ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 24-Sep-18 @ 03:17:01PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Watch 2018 All Canada Bowl Live Sat. July 28 1pm BC time on www.vbnsports.com

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mount A Coaching Search  (Read 5038 times)
Hush!!
« on: Wed, 13-Dec-17 @ 10:39:56AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Does anyone have any information about how the search is going? It seems really quiet.
Report to moderator   Logged
Todd Up
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15-Dec-17 @ 10:43:58AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The silence can only mean two things:
1. Mount A does not have their shit together an don't really care about the football program (ie. job ad to come out some time in the new year).
2. The new coach is a former NFL coach who promises to bring in top talent from right across the continent (ie. announce the hiring in January and completely blow everyone's minds)

Take your pick.
mountieman
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 15-Dec-17 @ 10:55:39AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Kelly Jefferies
Quick on the Draw
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15-Dec-17 @ 01:07:09PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Kelly Jefferies

Wow that was quick but I'm glad to hear. Did it go out to competition or did they just reach out to him, I wonder?
I like it!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 12:33:20PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This is fantastic news! He is the best, in my mind, to lead them into the future.
doubtful
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 01:00:39PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Everything has been so close to the chest on this topic i have heard a few names but why would Jefferies go back to a worse situation than the one he left. Does not make much sense yes i know he still lives local but there is has been no recruiting so far this season and he has no quarterbacks left in the school.  Sounds to me like the Mounties might struggle a bit i hope Jefferies is the man for the job he did a great job before they turned the rains over to Brady.
West
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 02:20:48PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Farhan Lalji is a leading candidate, apparently.
BC
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19-Dec-17 @ 03:43:52PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Farhan Lalji is a leading candidate, apparently.

Not sure if this is for real.  Doesn't Farhan live in BC and work for TSN?  He'd have to give up his TSN job and move his family all the way across the country....would likely take a pay cut too.

Would he run the wing-t offense at Mount A?

Who Is That
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 04-Jan-18 @ 01:00:14PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Kelly Jefferies

Considering you don't even know how to spell his name, I doubt that there is any validity to this claim. With the job ad just being released a week ago, and no recruits announced as of yet, I would expect this to be a down year for the Mounties. Then again, you never know what they have cooking in Sackville. Maybe they do have their coach and maybe they have so top recruits ready to announce and maybe they will rip through the AUS this season.
Rumour mill
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 04-Jan-18 @ 01:54:38PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Rumour has it KJ turned the job down he is not interested as it would seem something is going on at MT A.  Brady must have left this program in a bit of a mess, No HC , No DC , No Qb and a few graduating players does not look good for the new HC especially when there is no closing date on the job posting.  Until we find the right candidate definitely does not sound like it will be done internally. Best of luck to Mt A just 4 years ago they were back to back AUS champions.  #mountiepride
Farmhand
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04-Jan-18 @ 05:20:52PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Where is Glen Mills when you need him? Would be nice change of scenarie and with time he could screwed up Team New Brunswick as well.
Just Rumours
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 05-Jan-18 @ 09:14:25AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Where is Glen Mills when you need him? Would be nice change of scenarie and with time he could screwed up Team New Brunswick as well.

Could be just rumours but apparently a prominent Quebec alumni might be interested in the job (with a former CFL teammate). He has a very successful career in financial advisement and owns a couple Assante Wealth Management firms in the Greater Montreal Area.
mountie pride
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 10-Jan-18 @ 11:36:53AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any news on the coaching or hiring process ?  Is anyone recruiting currently we are the only team with no kids signed in the entire country.  We are missing out on some very valuable recruits right now Brady left in Nov. we should have some idea by now.
Simply Not True
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 10-Jan-18 @ 01:56:57PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

we are the only team with no kids signed in the entire country. 

This is simply not true. Queens also does not have any recruits announced and they're one of the top teams in ... ummm... Kingston. Don't worry about it. Don't place too much emphasis on recruiting - it really isn't that important in the overall success of the team. Highly overated.
#5, really?
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 11-Jan-18 @ 10:46:02PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

That would be interesting if Eric LaPointe did take the job....but why would he leave his job as he is doing quite well.

Could be just rumours but apparently a prominent Quebec alumni might be interested in the job (with a former CFL teammate). He has a very successful career in financial advisement and owns a couple Assante Wealth Management firms in the Greater Montreal Area.
Redonkulous
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 12-Jan-18 @ 08:25:54AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

That would be interesting if Eric LaPointe did take the job....but why would he leave his job as he is doing quite well.

Too funny. There is no way that Lapointe would take a coaching role in Sackville, NB. He supports the team any way he can but I'm fairly certain that coaching at his alma mater is the furthest thing from his mind. Mount Allison will do what they did last time ... fill the role internally or make a local hire of a guy that nobody has really heard of outside the Maritimes. He will be able to recruit in NS and NB, pick up a handful in Ontario, and throw a few from out west into the mix. There will be no major expectations from this hire other than to remain somewhat competitive in the AUS, and eventually, the program will be relegated to the Atlantic Football League.

Or maybe, just maybe, Mount Allison have made a 180 and this hire is going to be the start of something special. Stay tuned .... 
Ok. Now ...
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 17-Jan-18 @ 08:43:39AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

we are the only team with no kids signed in the entire country. 

This is simply not true. Queens also does not have any recruits announced and they're one of the top teams in ... ummm... Kingston. Don't worry about it. Don't place too much emphasis on recruiting - it really isn't that important in the overall success of the team. Highly overated.

Ok. NOW Mount Allison is the only team to not have a recruit announced. Queens just announced their first.
Simmer down
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 17-Jan-18 @ 02:30:52PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Coach Brady took care of the announcing. Just because they aren't announcing doesn't mean they aren't recruiting or signing. Relax
Simmering
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17-Jan-18 @ 03:06:56PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Coach Brady took care of the announcing. Just because they aren't announcing doesn't mean they aren't recruiting or signing. Relax

Brady used to announce recruits on social media, you're right. I'm not sure where the other website gets its information though. I'm less concerned about the announcements as I am about the quality of recruits considering the fact that there is no coach in place. One would think that the coach (and his reputation) would be a selling feature. I wonder if the signings are just local kids who would have been going to Mount Allison regardless of who was leading the charge. If they, in fact, have some big recrutis signed, it might be a good idea to announce them as it might incent some other kids to choose Mount Allison.
Maybe, But
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 22-Jan-18 @ 09:15:12AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If they, in fact, have some big recrutis signed, it might be a good idea to announce them as it might incent some other kids to choose Mount Allison.

Yes, if the recruits were sought after then it might be a good idea. But, if they're just local kids and unknown across USports, it's probably not a good idea to announce them. It may be seen as a weakness rather than a strength.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: