactly are you impyling?
Do you know how many women file false reports? It seldom makes the media.
This is all subject to a trial that would be a long way off: do you know what a trial is? Innocent until convicted.
Has a St FX player been convicted of a crime? 
Merry Christmas - hopefully Santa brings you a brain.

Because the other two were tied to the football program. This is the 3rd sexual assault reported in the last month.
The complaints are obviously being taken seriously by the Univ and RCMP.  I think most people would be happy to hear that.  Only you seem to be pointing the finger at the victims.

All details are not released because of a pending trial - like any trial.  The incident is reported, all the details come out in the trial.

So you're suggesting the last two women made false claims. 
You indicate this type of thing seldom makes the media.  Well this is the 3rd in a matter of weeks - month.
Which is highly unusual.  RCMP are investigating.   
Looks more serious than you are suggesting.  Prior story about the other two students below:
Hopefully it is not as serious as the reports are suggesting. 
Read on. 

Two St. F.X. players arrested, charged with sexual assault
The two men arrested last week over alleged sexual assaults at St. Francis Xavier University were players on the school’s X-Men football team.

Jonah Williams, 19, was charged last week with three counts of sexual assault against two different women and Tyler Ball, 18, was charged Monday with a single count of sexual assault.

The two defensive backs have both been dropped from the roster on the St. F.X. website, however their player profile pages remain up.

Williams was a regular on the team’s starting lineup during the season that recently ended.

Ball was not.

Neither the team’s coach, the school’s athletic director nor vice-president Andrew Beckett, who spoke to media on the arrests last week, responded to requests for comment on Monday.

Williams and Ball were arrested on the evening of Nov. 22 after a woman reported an incident that occurred on campus during the weekend of Nov. 18.

During the investigation, another woman came forward with allegations of having been sexually assaulted twice by Williams on campus — once in September and once in November.

According to an interview last week with Beckett, Williams is banned from campus as a result of the charges and Ball is only allowed on campus to attend classes.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1524278-two-st.-f.x.-players-arrested-charged-with-sexual-assault

St. FX football player charged with sex assault was residence leader

One of two St. Francis Xavier University football players charged with sexual assault was the student leader of an on-campus residence, says a spokesperson with the Antigonish, N.S., university.
Last week, RCMP laid three charges of sexual assault against Jonah Williams, 19, of Halifax, a former player at Citadel High School.
In addition to playing defensive back for the X-Men, Williams was the house president of a St. FX student residence. House presidents receive an honorarium and have various responsibilities, including organizing events.
RCMP have also charged Tyler Ball, 18, of Truro, with sexual assault. Ball played at Cobequid Education Centre and was a rookie with the X-Men football team this season.
"In both cases, interim measures include denial of all student privileges, this includes no participation in any athletics programs," St. FX spokesperson Cindy MacKenzie said in an email.
RCMP said a second woman, age 19 and also a student, came forward and alleged one of the men under investigation had also sexually assaulted her on two separate occasions on campus — once in September and once in November.
"One of the accused has been denied access to campus while the other has been granted restricted access to campus, only permitted to attend classes. The arrangements are being made to allow continuation of course work remotely."
Williams is facing a court appearance on Jan. 10 in Antigonish provincial court. Ball will appear on Jan. 24.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/student-charged-with-sex-assault-was-house-president-1.4424521
Perhaps
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17-Dec-17 @ 08:43:18AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

While some women have made false claims, the complainants also have to be taken seriously.
Otherwise, victims will be afraid to come forward and that is never a good thing.
That's how abuse starts out of fear of speaking out.

Whatever the details are it appears this is being taken quite seriously.
RCMP are involved and charges have been laid on 3 students.  2 of those FB players.
The university has taken a strong stand.
If the allegations turn out to be baseless or false, that too will be reported - possible lawsuits to follow.
Anyway, the details will come out in court.  Will find out soon enough

According to this article, with unfounded sexual assaults in Canada - typically neither arrests, nor charges are laid

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/investigations/unfounded-sexual-assault-canada-main/article33891309/
X marks the spot
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17-Dec-17 @ 11:13:03AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Reading this thread is scary for all those raising a daughter.  To read a poster almost blame a young victim for coming forward is absolutely shameful.  X is very quick to point fingers at other programs for any wrongdoing however go quiet when it is one of their own.  Hopefully there is justice and closure for all these young adults involved.  The healing process will surely take a long time for all involved. 
X-Spelled
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17-Dec-17 @ 03:22:41PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What an embarrassment to the university.  I have heard the program is being run by the players Waterman and his staff should be fired and the AD should have some accountability.  How can X actively recruit any new kids during this time?  I hope they are being honest with their recruits before a kid googles this mess
Speaks of Integrity
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17-Dec-17 @ 04:56:16PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What an embarrassment to the university.  I have heard the program is being run by the players Waterman and his staff should be fired and the AD should have some accountability.  How can X actively recruit any new kids during this time?  I hope they are being honest with their recruits before a kid googles this mess

St FX AD is also the AUS Pres.
I would think any recruit is going to be doing their homework
Hope this is the end of controversy & problems in the AUS

Leo MacPherson, the director of athletics and recreation at St. FX, hoped the AUS decision would result in the X-Men playing the Axemen. He said the team continued to practise, just in case.

"Integrity is core to our values and non-negotiable, so for that matter, I respect the AUS decision because it's based on integrity," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/aus-football-championship-saint-mary-s-player-eligibility-1.4395529

http://goxgo.ca/general/2016-17/releases/20160513jr8n7m
X-Spelled
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17-Dec-17 @ 05:12:21PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Leo even saying the word integrity is an absolute joke. He should step down as President of AUS he has already proven he cannot do the right thing and has a huge conflict of interest. Now they try to cover up these allegations

Who is running this circus??
What's the answer
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18-Dec-17 @ 07:20:43PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Leo even saying the word integrity is an absolute joke. He should step down as President of AUS he has already proven he cannot do the right thing and has a huge conflict of interest. Now they try to cover up these allegations

Who is running this circus??

Conflict of interest is a problem.  There needs to be someone else to step in should that come into play.

He talks of integrity, while ignoring the issues about his own school and coming down hard on another. 
He had his team practicing to be ready for the Loney Bowl while the decision was before the courts. 
Wonder how he felt to have the courts rule against the decision he supported, after the judge ordered the game be played.   

Leo MacPherson, the director of athletics and recreation at St. FX, hoped the AUS decision would result in the X-Men playing the Axemen. He said the team continued to practise, just in case.

"Integrity is core to our values and non-negotiable, so for that matter, I respect the AUS decision because it's based on integrity," he said.

Leo MacPherson to take over as AUS President

http://goxgo.ca/general/2016-17/releases/20160513jr8n7m

Had to be a costly for all.   
Can't afford another repeat of this, Eligibility rules need to be more clearly defined.
Wonder if there will be tensions - hard feelings with some of the AUS teams going into 2018?

Hard feelings?
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 18-Dec-17 @ 10:45:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hard feelings? SMU made a mockery out of the AUS and USports! And they got away with it!! Such a good legal team that even if and when Jack is found to be ineligible the results can't be divulged. This means that SMU, Colzie the 3rd, and everyone on the team can get away with murder. All teams should have hard feelings.
InnocentUntil
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 18-Dec-17 @ 11:02:46PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Be very very careful with your big mouth there Mr Self Righteous, people have sons to care about as well as daughters, you better keep your lip zipped until there is a conviction if there ever is...you DO NOT TAINT A WHOLE program for a few individuals you jack-ass, read some history...

All Sex-Assault Charges Against Duke Lacrosse Players Dropped; Players Glad Ordeal Is Over

All sexual assault, kidnapping and other charges have been dropped against the three Duke University lacrosse players indicted for raping a woman, North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper announced Wednesday.

"The result of our review and investigation shows clearly that there is insufficient evidence to proceed on any of the charges," Cooper said. "Today we are filing notices of dismissal for all charges."

He added: "We believe these cases were a result of a tragic rush to accuse and failure to verify serious allegations. Based on these significant inconsistencies of evidence and the various accounts given by the accusing witness, we believe these three individuals are innocent of these charges."

Cooper said not only are the players innocent of the charges they faced, but there is "no credible evidence that an attack occurred at that house on that night."

"All evidence contradicts her story. She contradicts herself," he said of the accuser, Crystal Gail Mangum.

The indicted players, Reade Seligmann, Dave Evans and Collin Finnerty, were all in Raleigh on Wednesday to watch the televised news conference from an undisclosed location. An attorney for one of the players told the News they were only told beforehand that the case was going to be dismissed — but not how powerful Cooper's declaration of their innocence would be. The attorneys had two different statements prepared just in case.

It's been "an amazingly difficult few days, an amazingly difficult year," defense attorney Joe Cheshire said during a later press conference, adding that the case was full of "great, fantastic lies."

When Evans took the podium, he said the lacrosse team has "gone to hell and back."

"It's been 395 days since this nightmare began and finally the day has come for closure," he said. "We are just as innocent today as we were back then ... we have never wavered in our story.

"It's painful to remember what we went through in those first days and it's just a testament to all our characters that we never lashed out, we stayed strong."

Finnerty thanked his friends, family and the lacrosse team for their support.

"It's been a very long and emotional year for me and all of us … knowing I had the truth on my side was really the most comforting thing," Finnerty said. "Today's that day we've all been waiting for ... the truth finally did prevail, as everyone said it would."

Seligmann called the entire experience a "dark cloud of justice," saying, "Today marks the end of a yearlong nightmare that has been emotionally devastating for all of our families."

The players also acknowledged that their families had the monetary means to afford a defense that ultimately proved their innocence, and said prosecutors and police need to be kept in check to prevent similar "railroading" of those less well off.

"The Duke lacrosse case shows has shown society has lost sight of the most fundamental principles of our justice system," Seligmann said, referring to the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

He also lashed out at the media for its "hurtful words" and "outrageous lies."

"Truth is the best vindication against slander," Seligmann said, quoting Abraham Lincoln.

Evans also blasted the media and those who compared the lacrosse players to Hitler, an analogy he said was one of many made in the days after the allegations surfaced.

"My family and I can sleep at night knowing I did everything I was supposed to do. I never lied … and I can walk with my head held high and I can sleep at night knowing I couldn't have done anything else to prove my innocence."

'Rogue' Prosecutor Nifong Bashed

The players and Cooper blasted District Attorney Mike Nifong — who originally indicted the players for rape — for overstepping his power as a district attorney, saying the "rogue" prosecutor had "pushed ahead unchecked" in this case.

"There were many points in this case where caution would have served justice better than bravado," Cooper said. "This case shows the enormous consequences of overreaching by a prosecutor. What has been learned here is the internal checks on a criminal charge — sworn statements, criminal grounds, proper suspect photo lineups, accurate discovery — all are critically important."

The three faced charges of first-degree kidnapping and first-degree forcible sexual offense after Mangum, one of two dancers hired to perform for the players, claimed she had been violently raped in a bathroom by three players at an off-campus lacrosse party on March 13, 2006.

But after changes in the accuser's story and a lack of DNA evidence conclusively pointing to the three players, the rape charges were dropped in December. Nifong recused himself from the case on Jan. 13, and Cooper's office took over. Nifong was charged by the state bar with violating several rules of professional conduct.

The allegations at first outraged the Raleigh/Durham community — Mangum is black and attended nearby North Carolina Central University; all three Duke players are white. But that anger largely shifted to Nifong as his evidence against the three fell apart and questions surfaced about the credibility of the accuser.

"Fresh eyes would have ended this case before it began," said Larry Pozner, a defense attorney for 33 years and former president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. "This is a travesty. This is a tragedy for the woman and the team and the individual defendants."

All three former players have steadfastly maintained their innocence, with Evans early on declaring to the press that the allegations were "fantastic lies."

Members of Mangum's family told the News that she is "almost relieved" the case is over. Family members had earlier told the News that she has wanted the case to end for some time, especially since she expected charges to be lessened — if not dropped completely — since Nifong removed himself from the case.

The family told the News that they're poor and black, whereas the players and their families are "rich and white," and that the attorney general's office has looked upon the players as "golden boys."

Friends of the boys accused said they were thrilled the charges have been dropped.

"I think today's exciting for a lot of reasons," Taylor Price, a friend of Finnerty and Seligmann's, told the News. "This boundary that's been suffocating my friends for the last two years is finally going to be lifted. I'm excited to see where these kids are going to go the rest of their lives … I know they're going to do great things."

The families of Finnerty, Evans and Seligmann may be considering a civil lawsuit against either the city or the state, if the charges are dropped completely, sources close to the case told the News.

Cooper said his office considered pressing charges against the accuser, but decided not to in the end.

"Our investigators looked at the records, and we think she may have believed the stories she was telling," Cooper said. "We believe it's in the best interest of justice not to bring charges."

Cooper's office next week will release the results of its investigation. He also proposed a state law that would give the North Carolina Supreme Court the power to remove a prosecutor from a case in limited circumstances.

"The result [of the Duke case] was wrong," Cooper said. "Today we need to learn from this and keep this from happening again to anybody."

Nifong is already in hot water with the state bar. He is accused of withholding potentially exculpatory DNA evidence from the defense and lying to both the court and bar investigators. He faces a June trial before the bar and could be disbarred if convicted.

Click here to read the latest Nifong ethics charges news

"Since he recused himself in January and turned the case over to the attorney general's office, he has had no involvement in the investigation," said David Freedman, Nifong's lawyer. "At the time he turned the case over — and now — he has had complete confidence in the attorney general's office to make the appropriate decision."

A Trail of Fumbles

The lack of DNA evidence and the alleged withholding of evidence by Nifong are just some of the problems cited in the Duke case.

No DNA evidence ever proved any member of the lacrosse team raped the Mangum. The defense also learned that a series of tests Nifong ordered from a private lab found genetic material from several men on the accuser's underwear and body, but none from any Duke lacrosse player. That evidence wasn't shared with the defense until late last year.

The second dancer at the party, Kim Roberts, called Mangum's rape allegations "a crock" but had said she thought something did happen in the bathroom that night.

"I think she was looking forward to the trial so she could see for herself what happened," Roberts' lawyer, Mark Simeon, told FOX News on Thursday. "Something was wrong. Something happened in that house and she was looking forward to finding out, along with everyone else."

Seligmann produced ATM and fast-food receipts, cell phone records and other evidence that suggested he was not at the party when the rape supposedly took place.

Defense attorneys attacked a key photo lineup — suggested by Nifong — that they said violated police procedures because it used only pictures of lacrosse players and contained no fillers, even though investigators knew other men attended the party.

They hammered on Mangum's credibility by noting inconsistencies in her story. They also pointed to a decade-old claim she was gang-raped never led to an arrest and a December revelation that she was pregnant.

Durham Mayor William Bell told the News that the city will deal with the decision to drop charges and its aftermath.

"We've said all along it's a judicial matter and that's where it should lie," Bell said. "I'm comfortable that whatever decision is made, we'll accept it and Durham will move on."

But Bell and others said the idea that racial tensions in Durham were inflamed by the allegations has been exaggerated by the media.

"I think the race issue has been a bit overblown as far as Durham is concerned," Simeon said. "Durham is a great town, it's been a melting pot for a lot of people for a long time. It's a strong city."

While Evans, 24, of Bethesda, Md., graduated the day before he was indicted in May, Duke temporarily suspended sophomores Finnerty and Seligmann in the wake of their arrest. Finnerty, 20, was also convicted in July in an unrelated assault case in Washington, D.C., and sentenced to six months of probation.

Finnerty, 20, of Garden City, N.Y., and Seligmann, 21, of Essex Fells, N.J., were both invited to return to campus, but neither has accepted. John Danowski, the former coach at Hofstra who took over the Duke program last summer, has also said that both are welcome to continue their lacrosse careers with the Blue Devils. Danowski moved the team's afternoon practice to Wednesday night so his players could attend their teammates' press conference.

Former Duke lacrosse coach Mike Pressler, who was forced out amid the scandal, said he is proud of the players for sticking together as the media, pundits and some in the community bashed their character, as well as the character of other members of the team. The team was characterized as a group known in the community for having wild parties and disturbing their neighbors on a regular basis, among other things.

"You've got 50 people believing one truth and the world believing another ... we're all alone out there wondering how we're going to get through it, and to the credit to those players, they got through it," Pressler said. "You sign on and you finish and they did. Today's their day, and that's where my pride comes from."

When asked by reporters if the players deserve an apology from anyone, Pressler said: "We said we were sorry all along ... I think the ones who took it the hardest are certainly those 47 young men. I think you're asking a very obvious question and I think there's an obvious answer."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Wrong again
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 12:01:38AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hard feelings? SMU made a mockery out of the AUS and USports! And they got away with it!! Such a good legal team that even if and when Jack is found to be ineligible the results can't be divulged. This means that SMU, Colzie the 3rd, and everyone on the team can get away with murder. All teams should have hard feelings.

It wasn't the legal team who decided to reinstate the game, it was the Supreme Court judge who ruled on that after hearing all the information. The AUS went against the decision of U Sports.  Why? An agreement had been signed. Leo prob saw an opportunity to have his team play. BTW, it wasn't like anyone was hiding anything.  It was public knowledge that Jack had been in the CFL, so why wait until just before the Loney Bowl to bring up the ineligibility issue.  Why?  Probably because FX didn't feel SMU would win so many games, considering the past couple years they only won a total of two. So SMU was probably written off as a non issue.  It's only when they were winning and winning someone may have seen an opportunity. Not only did the forfeit give Acadia and FX a win they didn't earn, it sounds like Leo was most likely hoping it put his team in a position to get into a play off that they had no chance of winning otherwise.

All teams .. includes SMU.  I'm certain they have some hard feelings also.
I would imagine the eligibility rules will be updated moving forward.

Four of the five universities in the AUS filed a complaint over Jack’s eligibility. That’s because a player affiliated with a professional team is supposed to wait 365 days from their release to play at the university level.

However, Saint Mary’s says they have a binding agreement with U Sports — which governs university sport in Canada — and allows Jack to play.
EnoughOFThis
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 03:39:03AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

THIS IS A FOOTBALL BOARD - WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT?

DO YOU HATE Canadian USports football players or all youth football players in general??

DO YOU HATE Canadian USports football players or all youth football players in general??

Freaking loser, go discuss non-football issues elsewhere, you get a charge over talking about "sexual assault"? Why else would you post it to this board?  

Football players
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 06:50:01AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Freaking loser, go discuss non-football issues elsewhere, you get a charge over talking about "sexual assault"? Why else would you post it to this board?  

I don't dislike football players. This involved football players. Even the media addressed the lack of response from the AD, HC.
2 of the 3 persons involved in this were FX football players this year, 1 was a residence leader - a position of trust
Why isn't the FX AD addressing this. He had no shortage of words when it involves issues with other teams. He speaks of integrity, he needs to apply the same rules, philosophy to all.  If he did, it would be a non issue .

two men arrested last week over alleged sexual assaults at St. Francis Xavier University were players on the school’s X-Men football team.

Jonah Williams, 19, was charged last week with three counts of sexual assault against two different women and Tyler Ball, 18, was charged Monday with a single count of sexual assault.

The two defensive backs have both been dropped from the roster on the St. F.X. website, however their player profile pages remain up.

Williams was a regular on the team’s starting lineup during the season that recently ended.

Neither the team’s coach, the school’s athletic director nor vice-president Andrew Beckett, who spoke to media on the arrests last week, responded to requests for comment on Monday.
Legal
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 07:46:25AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I imagine there are legal reasons why the AD isn't speaking on the issue or people involved.  What exactly do you want him to say anyway?
No need
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 11:18:09AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It wasn't the legal team who decided to reinstate the game, it was the Supreme Court judge who ruled on that after hearing all the information. The AUS went against the decision of U Sports.  Why? An agreement had been signed. Leo prob saw an opportunity to have his team play. BTW, it wasn't like anyone was hiding anything.  It was public knowledge that Jack had been in the CFL, so why wait until just before the Loney Bowl to bring up the ineligibility issue.  Why?  Probably because FX didn't feel SMU would win so many games, considering the past couple years they only won a total of two. So SMU was probably written off as a non issue.  It's only when they were winning and winning someone may have seen an opportunity. Not only did the forfeit give Acadia and FX a win they didn't earn, it sounds like Leo was most likely hoping it put his team in a position to get into a play off that they had no chance of winning otherwise.

All teams .. includes SMU.  I'm certain they have some hard feelings also.
I would imagine the eligibility rules will be updated moving forward.

Four of the five universities in the AUS filed a complaint over Jack’s eligibility. That’s because a player affiliated with a professional team is supposed to wait 365 days from their release to play at the university level.

However, Saint Mary’s says they have a binding agreement with U Sports — which governs university sport in Canada — and allows Jack to play.

No need for SMU to have hard feelings, and there is definitely no need for changes or updates to the eligibility rules going forward. You only need to sign a back door agreement or use a legal team and the Superior Court to side with you because of the clarity (or lack of).  Please USports, make no changes and remain the joke that you have made the league out to be.
bad news
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 12:22:22PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

X is not the spot to be sending your kids no accountability from the coaches or admin.  Things are going to get worse football wise for years to come.  Sad to see how far a team has fallen so quickly.  
EnoughOFThis
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 12:37:05PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Drop the topic, this idiot wants to talk about what bad guys youth and USports football players are when the vast majority go on in life to be STELLAR CITIZENS.

Just drop the topic, the guy is disturbed. He want to talk off field garbage, which has nothing to do with 2018. No one comments on this sort of thing.

Go to counselling if incidents on any campus bother you so much SJW, if you have a daughter and are so afraid, home school her under your watchful eye. It's life. SHIt happens, but very, very rarely.

Merry Christmas LOSER
Just WOW
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 12:56:48PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

That is correct let us all sweep it under the rug and homeschool that is the answer over at X lets not address there was a problem here let us drop it.  Merry Xmas to you too Mr. homeschool clearly it did not work for you as you seem to think any off-field issues are only issues at other schools but not at the beloved X.  Funny thing is you hear that X is a school that often brainwashes students into a certain way of thinking reading these posts reiterates that statement could very well be true.  Very sad for the school but even worse for all the students involved very unfortunate.

Oh well lunch is over back home we all must go
Carpet dust
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 07:21:10PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

That is correct let us all sweep it under the rug and homeschool that is the answer over at X lets not address there was a problem here let us drop it.  Merry Xmas to you too Mr. homeschool clearly it did not work for you as you seem to think any off-field issues are only issues at other schools but not at the beloved X.  Funny thing is you hear that X is a school that often brainwashes students into a certain way of thinking reading these posts reiterates that statement could very well be true.  Very sad for the school but even worse for all the students involved very unfortunate.

Oh well lunch is over back home we all must go

Here's the thing.  If this story was about SMU football players, this thread would be lighting up like a Christmas tree with negative comments about their program, coaches, students - posts just piling on. 
I think many are just looking to the FX AD to take a stand and address his teams own issues for starters, showing that he's fair open and honest.  He did speak of integrity 'It would help mend some fences, and make the AUS stronger. He would lead by positive example.
bad news
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 20-Dec-17 @ 08:14:50PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I do not think the Ad will say anything on this issue.  He does not want X nation to look bad so if they let everyone slide through Xmas maybe he will forget all about the issues in his building.  Maybe 2018 will be a better year for X. I doubt it but it probably will not be worse than 2017.  Let us see how many recruits will come in on visits around this very unfortunate incident. 

A recruit will ask what is that under the rug?
Waterman will reply oh that is nothing we are just covering up some old damage !!  Just stay away from the rug and watch out for that yellow tape.
AUSSER
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 20-Dec-17 @ 09:28:00PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Go beat your dead horse elsewhere. Never been anywhere neat ST FX but you guys are playing kick the can just to kick it.
This is not a football topic.
It is important
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 20-Dec-17 @ 10:14:59PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Go beat your dead horse elsewhere. Never been anywhere neat ST FX but you guys are playing kick the can just to kick it.

No one's playing kick the can.  If this was about SMU football players, there'd be an avalanche of negative comments about them.  

The fact is, it's about 2 FX football players that were on the roster this year, who were  charged with sexual assault. A 3rd FX student has also been charged.    Their court cases are coming up in January, so we will find out more.  

Perhaps this will lead to the end of these incidents by perhaps the University addressing them, with profs, employees, and educating students, including athletes on what is appropriate behaviour and not. A good opportunity to change.

The university has banned one of the accused from campus, while another has been granted restricted access to attend classes. All other student privileges, including participating in varsity athletics, have been revoked.

Accusations of sexual assault on campuses — especially against athletes — are often met with attempts to discredit the women, a local expert said.

One of the accused was also reportedly a house president of a student residence, a leadership position among the student body.
"You can be really popular and a really amazing athlete and have great grades and still be a perpetrator of sexualized violence," said Heather Blackburn, manager of the sexual assault nurse examiner program at the Antigonish Women's Resource Centre.
It's not until recently that society has inherently believed the victims of sexualized violence, Blackburn said.

Two varsity football players have been charged with sexual assault. Both have been released with conditions and are set to appear in provincial court in January, police said.

http://www.trurodaily.com/news/None/athletes-stand-together-with-survivors-167863/
It's a positive
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 20-Dec-17 @ 10:21:37PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

No one's playing kick the can.  If this was about SMU football players, there'd be an avalanche of negative comments about them.  

The fact is, it's about 2 FX football players that were on the roster this year, who were  charged with sexual assault. A 3rd FX student has also been charged.    Their court cases are coming up in January, so we will find out more.  

Perhaps this will lead to the end of these incidents by perhaps the University addressing them, with profs, employees, and educating students, including athletes on what is appropriate behaviour and not. A good opportunity to change.

The university has banned one of the accused from campus, while another has been granted restricted access to attend classes. All other student privileges, including participating in varsity athletics, have been revoked.

Accusations of sexual assault on campuses — especially against athletes — are often met with attempts to discredit the women, a local expert said.

One of the accused was also reportedly a house president of a student residence, a leadership position among the student body.
"You can be really popular and a really amazing athlete and have great grades and still be a perpetrator of sexualized violence," said Heather Blackburn, manager of the sexual assault nurse examiner program at the Antigonish Women's Resource Centre.
It's not until recently that society has inherently believed the victims of sexualized violence, Blackburn said.

Two varsity football players have been charged with sexual assault. Both have been released with conditions and are set to appear in provincial court in January, police said.

http://www.trurodaily.com/news/None/athletes-stand-together-with-survivors-167863/

And further, all universities need to address these issues with students, athletes, profs, employees so that the situation improves to one of a better & healthier understanding and more respect.
This may lead to lasting positive change
EnoughOFThis
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 01:35:15AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You are *ucking idiot to keep re-posting this stuff on a tiny amateur football forum. It does not matter where they went. It has nothing to do with football.

Obvious you have Mental Health Issues, see a Doctor and get on psychiatric Meds. If you have Meds, take them. You have problems.
It is related
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 07:38:49AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You are *ucking idiot to keep re-posting this stuff on a tiny amateur football forum. It does not matter where they went. It has nothing to do with football.

Obvious you have Mental Health Issues, see a Doctor and get on psychiatric Meds. If you have Meds, take them. You have problems.

This news is about 2 FX football players - who are now no longer with the team, one was  removed from the roster, then banned from Campus after the charges pertaining to this incident.  It will impact the team, morale, loss of player impact and recruiting. 
So far Bishops is leading the recruiting pack, one player from the US, others from Q
Optimistic
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 07:42:45AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'd like to think USports athletes have evolved since the debacle at SMU back in 2014 where 10 football players were suspended for making racist, sexist and homophobic tweets ...
https://globalnews.ca/news/1110768/smu-to-suspend-football-players-following-offensive-tweets/

Right or wrong, agree or disagree, university athletes are under more scrutiny and held to a higher standard. Education is key and it should be communicated early on - from AD and the coach - that this type of behaviour is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
No means Yes at X
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 08:54:27AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Keep throwing shade and deflecting that 2 of your players didn’t rape a student on campus one who your school put in charge of other students. Deflect to something from 2014 where a bunch of first year students had things on social media posted as far back as still being in high school. Doesn’t change the fact your campus isn’t a safe place I wonder how many women haven’t reported players.
Seriously Pal
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 09:24:05AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Whoa, pal. Seriously, you are in need of some professional counselling. What is wrong with you? What has happened to you in your life for you to obsess over this to the point that you're appearing, well, a bit scary to be honest.
bad news
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 03:46:33PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Kudos to the young women at X for taking an initiative and the young men for supporting the cause.  Maybe Waterman and Leo McPherson can learn a bit from these young people. Waterman and Leo should be at the local Sobeys selling the t-shirts every day to gain some sort of respect back from the community.

Seriously try again
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 06:22:47PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Whoa, pal. Seriously, you are in need of some professional counselling. What is wrong with you? What has happened to you in your life for you to obsess over this to the point that you're appearing, well, a bit scary to be honest.

You do realize it's more than one person posting about FX on this thread who happen to agree with this.  
It would seem more people feel the same way about this including FX students.  This topic is certainly related to the football players and will have an impact on the team.  Hopefully now for the better.
You keep talking about professional counselling.  Maybe you should take your own advice
UTY76
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 06:25:40PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"Seriously Pal is right". The guy driving this thread under various "SERIOUS" names is scary. People who obsess and try to keep pounding a point home that has been done to death by this point are not stable. He has a huge hate on for footballs players as he has now expanded it to past years.
Childish replies like "I know you are but what am I"

Back away from the computer and see a psychiatrist weird person  
Hardly
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 08:46:47PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"Seriously Pal is right". The guy driving this thread under various "SERIOUS" names is scary. People who obsess and try to keep pounding a point home that has been done to death by this point are not stable. He has a huge hate on for footballs players as he has now expanded it to past years.
Childish replies like "I know you are but what am I"

Back away from the computer and see a psychiatrist weird person  

Have you checked out your posts lately. 
There are several posters who don't happen to agree with you
The only one obsessing is you. 
I don't see anyone here hating football players.  No one is perfect including students, or ADs.  Posters are merely asking why a response wasn't given by the AUS President - who also happens to be the FX AD, why he's not acknowledging the issue at his university regarding 2 of his fb players, but had no problem talking about other universities  -  ineligible player when it was before the courts.    It's a bit hypocritical.  He speaks of integrity when it involves other universities. 
UTY76
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 21-Dec-17 @ 09:13:02PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

what a psycho
the kind of guy who gets arrested for stalking. Scary.
Stay on topic
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 22-Dec-17 @ 05:55:49AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

what a psycho
Then quit stalking and get help
You are responding to multiple posters here,
When you don't like the facts, you deflect and insult
Stay on topic
FootballBoard
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 22-Dec-17 @ 07:04:08AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE  RULES - Football Topic
they are not touching the surface of the playing field.

Vertical posts (goal posts) shall be placed and centred on each Goal Line. The distance between the posts shall be 18 feet 6 inches. The goal posts shall extend 40 feet above ground level and shall be joined by a crossbar parallel to the ground at a height of 10 feet. The diameter of each post above the crossbar shall be not less than 3 inches or greater than 4 inches.
At the extreme top of each post, there shall be attached a coloured ribbon 4 inches wide and 42 inches long. A wishbone type or single-shaft goal post assembly may be used, provided that it complies with the above standards and the base of the assembly is not further than 75 inches from the Goal Line.
Article 2 — Fields Less Than Regulation Size
If the regulation length of a field is not available because of a fence, a running track or any other object, a clear line of demarcation shall be established at least one foot toward the playing surface from such fence, track or object.

A line shall be painted on the playing surface and shall be considered as the boundary line. A player who touches this line, the surface outside the line or any object outside the line shall be ruled as having gone Out of Bounds.

Article 2 — Fields Less Than Regulation Size
If the regulation length of a field is not available because of a fence, a running track or any other object, a clear line of demarcation shall be established at least one foot toward the playing surface from such fence, track or object.

A line shall be painted on the playing surface and shall be considered as the boundary line. A player who touches this line, the surface outside the line or any object outside the line shall be ruled as having gone Out of Bounds.

ECTION 2 — THE BALL
The official football for a Canadian Football League game shall be the Wilson CFL Official Game Ball, which shall be inscribed with the signature of the Commissioner.

The game is played with a ball made of Wilson Exclusive Gameball Leather in four panels that shall be inflated to a pressure not less than 12 1/2 psi nor greater than 13 1/2 psi. The circumference of the long axis shall be not less than 27 ¾ inches nor greater than 28 1/4 inches. The circumference of the girth or short axis shall be not less than 20 7/8 inches nor greater than 21 1/8 inches. The length of the long axis shall be not less than 11 inches nor greater than 11 1/4 inches. The total weight of the ball shall not be less than 14 ounces nor greater than 15 ounces. The exposed laces shall be not more than 4 3/8 inches in length and 1 1/8 inches in width.

The ball shall be painted with 1-inch white stripes around the short axis, commencing 3 inches away from the point of greatest circumference of the short axis.

The home team must also supply a minimum of another six new, unmarked and unaltered balls to be used for kicking plays (“Kicking Balls”). Both teams will use the Kicking Balls for all kickoffs, punts, kicked convert attempts, and field goal attempts. The home team must also have on hand a sufficient supply of additional Kicking Balls and make them available to the Game Officials should they be required due to weather or other circumstances. If the visiting team runs out of Offensive Balls, they will use Kicking Balls for the remainder of the game while on regular offence.

Any team that uses an illegal football or alters a ball during a game will be subject to a fine or suspension by the Commissioner.

SECTION 3 — POSSESSION
Possession means having the ball firmly held in hand or hands, arm or arms, leg or legs, or under the body.

When players of the opposite teams have possession of the ball, it shall belong to the player who first gained possession and who has not lost possession.

If players of both teams legally gain possession of the ball simultaneously, it shall belong to the team that last previously had possession.

A ball not in possession of a player is still in play. A ball shall be considered to have been fumbled if the player last in possession has lost control of it.

If a kicked ball other than a kickoff is legally touched by a player of either team, such touching shall be deemed to be possession.

SECTION 4 — DEAD BALL
The ball is dead:

Whenever a field official blows the whistle
When an official has signalled a score
When the ball goes Out of Bounds
When a forward pass is declared incomplete
When a kicked ball strikes the opponent's goal post assembly in flight, without first touching the ground, a player or an official
When the ball carrier is tackled and the forward progress has been halted (tackling is defined as the act of grasping or encircling a ball carrier with hands and arms)
When the ball carrier behind the line of scrimmage is firmly in the grasp and control of a tackler to the extent that the ball cannot be thrown
When a ball carrier is tackled and driven back towards the ball carrier's own Goal Line, an official must assume that an attempt was being made to advance the ball and that only the actual contact with an opponent prevented such advance. Therefore, the most forward point of advance shall be considered the point where the ball became dead
When the ball carrier is contacted by an opponent and loses balance so that a portion of the body, other than hands or feet touches the ground, the ball shall be dead at the point where it was held when touching the ground, or the point where the ball was held when contacted, whichever is the furthest point of advance
When the quarterback, in possession of the ball, intentionally kneels on the ground during the last three minutes of a half
When the quarterback, in possession of the ball, dives in a feet first sliding motion, the ball shall be declared dead at the point it was held when another part of the quarterback's body, other than hands or feet, touch the ground
When a player, having possession of the ball in own Goal Area, intentionally kneels on the ground
When a ball carrier is on the ground and, in the judgment of the official, is not attempting to advance the ball, the official shall immediately declare the ball dead.
NOTE:

A ball lying on the ground and not in possession of a player is not dead. A ball striking an official is not dead except on a forward pass.

CFL Football 101: Lesson 2 – Basic Rules
In today’s Lesson, we will look at the basic rules and regulations and the structure football in the CFL and NFL.

What sport is also called Football – outside of North America? Soccer is called football everywhere else in the world, except North America, where it is referred to as soccer.
What are the two professional football leagues in North America? Do they overlap? The Canadian Football League and the National Football League are the two leagues. They do not overlap except that many of the rules are the same, but the teams in each league do not play one another.
Name 2 ways in which a team can score. A touchdown play or a field goal play.
What do teams win in the Championship Game of the CFL? They win the Grey Cup. The championship is known as the Grey Cup and it takes place in November.
How many “downs” are played in the CFL vs the NFL? In the CFL, teams only have 3 downs (or chances) to gain 10 yards, whereas in the NFL, the teams have 4 downs.

Vocabulary
Line of Scrimmage – The imaginary lines on the field that the offense and defense cannot cross until the ball is snapped.  There are two lines of scrimmage in a football game, one for the offense and one for defense.  This is why in football you see the teams crouch down and line up facing each other before the play starts. These lines move depending on how far the offense is able to move the ball forward.
Field Goal – Term used to describe a scoring play where the kicker has the opportunity to score three points by kicking the football through the uprights from any point on the field. Typically, this will happen on a team’s last down if they don’t think they can get into the end zone for a touchdown.  Each team has an appointed kicker (part of special teams) that will come out and attempt the field goal. In the NFL, no points are awarded if the kicker misses. (In the CFL, however, the team can be awarded one point for a missed field goal as long as the ball is not run back out of the end zone by the other team).
Kickoffs – A play that occurs at the beginning of the game, after halftime, or after a scoring play by the offense to resume play.
Pocket – The area in front of the quarterback after he takes the “snap” of the football from the centre.
Tackle – When a player is “taken down” on the field. There are various strategies players employ to tackle (i.e. grab feet)
Penalty – A term for any time a team violates a rule of the game. Penalties are signaled by one of the officials throwing a flag in the direction of the penalty that occurred. The team being punished will lose anywhere between five and fifteen yards.
Combine – An event where all of the top prospects go through drills to showcase their skills to all the NFL teams to try and increase their draft ranking – this increases their chances of multiple offers from teams.  The tests include skill, weight, strength, conditioning, speed and so much more!
The Draft: An annual event where coaches and teams pick players to join their team.  Eligible players/prospects get ranked based on skill from the combine and the order of when teams get to pick is based on how they did in the previous season aka if a team comes in last place they get “first pick” at the draft and get the best available player to add to their roster.

1) Rules & Game Play
The Field

The CFL field is 110 yards long and 65 yards wide. The two end zones are each 20 yards deep.
The NFL plays on a field that is 100 yards long and 53.3 yards wide. It is divided into five-yard sections with numbers painted at every 10 yards. The field is divided into two halves of 50 yards. At each end of the field is a 10 yard “end zone.” where scoring takes place.
Players and Game Play

A game consists of four quarters. Each quarter is 15 minutes in length and the time is never stopped during game play unless it is for a penalty, timeout, injury, a challenge or a TV commercial.
Each team consists of an offense, a defense and a special teams squad. The specials teams unit is in charge of kick-offs, punts and field goals.
In the CFL, there are 12 players on the field during play – on offense, the additional player is a receiver. On defense, the extra man is a defensive back.
In the NFL, there are 11 players on the field during play.
Beginning a Game

For both the CFL and the NFL, each game starts with a coin toss to determine which team will be kicking and which team will receive the ball.   The captains of both teams meet the referee at centre field and the visiting team will call the coin toss and the team that wins declares when they want to choose the field setup (in addition to who kicks off first, they also decide which end of the field they want to defend). This is repeated at half-time and the coin-toss loser will make the choices for his team, for the second half of the game.

The game begins with the ball placed on a tee at the 35-yard line of the defending team, and the kicker kicks it as far as possible towards the opposing team. If a kickoff goes out of bounds prior to the end zone, it is awarded to the offense at its 35-yard line. It is from this point that the offense starts their “drive” to their opponent’s end zone based on how far the ball is kicked and how far the returning team runs the ball after catching the kickoff.

Scoring

Touchdown (six points): A touchdown is scored when a player runs in or a catches a ball inside the opposing teams end zone. For a touchdown to count, the ball must break the plain (goal line) of the end zone. After a touchdown is scored the offensive team gets a chance for a point-after attempt. They have the choice of kicking the ball through the uprights for one point or they can either run or throw the ball into the end zone for two points. The point-after is attempted from the two-yard line in the NFL and from the five-yard line in the CFL.
Field Goal (three points): A field goal is scored by kicking a ball through the uprights. They are usually attempted on fourth downs. Teams will typically go for a field goal if 50 yards or closer because they are more likely to get the points from a field goal at this distance rather then attempting to run a touchdown.
Safety: A safety is worth two points and is scored when an offensive player is tackled with the ball inside his own end zone.
CFL vs. NFL: In the CFL, a single point can be awarded for missed field goal attempts and punts that land in the end zone. No single point is awarded in the NFL.

2) Differences – CFL and NFL Play

FL vs NFL
Longer, Wider, Faster!
If you want to win at football or at any sport, you have to get the best football odds or the best odds for your sport.
Try sports betting at Titan Bet - the finest Internet sportsbooks.

3) Comparing Canadian and American Rules:

An overview for fans with some previous knowledge of either system

Field Size
Canadian
110 yd long,
plus two 20 yd end zones.
Width is 65 yards.   American  
100 yd long,
plus two 10 yd end zones.
Width is 53.5 yards.

Origins
Historians agree that the first recorded instance of a game resembling the modern versions of North American football was played between a Canadian and an American university in the mid-1800s using an ad hoc mixture of mostly rugby but some soccer rules. Canada's McGill University, (from Montreal, Quebec) played against Harvard University (from Massachusetts, USA).

Over the approximately 130 years since then, Canadian and American football rules have evolved from that very rugby-like game to encompass many similar (yet many strikingly different) approaches to the game of football. Canadian football remained a bit closer to rugby with its large field, points structure for kicks, and rounder ball. American football went to a smaller field as a result of limitations of space at Yale University, and reduced kicking tries to the status of dead ball (either I score or I don't) plays. The scoring system of Canadian football is more complex than the American system.

Some of today's CFL teams (the Hamilton Tiger Cats and the Toronto Argonauts) trace their origins directly back to 1868.

Rules & Regulations: The Major Differences
The following is a comparison of professional level football between the Canadian and American varieties, but is also applicable to university and amateur levels in most ways.
Canadian:
American:
12 players on the field during a play.   
11 players on the field during a play.
Three downs to make 10 yards.
Four downs to make 10 yards.
6 points for a touchdown, 1 for a kicked convert, 2 for a passed or rushed convert, 3 for a field goal, 2 for a safety touch, 1 for a rouge.
A rouge (also called a single) is awarded to a kicking or punting team (Team A) if an opposing player (Team B):

(i) catches or recovers a punt or a missed field goal in his own end zone but is prevented by Team A from returning the ball back out onto the field of play, or

(ii) elects to drop to one knee while still in the end zone before having returned the ball to the field of play, or

(iii) elects to run with the ball from the end zone out of bounds rather than enter the field of play.

Thus, kicking and punting plays into an opponent's end zone are considered to be of much higher strategic value than in American football. The ball remains live until one of the above events is concluded, as well as if the Team B player successfully returns the ball out of his end zone onto the field of play.

6 points for a touchdown, 1 for a kicked convert, 2 for a run or pass convert, 3 for a field goal, 2 for a safety touch.
On a field goal attempt, the defending team may return a missed field goal to the kicking team's end zone for a Touchdown.
On a convert attempt after a touchdown, the defending team may return a missed kick convert to the kicking team's end zone for 1 point, or if the convert was a rush or pass play may return a fumble or interception for 2 points.

With a population of about 260 million, and with an enormous amateur and college football system of leagues and coaching, American teams have their choice of the cream of their best trained and most talented players. There are about 1,200 players under contract in the NFL. Some Canadians play in the NFL if they are of sufficient size.
Standard salaries of CFL players range from about $30,000 per year for rookies to about $250,000 for starting quarterbacks.
Salaries can reach into the millions of dollars per year for top NFL players.

Disturbing Behaviour
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 22-Dec-17 @ 08:31:48AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

what a psycho
Stay on topic

No, it isn't multiple posters ... it's just you. Clearly. Just because you say there are multiple posters (you've said same thing in three different posts), doesn't make it so. You are alone ... and probably lonely ... and off your meds. Or, in need of medication. Just stop. Do yourself, and everyone else on here, a favour by stepping away from the computer.
Nice try
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 23-Dec-17 @ 12:40:38AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

what a psycho
Stay on topic

No, it isn't multiple posters ... it's just you. Clearly. Just because you say there are multiple posters (you've said same thing in three different posts), doesn't make it so. You are alone ... and probably lonely ... and off your meds. Or, in need of medication. Just stop. Do yourself, and everyone else on here, a favour by stepping away from the computer.

Just because you say there's not multiple posters doesn't make it true.  You are not being honest and you know it.  And yes it is multiple posters.  It's only you who is complaining about the topic and attacking who ever disagrees with you, and acknowledges the article about FX football players.
GoAwayUnaBummer
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 23-Dec-17 @ 08:58:36PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

that just Ted Kaczynski is posting on the board. He assumes the stance of multiple posters but it is only him.
He had a rough childhood & pulled the heads off dolls. Known the have obsessions and never let them go.
ha ha
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 23-Dec-17 @ 10:37:48PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

He must be an X grad.  He could be the AD or Waterman oh wait those guys only have something to say when they are crying about other programs
LOL too right
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 24-Dec-17 @ 07:05:19AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

He must be an X grad.  He could be the AD or Waterman oh wait those guys only have something to say when they are crying about other programs

You've got that right. 
Backlash against victims
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 24-Dec-17 @ 07:13:13AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Some female athletes at St. Francis Xavier University have come up with a remarkable response to sex-assault charges against two members of the varsity football team.

Soccer players have launched a solidarity campaign with sexual assault survivors, quelling a potential backlash that experts say can arise in the wake of damning allegations against popular male athletes on university campuses.

Sarah Bruce, a second-year student on the X-Women soccer team, launched the campaign called We Stand Together to channel her anger and spark social change on the Antigonish, N.S., campus, she said.

As accounts of sexual assaults by powerful men surface around the world, the small-town university in Atlantic Canada is facing its own reckoning with allegations of sexual violence. The solidarity campaign appears to have helped stamp out the once ubiquitous victim-blaming tropes that emerge when accusations are levelled against powerful male students on university campuses.

"These students understand what's happening at St. F.X. is part of the much broader #MeToo movement," she said. "They understand that St. F.X. isn't immune from these larger conversations that we seem to be having as a society right now about sexual violence and permissiveness towards sexual violence and the structures of power that sustain sexual violence."

Late last month, police charged two defensive backs on the X-Men varsity football team with sexual assault.

The backlash against the victims is too often the case. Probably why some are against the article about their teams football players.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: