ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 24-Sep-18 @ 03:15:51PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Response Form All Canada Bowl www.goo.gl/57g9aN for 2019 Grades 9/10 & 11/12

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: game one eval  (Read 3153 times)
Colziefan
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 22-Sep-17 @ 07:21:28AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

AFL is equivalent to the BC division of CJFL, not quite on parr with the ontario or prairie conferences, not on parr with the top CEGEP teams either. IMHO
There is talent developed in this league that can make the jump to AUS ball, as has been shown every year.
Report to moderator   Logged
Axeman
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21-Oct-17 @ 11:32:50PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Mount A tramples Acadia. SMU held Acadia to 40 yars of offense or so in first half of pre season. Acadia is in trouble.

St FX picked apart by SMU secondary.

Where does Bishops fit in ? Best guess at ranking right now is

Mount A
SMU
Bishops
St FX
Acadia

You're a clown! Mt A beat Acadia in week 1 because Acadia's QB wasn't ready. He'll be ready next time they play! Axemen have now handled both BU & St. FX in successive weeks...SMU will find out how it feels Friday night. Oh...that 40 yards of offence you speak of was with backup QB's, and I believe the score was 17-3 Axemen at the half. Correct rankings look like this:

1. Acadia
2. Mt A
3. SMU
4. St. FX
5. Bishops

I hate to say I told you so...but I TOLD YOU SO!!!
Atlantic FBL
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 24-Jan-18 @ 08:03:45AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

3DownDaddy - Holland College lost in the AFL final to Dalhousie U last year.  Dal went undefeated with an incredible defence and a talented defensive coordinator.  I think Dal will go undefeated again this year.

I understand that but Holland won 3 straight up until last yr and Dal will probably be undefeated again this yr.  They could be like Holland and have 3 championship yrs in a row, seems like that might be the way of the league given there are only 4 teams

Hey 3DownDaddy, fill us Westerners(to you) in on this Atlantic Football League please. What level is it, is it in the CGEP Division 2 vein, where players go from there to AUS schools, How many players on a roster? Any scholarship $$?  Perhaps a place where not the "elite physical specimens" but good to really good but players may be able to go play after HS? Etc Etc.

I have a couple of kids who are only 5'9" to 5'11" but are tough as nails, big hitters,  and read and react LB's who won't get a sniff due to their size at University here, would that kind of player  be competitive in that league?  Thanks.
Not Awful
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 24-Jan-18 @ 09:03:11AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

3DownDaddy - Holland College lost in the AFL final to Dalhousie U last year.  Dal went undefeated with an incredible defence and a talented defensive coordinator.  I think Dal will go undefeated again this year.

I understand that but Holland won 3 straight up until last yr and Dal will probably be undefeated again this yr.  They could be like Holland and have 3 championship yrs in a row, seems like that might be the way of the league given there are only 4 teams

Hey 3DownDaddy, fill us Westerners(to you) in on this Atlantic Football League please. What level is it, is it in the CGEP Division 2 vein, where players go from there to AUS schools, How many players on a roster? Any scholarship $$?  Perhaps a place where not the "elite physical specimens" but good to really good but players may be able to go play after HS? Etc Etc.

I have a couple of kids who are only 5'9" to 5'11" but are tough as nails, big hitters,  and read and react LB's who won't get a sniff due to their size at University here, would that kind of player  be competitive in that league?  Thanks.

Honestly I aven't watched a game of AFL ball but I have friends whose kids have played out there (Dalhousie) and they have told me that it is not as good as AUS ball, but that they could probably compete with the lower 3-4 teams in the OUA. There are kids who go on to play in USports though and I know AUS teams have found some diamonds in the rough who turned out quite well. STFX seems to have had some success with kids from Holland College.
football viewer
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 24-Jan-18 @ 09:10:01AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

AFL schools would NOT compete with the lower 3-4 in OUA, nor would they compete with teams in the AUS. It is, generically, one step above club teams. They would be competitive against eastern CJ teams, and you might even see top CJ teams being competitive against them.
Seen it, and No
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 24-Jan-18 @ 09:36:48AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

AFL football is not very good. They would not compete with BC Jr football at all. The guy who said they could compete with OUA bottom half is completely oblivious to OUA football and CIS football based on that comment. They get kids that can't make AUS rosters and play ball like a club team. Dalhousie and Holland have been the best teams but neither one ever has any OL/DL guys except when Holland gets some Bahama kids. Dal has a few guys that can coach and I heard they are even recruiting now, even though they cannot give out scholarships. The AFL is fun for kids who want to play more football but these teams would get crushed by the top 10 Ontario, Alberta, BC HS teams. And the tier 1 CEGEP teams would beat them by 50 points. 5-6 years ago Dal played the redshirts from Acadia i think and got beat by 40.
AFL is a great recreational league but that's it.
Wait, wasn't this thread about game one eval?
Atlantic FBL
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 24-Jan-18 @ 10:01:56AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thank you everyone for their responses so far, it is a great help. I did look at their Team websites(AFL), and it seems there are around 250 players enjoying post HS football, so good on them.

I will pass along the information, as another possibility for these type players, who make up a fair chunk of our Smaller sized HS's and Summer Ball programs, who are not naturally gifted, and add it to the CJFL, NFC, CEGEP Div.2,  info we give out. The gifted ones usually have some interest, so just trying to get as many kids to continue the sport after HS.

Thanks again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: