ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 24-Sep-18 @ 03:16:28PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Response Form All Canada Bowl www.goo.gl/57g9aN for 2019 Grades 9/10 & 11/12

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Coaching changes in AUS  (Read 2205 times)
ausfbfan
« on: Mon, 16-Jan-17 @ 02:48:12PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just read in another thread that Luigi Costanza has left Acadia and appeared
at Ottawa U. Is there any truth to this ? That would leave Acadia with a big hole.

Also wondering on any names for the open OC position with St.FX. Anyone heard anything. Coach Snyder did a very good job and will be hard to replace..

Any changes with SMU or Mount A? Both need help offensively but have not heard of any changes.
Bishops ?? any word on new staff there? I know Cherif Nicholas is new head coach, Great guy, very successful Cegep coach but know their OC is now at Sherbrooke..
Report to moderator   Logged
Bishop's new OC
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06-Feb-17 @ 03:59:54PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Bishop's just hired Pat Boies as their new OC.  He has an impressive track record with CEGEP championships and coaching Team Quebec in the Canada Cup as well as Team Canada.  Most recently he was the OC at Champlain College who always have an explosive offence.

Haven't heard anything about Acadia candidates or St FX candidates.  A good High School coach who lives in the Wolfville area like Steve Melanson might make sense as Acadia's Dline coach and I think he will have two sons playing for Acadia this year as well. Another good local coach would be Steve Majory, as he would be able to help out any program
Valley Haze
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08-Feb-17 @ 08:12:47PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hole at Acadia with Costanza leaving? They were 25th in the country in almost every offensive category.
Anything/anyone would be better
Good Point
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09-Feb-17 @ 01:34:24PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hole at Acadia with Costanza leaving? They were 25th in the country in almost every offensive category.
Anything/anyone would be better

Good point! Acadia has become increasingly irrelevant even by AUS standards. As lovable as Coach Cummings is, there needs to be an overhaul of the coaching staff. Or, if coaching is not the issue, the Athletics Dept. and University as a whole needs to step up its game if they want to remain competitive in the AUS. I'm not sure what their football budget is or how it compares to the rest of the AUS, but it seems as if there isn't a whole lot of money going to football. Or maybe other universities in the AUS are learning to do more with less?
HockeyCentral
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09-Feb-17 @ 04:40:26PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If you know anything about the AUS you know its a hockey conference. Football is the little step brother there. UNB, SMU, StFX, Acadia are always in the top 10.
hoops
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 09-Feb-17 @ 09:14:28PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If you know anything about the AUS you know its a hockey conference. Football is the little step brother there. UNB, SMU, StFX, Acadia are always in the top 10.

You clearly don't know anything about the AUS oh brother there.  It's actually a hoops aka basketball conference.
Ok, ok
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 10-Feb-17 @ 08:10:24AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ok, Ok, you guys!! Everyone in the nation knows that the AUS has the best hoops and hockey programs in USports, we get it - but this is a football board ... and guess what? AUS is far from king on the gridiron.
football viewer
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 10-Feb-17 @ 09:14:03AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You clearly don't know anything about the AUS oh brother there.  It's actually a hoops aka basketball conference.

Basketball top 10

1. Carleton (15-0) / 470 pts (47) / (1) OUA
 2. UBC (17-1) / 423 / (2) CANWEST
 3. Ottawa (13-2) / 366 / (3) OUA
 4. Brock (12-4) / 318 / (4)  OUA
 5. Ryerson (15-1) / 284 / (5)  OUA
 6. Calgary (14-4) / 245 / (6) CANWEST
 7. Alberta (13-5) / 159 / (7) CANWEST
 8. McGill (9-3) / 153 / (Cool Q
 9. Saskatchewan (12-6) / 88 / (9) CANWEST
 10. Dalhousie (12-4) / 74 / (10)
views
CJFL Player

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 19-Feb-17 @ 04:38:32PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Warren Goldie was just announced as OC for St FX.
throwbackthursday
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 20-Feb-17 @ 01:19:54PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Maybe they can get Danny Brannigan back to X and Goldie can be a great OC again
aus onlooker
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 17-Apr-17 @ 09:49:09AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just saw Acadia is looking to hire a part time Defensive Line coach and a Special Teams Coordinator. Shouldn't that have been done earlier? Or is there reasons for waiting until now? I don't know Uni politics or regulations just seems to be late in the game.
And as mentioned above, Costanza is gone from Acadia, what about offensive coordinator position? You'd think that would be a bigger priority than DL/Special teams. They need to score points because they didn't last year.
anyone?
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 17-Apr-17 @ 12:10:54PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just saw Acadia is looking to hire a part time Defensive Line coach and a Special Teams Coordinator. Shouldn't that have been done earlier? Or is there reasons for waiting until now? I don't know Uni politics or regulations just seems to be late in the game.
And as mentioned above, Costanza is gone from Acadia, what about offensive coordinator position? You'd think that would be a bigger priority than DL/Special teams. They need to score points because they didn't last year.

who would actually consider these openings? Like is there anyone out there at all that would even want to work with Cummins?

Fishing
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 17-Apr-17 @ 02:57:12PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

who would actually consider these openings? Like is there anyone out there at all that would even want to work with Cummins?

Sounds like someone is doing a little Trolling. Highly doubtful you get anyone to bite on here. From what I can tell the AUS fans and family don't put much into that kind of post. I don't know Cummings but I understand he runs a tight ship, is a hard ass, but works hard for and with his players.
ha
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 17-Apr-17 @ 03:36:45PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I do know Cummings and he is one of the friendliest people I know.  Admittedly I have never worked for him, but I would find it very hard to believe that he isn't a great leader.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: