ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Fri, 24-Nov-17 @ 04:21:12AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Predictions?  (Read 3739 times)
Head to Head
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 11-Sep-17 @ 09:58:47AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't understand why a team in one division does not play all the teams in that division, yet plays crossover division teams?

To me, it just makes sense to play every team in the division you are in before playing a team from the other division?
If two teams end up in first, (say undefeated C-boy and Stamps) how do you put one team ahead of the other? points?! that's a crap way to decide. it would be much easier if they played each other to see who should get first in the division.
IF I were the Stamps or the C-boy Grey , I would like to play the fourth place team in the division come playoff time and not the 3rd (potentially the Bulldogs who could easily upset one of these teams).

It should be decided head to head for first. and that means making each team play each other in the division . 
Report to moderator   Logged
agreed
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 11-Sep-17 @ 02:44:31PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't understand why a team in one division does not play all the teams in that division, yet plays crossover division teams?

To me, it just makes sense to play every team in the division you are in before playing a team from the other division?
If two teams end up in first, (say undefeated C-boy and Stamps) how do you put one team ahead of the other? points?! that's a crap way to decide. it would be much easier if they played each other to see who should get first in the division.
IF I were the Stamps or the C-boy Grey , I would like to play the fourth place team in the division come playoff time and not the 3rd (potentially the Bulldogs who could easily upset one of these teams).

It should be decided head to head for first. and that means making each team play each other in the division . 
I agree, the scheduling is a joke.
footballinyyc
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 11-Sep-17 @ 02:49:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I agree with Head to head and agreed, the only team match ups should be within its own division (tier)
BillB
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 12-Sep-17 @ 01:17:12AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any Head Coach or staff of a team that studies Hudl diligently and sees that a team runs a ball to the same player who is good but not great virtually all the time & then with weeks to prepare cannot come up with a defense to stop said player & force their opponent to do things they are NOT good at should turn in their coaching badge. Either that or their players are too bad to be playing. Put 8-9 men in the box ppl. 
Hence
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 12-Sep-17 @ 07:37:41AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any OC who gives the ball to a very good RB but not great over 15 times a game and then sees 8-9 players in the box. Continues to hand the ball to said player and has no plan B should just quit! Please go coach Atom football! Leave now or at least next year. Plzzzzz
refrence
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 12-Sep-17 @ 09:22:21AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Very off topic. Which team are you referring to?
2 ta tango
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 12-Sep-17 @ 10:28:10AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It takes 2

1. a Coach who is a student of the game. 1 who studies. looks where he can have success. changes and plans every week

#2. A coach who makes a plan in July. thinks he has it all figured out. the plan works for a few games and he thinks he is the next BillB. But then run into a coach #1. Realizes he has nothing else after the July play book. Everyone sees him flustered (other coaches, players, fans). COMICAL!

there is a reason why some coaches show up in the win column. and there is a reason why some associations falter each year! Not just in Bantam but from Atom to U Sports
#1 not
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 12-Sep-17 @ 08:32:03PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

They did this for a whole half game until the RB got hurt. My guess if the RB did not get hurt they would have ran the 4 plays the whole game!

It is obvious no one has worked with the QB on a proper 3 step drop ( he has a 10 step backpedal drop. Lol) . There is also something called shotgun. Look it up. Pass routes longer than 20 yards does not make sense if the QB is only accurate to 15 yards.

On the bright side. D is great

One more thing the antics on the sideline by the coaches. Childish at best
Too funny
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 12-Sep-17 @ 08:49:13PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

- how bout the 15 yard run ups by the SBs? Lol. 15 yards. He'll make it an even 20
- how bout the play action pass. A play action pass is suppose to draw in the LB and S. It would have worked other than the LBs were always blitzing and they never played a Safety. Lol

Some coaches really need to burn their playbook and whistle and go coach hopscotch. Lol

BTW. They ran the same running plays in the second half. But just too the back up RB. Lol
WillT
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 12-Sep-17 @ 09:55:57PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Running more than 3-4 plays gets exhausting, you have to practice and remember all of those...that could lead to such outright insanity as running 8-10 plays & that is hard to do to the same person  Undecided
waitwhat
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13-Sep-17 @ 09:29:00AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Its kind sad how you people are bashing a team that had 3 games in 8 days..

TommyG
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 15-Sep-17 @ 06:03:18PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What happened to the Div 2 Bears and Seahawks and the Div 2 team called Falcons even though they were formed from other clubs?

THIS SATURDAYS GAMES

Look, the Cowboys fixed it so their game was not at 9 am so they could sleep in.  Cheesy

9:00am   Raiders   vs.   Stampeders   HELLARD
11:00am   Lions   vs.   Colts   HELLARD
1:00pm   Mavericks   vs.   Eagles   HELLARD
3:00pm   Hilltoppers   vs.   Bulldogs   HELLARD
3:00pm   Rebels   vs.   Wildcats   ENCANA
4:00pm   Cowboys Grey   vs.   Cowboys Navy   S8

1st&goal
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 16-Sep-17 @ 03:28:59PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Given the fact the original schedule had both playing at 9 am and they moved it to the late game. Iit was supposed to be a bye week for the stampeders (which they won't get one now).

Ronlogan
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 16-Sep-17 @ 09:07:34PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

They don't really play anyone all year, why do they need a bye week? They could beat the raiders, and eagles with there back ups
Davelogan
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 16-Sep-17 @ 09:12:16PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The Seahawks and Falcons could not get enough players so they both folded. The bears now play all div 1 teams, they played the Mavs and lost 61-0. A great job the association has done with the "B" division.
Huh go figure
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 16-Sep-17 @ 10:27:22PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Huh go figure that's weird. You get cut from a team that includes your classmates. You now need to travel further away from your house to play on a team you barely know anyone. Sometimes your second rate team gets their arse kicked by a Div A team. Meanwhile your school buddies get to needle you about being cut and playing on some B team. Meanwhile mom and dad are tired of the crap late night week games and extra travel time to practice takes its toll

Maybe football was different back in the 1960s when the board played. this scenario sounds so appetizing to any 2017 14 yr old kid

I'm just scratching my head on this one. Minus well keep throwing those 2 Cboys team in while I'm at it.

Thank G people think things through

👍😜
Shinzano
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 17-Sep-17 @ 01:55:00AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

No one of any age wants to get cut and play for the "B" team and yes, kids will bug them which is not "bullying", it is being a kid
Developmental teams work in soccer and hockey, Tier/Division 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. but the numbers of players are in the thousands - the thousands, not the dozens...like football
Football is not that popular of a participation sport in Calgary, 90% of the Trudeau immigrants have no idea what it is or only know it is dangerous and if their kid's brain is bouncing off the inside of his head it hurts studying (so they think anyway) 
If a kid cannot make a Bantam team go to a High School not serious about football and you will likely make the team, many players get some high school games in and get the jacket just by doing that, it's not good football but nothing is perfect
The Board will say "we tried" and go back to the way it always is
1st&goal
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 17-Sep-17 @ 11:54:59AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

They don't really play anyone all year, why do they need a bye week? They could beat the raiders, and eagles with there back ups

If you claim they don't play anyone all year, why did the league go and change the schedule to give the stampedes a challenge and let them play the Cowboys grey
Waitwhat
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 17-Sep-17 @ 11:57:48AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Huh go figure that's weird. You get cut from a team that includes your classmates. You now need to travel further away from your house to play on a team you barely know anyone. Sometimes your second rate team gets their arse kicked by a Div A team. Meanwhile your school buddies get to needle you about being cut and playing on some B team. Meanwhile mom and dad are tired of the crap late night week games and extra travel time to practice takes its toll

Maybe football was different back in the 1960s when the board played. this scenario sounds so appetizing to any 2017 14 yr old kid

I'm just scratching my head on this one. Minus well keep throwing those 2 Cboys team in while I'm at it.

Thank G people think things through

👍😜
Spot on.
The board is a joke.
Ronlogan
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 17-Sep-17 @ 12:33:40PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If you claim they don't play anyone all year, why did the league go and change the schedule to give the stampedes a challenge and let them play the Cowboys grey
Ask coop!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: