ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Sun, 15-Jul-18 @ 09:47:04PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Response Form All Canada Bowl www.goo.gl/57g9aN July 28 in Chilliwack,BC

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Recruting in Sackville  (Read 3883 times)
Sudbury.
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 30-Jun-17 @ 08:22:37AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You will be getting one fine Middle Linebacker from Sudbury this year.  I don't know his name, #31 this year, but is a magnificent reader of plays, tackler, and team leader. I have had the honour of reffing him several times over the last few years, in several games home and away, and he is one of the top two LB's I have seen doing games in all 3 Leagues this year and last.

Never ending motor, and hits/tackles ferociously but cleanly. Will be a solid addition to your program,
Report to moderator   Logged
Plus
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 05-Jul-17 @ 01:06:35PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

They also a really good Lb transferring from Concordia coming this fall. Things are looking really good for Mount A.
Pride
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 28-Jul-17 @ 07:56:46AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Recruiting has been somewhat low key (as it usually is in all AUS programs). Recruits generally paint a picture of the future. Most rookies need a year of more before breaking the starting roster and making an impact on the field (majority). Mount A seems to have recruited a good blend of players so let's see what they can do this year. The Mounties have a good bunch of returning players that includes a few QBs and many skilled positions. I expect them to change up their traditional O schemes and go with more plays that compliment the strengths of the O. I think that Mary's will be something to contend with this year. They have brought in a bunch of players last year and this year with only 1 or 2 seasons left of eligibility but that means they have experience at this level or NCAA. That is something to work with. (But the future looks dim with big turnover) Fx will be interesting. Always a great team but this year they will have to deal with not having Cook at QB. This will change up the gameplan dramatically. Fx was the only team that constantly and consistently passed the ball. It will be hard to get back to that record breaking pass game. They have a great coach and I expect him to come up with a new plan that will work. I haven't heard much out of Acadia and know little of the new kid on the block - Bishops. It will be interesting for the players to play 2 games this season before all the students get back to school. Some stands will be a little empty but the great people of Sackville will be out in full force to cheer on their boys in garnet and gold.
LOLLLL
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 28-Jul-17 @ 09:39:38AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You will be getting one fine Middle Linebacker from Sudbury this year.  I don't know his name, #31 this year, but is a magnificent reader of plays, tackler, and team leader. I have had the honour of reffing him several times over the last few years, in several games home and away, and he is one of the top two LB's I have seen doing games in all 3 Leagues this year and last.

Never ending motor, and hits/tackles ferociously but cleanly. Will be a solid addition to your program,

LOL gotta love when kids shout themselves out! It is known that you use this site as you've claimed posts under your own name. Quit promoting yourself it's not flattering at all. Besides, now that you're in university it doesn't matter what you've done in the past. Give it up, I've played against you, you're not that good.
Says the guy
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 28-Jul-17 @ 10:33:12AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Wow...says the kid who is likely NOT playing football at the next level. You shouldn't be worried so much about other kids posting on here and worry about yourself. Sackville will be happy to have him I'm sure.
Crazyu
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 28-Jul-17 @ 01:07:44PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I would not have commented on his skill if I was not more skilled myself, I have been and will be playing football at the next level. But still don't come on here and attempt to boost my own ego by role playing as a ref. Get over yourself, because if you don't you're in for a rude awakening, even in the weak AUS.
Mr Lucky
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 28-Jul-17 @ 05:18:36PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I would not have commented on his skill if I was not more skilled myself, I have been and will be playing football at the next level. But still don't come on here and attempt to boost my own ego by role playing as a ref. Get over yourself, because if you don't you're in for a rude awakening, even in the weak AUS.

Hahaha, good luck not dressing your first year, probably the second year and then maybe getting some playtime year 3 and 4 in the OUA little buddy. You definitely have the attitude and the mentality for it  Tongue
Update
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 21-Aug-17 @ 06:59:03AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How did the scrimmage go ? any new players that stood out?
Interesting year
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 21-Aug-17 @ 07:41:17AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Recruiting has been somewhat low key (as it usually is in all AUS programs). Recruits generally paint a picture of the future. Most rookies need a year of more before breaking the starting roster and making an impact on the field (majority). Mount A seems to have recruited a good blend of players so let's see what they can do this year. The Mounties have a good bunch of returning players that includes a few QBs and many skilled positions. I expect them to change up their traditional O schemes and go with more plays that compliment the strengths of the O. I think that Mary's will be something to contend with this year. They have brought in a bunch of players last year and this year with only 1 or 2 seasons left of eligibility but that means they have experience at this level or NCAA. That is something to work with. (But the future looks dim with big turnover) Fx will be interesting. Always a great team but this year they will have to deal with not having Cook at QB. This will change up the gameplan dramatically. Fx was the only team that constantly and consistently passed the ball. It will be hard to get back to that record breaking pass game. They have a great coach and I expect him to come up with a new plan that will work. I haven't heard much out of Acadia and know little of the new kid on the block - Bishops. It will be interesting for the players to play 2 games this season before all the students get back to school. Some stands will be a little empty but the great people of Sackville will be out in full force to cheer on their boys in garnet and gold.

Great post. Pretty accurate assessment and it will be interesting to see how Bishops does,  As for the future of these teams, great recruiting/coaching can turn things around for them and help speed up the adjustment period and fill in the gaps with players leaving /turnover.  Here's to a great year,
Eastern tides
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 29-Aug-17 @ 05:30:19AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

After getting a peek at 4 of 5 AUS teams I can honestly say that this season will be interesting. I think that the previous power house Fx will need a year to rebound from losing a starting QB. Watch for their strong pass rush game and ability to lay out QBs before, during and after the play without flags. They win more games if they inflict QB injuries.
Acadia is a bit of a dark horse I think. They didn't show their true self game one, with a lot more skilled potential yet to come out. They will win a few.
SMU is a contender this year. With yet another NCAA product (but yes-Canadian) on the team Colzie has shown he can and will tap into the US market to get good players. I dare say they have the highest quote of US players/US trained players in the AUS. Scott seems legitimate. Throws bullets and runs very well. This mix and match style will suit him well and win many games.
Mount A, their first game dropped the hammer. QB Loucks in his 2nd year (he was US trained but only high school) showed fans why he was voted the Gorman ROY last year. Big changes in play calling this first game, slinging the rock hard with 402 in the air, and a high amount of rushing on his own and from his RB core of greats. A bunch of new hands to throw to, great RBs, great Oline, and some sweet D this team gives the impression of having all the tools in the box necessary to win lots of games and get to the Loney.
I will save my thoughts on Bishops because I just don't know enough yet. I expect them to be a great team, well coached and will need to get use to the AUS. A big challenge will be to get use to the AUS officiating. Everyone thinks their officials are bad until they watch or play an AUS game. But at least it is consistent. They seem to be bad every game. The RSEQ didn't have that issue.
AUS & NS Officiating
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 01-Sep-17 @ 09:15:03PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Never truer words spoken about Bishop's adjusting to officiating in the AUS.  Easily the worst officiating in the country.  Sadly, many of the officials see their role as evening games out as opposed to calling relevant penalties that impact the play directly.  It's a legitimate variable for Bishop's & will be interesting to see if the officials give Acadia some "home cooking" or not.
Amen Brother
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 01-Sep-17 @ 10:56:45PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Never truer words spoken about Bishop's adjusting to officiating in the AUS.  Easily the worst officiating in the country.  Sadly, many of the officials see their role as evening games out as opposed to calling relevant penalties that impact the play directly.  It's a legitimate variable for Bishop's & will be interesting to see if the officials give Acadia some "home cooking" or not.

I'll 3rd that! I don't think that Bishops will need to worry about the "home cooking" unless they are ahead in the game. The social club excuse they call AUS Officials seems to only try and do 2 things. Control the tempo and flow of the game (by making terrible calls against the team on top or missing calls that could benefit the team that's winning.) It's terrible when the AUS announcers are even bringing to light the bad and missed calls that the Officials are blundering. I think the President of the League needs to put pressure on whoever oversees these clowns and create some change. The AUS is already dumped on for numerous reasons, but to have it known as the Officiating joke of USports is unacceptable!
AUS Officiating Issues
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 02-Sep-17 @ 09:02:35PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's shocking how there are so few new officials being recruited and/or retained in NS.  These guys control scheduling in minor, high school & university football and are hell bent on raising their fees to increase their profits, while limiting entry of new officials.  They "say" they need more officials yet very few officials stay based on the clique that is currently in place. 
Definitely time for some new blood to (a) reign in the money mongering (b) enhance the competency (c) improve the pace, accuracy & viewing entertainment of football in the Maritimes.  Watching games on AUStv shows the officials huddling more often than the offences resulting in credible slow pace of play.  Change is required.
Ghost?
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 29-Sep-17 @ 07:43:03AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

They also a really good Lb transferring from Concordia coming this fall. Things are looking really good for Mount A.

Ok ....... where is he then? So is this "really good LB transferring from Concordia" not good enough to make the cut on the worst defence in the conference? Or did he not come afterall? There were a couple of transfers supposedly coming from York, too ... a RB and a LB.
Easy X Man
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 29-Sep-17 @ 07:58:25AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ok ....... where is he then? So is this "really good LB transferring from Concordia" not good enough to make the cut on the worst defence in the conference? Or did he not come afterall? There were a couple of transfers supposedly coming from York, too ... a RB and a LB.

Easy buddy! They know they have the worst D in the conference. Numbers don't lie. They did get a really good transfer from Con U but he is forced to sit out because of U Sports rules. He will be ready to roll next year, and I'm sure they will be recruiting some effective D players. Maybe start going down south in Mississippi & areas like that and pay up to get some US talent? Wouldn't be the first team in the AUS or U Sports to do it.
rules
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 29-Sep-17 @ 08:37:44AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Man - Do you know how transfer rules work ? The man has to sit one year
Ghost
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 29-Sep-17 @ 12:59:17PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I was under the impression that these guys didn't play last year. Are you sure they did? I understood that they would be eligible in the 2017 season. Could be wrong.
Just Checking
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 29-Sep-17 @ 01:15:08PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Man - Do you know how transfer rules work ? The man has to sit one year

Drue Moore was not listed on the Stingers 2016 Team Roster (was listed on 2015 roster). Jonathan Howard (listed on 2014 roster but not 2015 or 2016) and Tyler Paul (recruited in 2016 but not listed on 2016 roster) are the other two guys you're talking about. To be honest, I am not sure how the eligibility rules work - I'm just throwing that out there. Perhaps you can explain?
Rules
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 29-Sep-17 @ 01:34:22PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The rule states that they must be enrolled for 6 courses and pass to be ruled eligible for the next season, if these players were out of university then they would have to take their six courses this year and sit and will be eligible to play next year as long as the pass their chosen courses.
It's Getting Clearer
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 29-Sep-17 @ 02:28:56PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The rule states that they must be enrolled for 6 courses and pass to be ruled eligible for the next season, if these players were out of university then they would have to take their six courses this year and sit and will be eligible to play next year as long as the pass their chosen courses.

Ok, this makes sense. So a kid who takes a year off to play Junior ball, and who isn't taking any university courses, is not eligible to play University ball the following season?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: