ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Tue, 26-Mar-19 @ 04:03:19AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to Play in the 2019 All Canada Bowl ? East Canada vs West Canada Open Link -Reply-Submit
https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Week 4 in the AUS  (Read 1612 times)
Week 4 AUS
« on: Wed, 28-Sep-16 @ 06:10:53AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's week 4. Post your thoughts and predictions here. Keep it to the AUS. There are plenty of exclusive other boards for the other leagues.
Report to moderator   Logged
My take on it
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28-Sep-16 @ 07:24:51AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's week 4. Post your thoughts and predictions here. Keep it to the AUS. There are plenty of exclusive other boards for the other leagues.

Acadia at Mount Allison - I'm taking Mount Allison in this one. Both teams are coming off demoralizing losses to national powerhouses, but I think the Mounties are due for a more complete showing. I think Ambursley will be back in the lineup which will give the offense an added weapon. I am unsure about WR Dakota Brush, however. He didn't dress against Laval last week and I haven't heard any status reports. Although he isn't lightning fast, Mount A needs him in the lineup to provide some sure hands and size.
Score: 35-27 Mounties

St. Mary's at STFX -  X wins this one pretty easily even though SMU are showing real signs of improvement. SMU are no longer the doormats of the AUS and it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the Loney Bowl with X this season. Cook should have another massive day through the air (despite throwing a few pics). Socholotiuk will balance out the offence with 100 yards or so on the ground. SMU QB, Berglund, will look good with Miller and Koch handling the bulk of the receptions.
Score: 37-22 STFX
Not surprising
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29-Sep-16 @ 06:06:38PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Lots of interest in the AUS, it seems.  Roll Eyes Grin
Not surpising
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29-Sep-16 @ 06:08:14PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The person who started the thread didn't even chime in ... that's how interesting it is.
Week 4 AUS
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 30-Sep-16 @ 07:41:51AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The person who started the thread didn't even chime in ... that's how interesting it is.

Sorry boys...I do have a job so I can't comment constantly on posts. Please excuse my absence. As for both of your comments, I am very very certain that neither one of you are from or associated with the AUS. People who are the best fans in the CIS.
The AUS may be treated like the 3 toe cousin of the CIS but we can live with that. AUS may not have the size of the majority or CIS schools, the money of most CIS schools, or the large division in which to play in. What it does have is family and loyalty.
After my son going through the recruitment process (and it was quite the process), visiting numerous schools and receiving offers from many schools across the CIS the one place that came out above the pack was in the AUS. He felt at home and he really likes the academics being offered. The football was good and it was/is a place for him to get a degree and play football. He signed and plays in the AUS.
One thing I have noticed on "this site" is not much chatter or posts about the AUS, the people involved don't really feel inclined to do so. I guess I just broke that rule eh. lol. If your intent was to troll I guess you could say you win. But that's ok. We in the AUS will still be playing, cheering, and loving the game.
So ...
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 30-Sep-16 @ 08:09:02AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So ... what are your picks and breakdown for the coming weekend?!?  Huh
Week 4 AUS
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30-Sep-16 @ 10:02:32AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Acadia-Mount A: Expect this to be the Mounties break out of the slump game. Homecoming, injury roster getting smaller, and more chemistry now that its game 4. I expect a great D performance as well. I don't think Acadia will overcome this away game and Homecoming hype crowd. 37-14 Mounties.

Fx-Saint Mary: Interesting one. I think Berglund is licking his lips and tasted victory and will be in high gear. It could be an aerial battle on both sides. Look for Brock to run a bunch too, just because he can. Cook is not a physical player so you know he will be the same old, hand off, toss, toss, long. If Mary's puts the rush on the QB he will make bad decisions. 44-29 Marys
So ...
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30-Sep-16 @ 11:26:07AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Acadia-Mount A: Expect this to be the Mounties break out of the slump game. Homecoming, injury roster getting smaller, and more chemistry now that its game 4. I expect a great D performance as well. I don't think Acadia will overcome this away game and Homecoming hype crowd. 37-14 Mounties.

Fx-Saint Mary: Interesting one. I think Berglund is licking his lips and tasted victory and will be in high gear. It could be an aerial battle on both sides. Look for Brock to run a bunch too, just because he can. Cook is not a physical player so you know he will be the same old, hand off, toss, toss, long. If Mary's puts the rush on the QB he will make bad decisions. 44-29 Marys

Interesting take on the X / St. Mary's game. I hope you're right ... I think. Unless it ends up that SMU and MTA are battling for a play-off spot with one another. I'm hearing that Acadia is battling a bunch of injuries on both sides of the ball so if MTA are to remain relevant this year, they really need to win this one. The bigger the better, too!!
Any College?
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 30-Sep-16 @ 05:36:24PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hey, does anyone out there, also follow the College League, there have been a few Ontario kids lately heading out to that league, but never seem to hear anything about it.

Thanks
parkland bandit
High School

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 30-Sep-16 @ 07:31:32PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Acadia wins and its big
SMU wins, FX is good but SMU is getting better week by week.
Unfortunately after the crossover week the AU is not ready for the big time at this point. 
Week 4 AUS
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02-Oct-16 @ 06:07:19AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Acadia wins and its big
SMU wins, FX is good but SMU is getting better week by week.
Unfortunately after the crossover week the AU is not ready for the big time at this point. 

I was off in me predictions but yours..... Grin haha
The real Axmen story
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02-Oct-16 @ 09:12:20AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

With all the excuses coming out of Acadia, no attention is being paid to the real problem. This team seams to have very poor team speed, and very few, if any, playmakers. This was supposed to be the year that they restocked with talented recruits. Are none of the rookies able to add something? This is tough to watch!
Soft
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 02-Oct-16 @ 01:43:36PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

With all the excuses coming out of Acadia, no attention is being paid to the real problem. This team seams to have very poor team speed, and very few, if any, playmakers. This was supposed to be the year that they restocked with talented recruits. Are none of the rookies able to add something? This is tough to watch!

Acadia is just a soft team and have been for the past 5 years or more. Injuries during games and practices and training are commonplace. Not sure if it's the type of kid they're recruiting or if it's the culture in Wolfville.  It seems like every other play, they have a guy down on the field requiring attention.
'A' for effort
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03-Oct-16 @ 09:50:05PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Acadia is just a soft team and have been for the past 5 years or more. Injuries during games and practices and training are commonplace. Not sure if it's the type of kid they're recruiting or if it's the culture in Wolfville.  It seems like every other play, they have a guy down on the field requiring attention.

I don't believe they're soft...those guys are working hard to be successful. They've been hamstrung with sub par play by the QB's, and when they do make a good play the pass gets dropped. I agree with the earlier post, they have zero in the way of playmakers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: