ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Tue, 26-Mar-19 @ 04:02:58AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The 2019 All Canada Bowl will be for Two Age Groups JR Stars Grad 2022/2023 ( Gr 8 - 10 ) & SR Stars 2020/2021 ( Gr 11/12 1st. yr Cegep in QC ) Fill Out  & Submit Response Form https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: game one eval  (Read 3665 times)
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 08:26:19AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

And judging from your post you have nothing of relevance to add your becoming like some other "guest" posters I was hoping for better from you Smiley but I cheer for different player from different cities because I want to see them play if you must know.  I also support players from Carlton, Bishops, and Toronto.
Report to moderator   Logged
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 08:28:46AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

And he's from Cornwall, so judging by your posts Cornwall players should all be playing and are all better.

Plus I gave the team I think you have a hard on for the McMaster Marauders there due credit in my top 6 rankings.......I figured that would make you a little less abrasive towards me Smiley
C'mon Man
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 08:43:55AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How any team makes out against Bishop shouldn't be the litmus test to decide if a team is good or not,  Bishop unfortunately isnt good and sadly I think most if not all teams will beat them.  You are correct in sayin g loukes is the real deal, the kid for the last 2 seasons has shown how good he is and how good he can be is left to be seen he is head and shoulders the best QB in the AUS.  My rankings thru all games so far are  

1. SMU
2. MTA
2B. ACADIA
4. STFX
5. BISHOPS Sad

I hope to see better play from STFX tbh I think they are a good veteran team also the same with MTA, Loukes is a stud im a little surprised that Acadia is as goodd as they are but that is good because it makes for a more competitive league.

How can you put MTA ahead of X when the Xmen made them look like a high school team? If Loucks was the real deal, why did he only complete 50% of his passes for less than 180 yards? Saying that he is "head and shoulders" above the other QBs in the league is just a little crazy when the stats don't show it.

So as you can read I put the 2 and 2B meaning they are very close almost equal, and I can put them that way because that is what I think and again Loukes is the real deal because he has proven he is since last seasons as shown here with his ROY  award for the AUS plus his team awards and the fact that he's not just a passer and finally I can say he's the real deal again because that is my opinion but it seems to be shared by a few posters on here as well Smiley

You still didn't address the reasons why you have MTA ahead of X when it was X who embarrassed the Mounties a couple of weeks ago. Mount A didn't score a point against them. I think I could support your case if you at least provided some reason for this big time loss. Were there starters who didn't dress? Were players playing sick or injured? Did the coaches not properly prepare the kids for X? Did the players decide to take a week off? Give me something, man!! Wink
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 09:35:11AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ok lets try this then....Sat. August 26    Acadia    23    Mount Allison    64    Final So Mt.A stomped the Axemen
                                 Fri. September 1    Mount Allison    0    StFX    37    Final  So StFX stomped Mt.A
                                 Sat. September 9    Acadia    38    StFX    24    Final So Acadia stomps StFX

So Mt.A stomped the team that stomped StFX, its football it changes weekly, I put them there cause IMO I feel Mt.A is better then StFX right now in the end I could be wrong we will see its a hypothetical ranking made by a person (me) who is not an expert.

Also...........Mount Allison    2    1    1    0.500    Lost 1    64    60    
                 StFX            3    1      2      0.333        Lost 1    84    76

I hope that helps I guess we will have to wait till Oct. 9th to see whos better Smiley
Better man
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 09:36:14AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

And he's from Cornwall, so judging by your posts Cornwall players should all be playing and are all better.

From all the posts I have read from you over the years I would expect better from you 101. Although you never had any big love for Cornwall and its players you remained for the most part impartial. Maybe I am reading this wrong and you are merely talking about his analytics, in which case I 100% apologize
 Huh
football viewer
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 09:41:52AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

From all the posts I have read from you over the years I would expect better from you 101. Although you never had any big love for Cornwall and its players you remained for the most part impartial. Maybe I am reading this wrong and you are merely talking about his analytics, in which case I 100% apologize
 Huh

It was referencing the campaigning for various schools from another poster /\/\/\/\/\ shamelessly trashing players and pushing for players he knows to start above them. Nothing meant about Cornwall or Loucks.
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 01:08:18PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Shamelessly trashing?? really if by shamelessly trashing you mean calling a player bad when he plays bad then guilty, pushing for players and campaigning for schools thats really over doing it tbh but ok again I don't cheer for 1 team I cheer for players because I want to see them succeed if that is wrong then Idc i'll be wrong.

I even now am starting to watch the Atlantic Football League and Holland Hurricanes not because they won 3 straight championships but because I'm hoping to see 1 kid make the most out of his dream of playing football in college, just 1 KID scandalous I know but for me thats what irs all about    
« Last Edit: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 01:15:52PM by 3DOWNDADDY » Report to moderator   Logged
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 09:15:13PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What a double header tonite Smiley a AMAZING comeback from Bishops 31-30 2 OT and Acadia loses 17-10 to SMU, I have to say impressed by the fight in Bishop to comeback like they did gotta love Uni ball anything can happen.
I'll Play
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 16-Sep-17 @ 06:03:31AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ok, I'll play along. Here are my predictions:

SMU 37 Acadia 11
BU 18 MTA 6

Gotta say, I didn't think these games would be as close as they were. Kudos to MTA and Acadia for keeping these games interesting!
Easy Does It
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 18-Sep-17 @ 06:47:03AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What a double header tonite Smiley a AMAZING comeback from Bishops 31-30 2 OT and Acadia loses 17-10 to SMU, I have to say impressed by the fight in Bishop to comeback like they did gotta love Uni ball anything can happen.

While I'm pleased that the Gaiters pulled out the win and was impressed that they didn't fold, I'd have to say that it had little to do with skill or impressive play-calling on behalf of Bishops. They simply exposed a weak Mount Allison defence ... particularly the secondary. The Mounties are averaging 328 passing yards against per game - by far the worst in the AUS. Of course this is nothing new. I doubt you'd be able to find 2 years in the past 20 where Mount Allison HASN'T allowed the most passing yards per game in the AUS. Next weekend vs the Huskies will be very frightening as SMU is leading the AUS in passing yards by a hefty margin. The goal for the Mounties will be to try to keep this one from becoming an embarrassment in front of a their Homecoming crowd.
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 18-Sep-17 @ 10:04:01AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well I stand by my comment it was a GREAT comeback win for a Gaiters team that hasn't shown much so far and shouldn't be written off as just Mt.A has bad defense.  If that was the case then the Gaiters shouldn't of taken 2 OTs to expose there defense they should of just beaten them from the start instead of being down big time most of the game.  And in case people were wondering Holland College lost their first game in the AFL 30-7 sadly
And there he goes!
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 18-Sep-17 @ 06:22:15PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well I stand by my comment it was a GREAT comeback win for a Gaiters team that hasn't shown much so far and shouldn't be written off as just Mt.A has bad defense.  If that was the case then the Gaiters shouldn't of taken 2 OTs to expose there defense they should of just beaten them from the start instead of being down big time most of the game.  And in case people were wondering Holland College lost their first game in the AFL 30-7 sadly

From putting down the Bishops team, their offence, QB competency and questioning the coaches reasoning behind sticking with the QB1...and almost singing the praises of MtA to now flipping and going the other way. Football season and fishing season.
Holland College
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 19-Sep-17 @ 12:01:50AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

3DownDaddy - Holland College lost in the AFL final to Dalhousie U last year.  Dal went undefeated with an incredible defence and a talented defensive coordinator.  I think Dal will go undefeated again this year.
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 19-Sep-17 @ 06:41:21AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

From putting down the Bishops team, their offence, QB competency and questioning the coaches reasoning behind sticking with the QB1...and almost singing the praises of MtA to now flipping and going the other way. Football season and fishing season.

Here the "guest" goes again, if you can tell me that Bishops offense and team for that matter looked good in the previous 2 games then do it but it seems like you are fishing more then me.
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 19-Sep-17 @ 06:44:12AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

3DownDaddy - Holland College lost in the AFL final to Dalhousie U last year.  Dal went undefeated with an incredible defence and a talented defensive coordinator.  I think Dal will go undefeated again this year.

I understand that but Holland won 3 straight up until last yr and Dal will probably be undefeated again this yr.  They could be like Holland and have 3 championship yrs in a row, seems like that might be the way of the league given there are only 4 teams
It\'s Relative
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 19-Sep-17 @ 08:17:23AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here the "guest" goes again, if you can tell me that Bishops offense and team for that matter looked good in the previous 2 games then do it but it seems like you are fishing more then me.

It's all in the opponent. Of course Bishops' offence is going to look good against the weakest D in the conference. They win 2 games this year ... tops!
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 20-Sep-17 @ 12:34:58PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's all in the opponent. Of course Bishops' offence is going to look good against the weakest D in the conference. They win 2 games this year ... tops!

Considering its there first yr. in a new league (with lots of travel) I think thats a pretty good start tbh if Bishops can get 2 wins
3Downer
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 20-Sep-17 @ 02:11:56PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You have high hopes and big expectations eh  Grin
3DOWNDADDY
High School

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 20-Sep-17 @ 02:58:02PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Nah just like to see schools succeed especially the smaller ones (im always rooting for underdogs) Smiley
Question
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 21-Sep-17 @ 03:25:51PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Being from away, what level is the AFL, in comparison to the University teams in the area?  Is it like the CJFL in comparison to Ontario Universities?

Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: