ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Tue, 26-Mar-19 @ 04:02:41AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The 2019 All Canada Bowl will be for Two Age Groups JR Stars Grad 2022/2023 ( Gr 8 - 10 ) & SR Stars 2020/2021 ( Gr 11/12 1st. yr Cegep in QC ) Fill Out  & Submit Response Form https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Recruting in Sackville  (Read 4568 times)
Mountie Follower
« on: Thu, 16-Mar-17 @ 09:00:36AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Does anybody know anything about the recruiting efforts in Sackville? According to the other site, there have been no verbals or signings for a month. Any information would be welcomed ... getting a little nervous, that's all. Huh Embarrassed
Report to moderator   Logged
Life's good
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17-Mar-17 @ 05:39:28AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Don't be nervous, life is good in Sackville. Yes the recruiting has slowed down of late but they had a good run of them and there will be some more. A solid returning crew, mixed with a few 5th year returns, and the talent they did sign and it's a strong bunch. One thing they need not worry about is having a solid choice under Center. Adding & improving the WR core and tweaking D to cover the pass I'm sure will be priority. You can also bet that they will be looking at play calling improvements. Recruits are the future but rarely have an impact or play year one. Louks was an exception. It shows rookies that it is possible but you need to prove yourself every snap.
Boom 2
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18-Mar-17 @ 08:15:18PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

A local stud OL Top 100 and a crazy skilled ATH out of Ontario signed this weekend. Things are just great in Sackville.
Mountie Follower
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20-Mar-17 @ 02:11:33PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, that puts me a bit at ease. Nothing for a month and then two Top 100 kids in one day. Wonder what else Brady has up his sleeve?
Boom 2
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20-Mar-17 @ 02:50:31PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm not sure if the Ontario recruit is in the Top 100 but I seen a little of his film and he looks like he will fit in fine.
Mountie Follower
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21-Mar-17 @ 06:56:16AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm not sure if the Ontario recruit is in the Top 100 but I seen a little of his film and he looks like he will fit in fine.

The other site has Malcolm Miller listed as a Top 100. And, yes, he is a playmaker.
off topic
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22-Mar-17 @ 12:22:18PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Off topic - where is Kelly Jeffrey going?  He's no longer with the Argos but just curious where he gone?
With open arms
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22-Mar-17 @ 01:30:38PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Off topic - where is Kelly Jeffrey going?  He's no longer with the Argos but just curious where he gone?

He would be welcomed back at Mt A with open arms (not as HC though, I don't think that would be fair at all). It will be hard for any U Sport school to offer a salary close to the CFL but he is part of the Mountie family. He was a great HC, and it would be fantastic to have him as QB coach.
Makes sense
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22-Mar-17 @ 03:15:05PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

He would be welcomed back at Mt A with open arms (not as HC though, I don't think that would be fair at all). It will be hard for any U Sport school to offer a salary close to the CFL but he is part of the Mountie family. He was a great HC, and it would be fantastic to have him as QB coach.

Yes please make him a position coach only, we would all appreciate it if you do not ever let him be HC again, for as you say it would not be fair.

Signed, the other AUS football programs.
Argo ST coach to UG
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22-Mar-17 @ 07:12:30PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

PG said on his blog Guelph is making a big addition to their coaching staff. Announcement in a couple weeks.
Shannon sharpe
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22-Mar-17 @ 07:26:24PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Haha maybe Guelph can go get Gruene answer Cower while they are at it. It's like an All Star team of coaches. Always grasping at straws those guys.
Clarification please
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22-Mar-17 @ 07:38:23PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What the heck does this mean?

get Gruene answer Cower
Say it ain't so
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22-Mar-17 @ 08:02:55PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

PG said on his blog Guelph is making a big addition to their coaching staff. Announcement in a couple weeks.

Please say it ain't so!! That would be a terrible way to taint a great coach. PG would make a mess out of him.
Mountie Follower
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 23-Mar-17 @ 06:26:22AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Please, Coach … anywhere but Guelph.

Would love to see him back in Bagtown, but I just can't see a scenario that would draw him back other than as Head Coach. And I'm pretty sure Brady isn't going anywhere.
Wasssup
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01-May-17 @ 12:01:06PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So are the Mounties done recruiting for now, I seen there scrimmage and they seem to need some more help at DE and MLB as well as depth at QB, will there be anymore brought in before the season starts.?
Expedition
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01-May-17 @ 05:32:42PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So are the Mounties done recruiting for now, I seen there scrimmage and they seem to need some more help at DE and MLB as well as depth at QB, will there be anymore brought in before the season starts.?

Sounds like someone is trolling. Don't judge a team by its spring game scrimmage. Not everyone plays in it. It is an inter squad scrimmage, and while you can't base a season on the incoming freshmen, none of those guys could participate because of the CIS rules. Only a select few teams in the OUA can break that rule, and the rule is different in the West.
More to come
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 02-Jun-17 @ 12:21:42PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

They just signed another LB and I'm sure more help is on the way.
Life's good
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 16-Jun-17 @ 11:59:59AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Interesting development with a couple AUS teams and 1 OUA team. Mt.A and Fx will be playing an exhibition against each other and Guelph. Won't be full games but makes for some pretty exciting exhibition play. Aug 19th at Fx.  Mountie Pride
Official Announcement
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 19-Jun-17 @ 08:27:10AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think Mount Allison has quite a few kids recruited/transferred that are not on the other sites list. Wonder when the will make their official announcement of this year's group? Anyone out there in Mountieland with information on this?
Update ?
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 30-Jun-17 @ 08:02:50AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any news from Sackville?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: