ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Fri, 14-Dec-18 @ 01:13:34PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to Play in the 2019 All Canada Bowl ? East Canada vs West Canada Open Link -Reply-Submit
https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: fire coach tufford  (Read 6534 times)
InTheLoop
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07-Oct-16 @ 07:03:20AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Unfortunately, Colzie didn't choose Tufford as his OC, the SMU AD did. Tufford made a deal with the AD after the season to guarantee a contract to him for the recruiting efforts that he was making. Colzie didn't land on Tufford, Tufford landed on him!
Report to moderator   Logged
AUS Guy
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 11-Oct-16 @ 01:31:05PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

SMU has had a nice season beating Mt A twice already.  SMU defence is much improved & the addition of Berglund at QB has been a tremendous uplift for Coach Tufford's offence.  Challenge will be if Berglund goes down as there is not much depth behind him that can effectively move this offence.  I am sure Coach Colzie will address this position in the off season to add another QB.

What has happened to Mt A?  Looked like a program ready to contend for several seasons, now seems to be struggling again.  Acadia is also in decline which is unfortunate.

St FX is on the rise and is clearly the team to beat out East.  I think Coach Colzie will have SMU competing for an AUS title very soon.  
Slow Roll
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 18-Oct-16 @ 12:38:29PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

SMU has had a nice season beating Mt A twice already.  SMU defence is much improved & the addition of Berglund at QB has been a tremendous uplift for Coach Tufford's offence.  Challenge will be if Berglund goes down as there is not much depth behind him that can effectively move this offence.  I am sure Coach Colzie will address this position in the off season to add another QB.

What has happened to Mt A?  Looked like a program ready to contend for several seasons, now seems to be struggling again.  Acadia is also in decline which is unfortunate.

St FX is on the rise and is clearly the team to beat out East.  I think Coach Colzie will have SMU competing for an AUS title very soon.  

Slow 'er down a bit.SMU has a great new coach and he is improving that team for sure. You have a new 24 year old QB and he's gifted. Don't worry so much about him going down, worry about his eligibility. next year and that's it? I'm sure the good old USA rule will be milked and give him more if he doesn't max out age wise first.
Mount A has been a shocker, but with the turnover at HC, QB and some more key positions and much new talent they have yet to gel. It will come. They are in good shape depth wise, and the QB they have seems to have brought a new dimension to the team. If he stays healthy for 4-5 years life will be good in Sackville.
Acadia - not much to say.
Fx - they are good, in first place, but they are being given too much credit. They will meet resistance soon. Next year they are in trouble at QB.
football viewer
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 18-Oct-16 @ 12:44:12PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Slow 'er down a bit.SMU has a great new coach and he is improving that team for sure. You have a new 24 year old QB and he's gifted. Don't worry so much about him going down, worry about his eligibility. next year and that's it? I'm sure the good old USA rule will be milked and give him more if he doesn't max out age wise first.
Mount A has been a shocker, but with the turnover at HC, QB and some more key positions and much new talent they have yet to gel. It will come. They are in good shape depth wise, and the QB they have seems to have brought a new dimension to the team. If he stays healthy for 4-5 years life will be good in Sackville.
Acadia - not much to say.
Fx - they are good, in first place, but they are being given too much credit. They will meet resistance soon. Next year they are in trouble at QB.

If he is 24, he is done according to CIS rules
noexcuse
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 22-Oct-16 @ 02:32:00PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why is the team so bad? This team is far worse than last year. Rebuilding? My assignment. There is a reason a lot of the kids are at SMU. The QB is terrible....pulled today finally. Beyond pathetic.
Work in progress
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 24-Oct-16 @ 09:52:48AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm NOT a SMU fan but I will say the QB is not terrible. The team, the QB, the HC, many things are new and looking for that chemistry. They still have some of that garbage attitude and behaviour problems on the team of previous years with some of the new players bringing their own garbage. That highly touted recruit out of Alabama that the press is in love with for example. Getting your hands/fingers in players cages when you are in the pile? Trying to rack/poke players eyes out? Won't be addressed until you get caught but that junk don't fly in the AUS. Leave that stuff in the USA.
pleaseno
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 29-Oct-16 @ 02:50:49PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Let me guess...we have to watch this QB for another season? What a damn nightmare!
bergland is gone
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 29-Oct-16 @ 04:58:32PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

nope he is gone the only qbs on the roster after this year is the first year kid from citadel and the kid from Vancouver... 1st string and back up are gone
Wrongg
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 29-Oct-16 @ 07:37:22PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

nope he is gone the only qbs on the roster after this year is the first year kid from citadel and the kid from Vancouver... 1st string and back up are gone

I think you are wrong, They are giving Berglind another year. He will max out in age after that. Could be worse...could be in Fx shoes with Cook leaving. (Although with that O line a trained monkey could sit there all day and hoist up floaters to that great wr group)
Mounties QB is an actual true freshman and he's done very well this season. They have him for another 3-4 years (if he doesn't transfer out)
AUS Guy
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 29-Oct-16 @ 08:11:28PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

SMU needs Bergland back at QB next year as the Vancouver kid needs some time & the Citadel kid is not going to be a starter in the CIS ever.  SMU needs an impact QB recruit to develop after Bergland is done.
Colziefan
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 30-Oct-16 @ 01:19:46PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Simply fixes will be in the works for the Huskies this off season. QB (if Burglund is back) is not an issue for 2017. Recruit a good one, yes.

Fix 1
Special Teams. Polish this up, get better athletes involved.

Fix 2
3rd and short. Get Burglund off the field, he stinks at this. The Vancouver Back up and Long snapper are both QB recruits that are Bigger and Stronger. If SMU makes the 3rd and 1/2 yard vs Bishops a month ago in the 4th quarter, they are playing next weekend.

Fix 3
Break more first tackles. Both SMU RB's have time to get better. Pisani will get better. Give it time.

Fix 4
5% stronger, 1% faster and another year maturity. This team is a far cry better than 3 years ago. Anyone proposing a major shake-up at this time is flat out nuts.
Tufford gotta go
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 31-Oct-16 @ 01:23:15PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Simply fixes will be in the works for the Huskies this off season. QB (if Burglund is back) is not an issue for 2017. Recruit a good one, yes.

Fix 1
Special Teams. Polish this up, get better athletes involved.

Fix 2
3rd and short. Get Burglund off the field, he stinks at this. The Vancouver Back up and Long snapper are both QB recruits that are Bigger and Stronger. If SMU makes the 3rd and 1/2 yard vs Bishops a month ago in the 4th quarter, they are playing next weekend.

Fix 3
Break more first tackles. Both SMU RB's have time to get better. Pisani will get better. Give it time.

Fix 4
5% stronger, 1% faster and another year maturity. This team is a far cry better than 3 years ago. Anyone proposing a major shake-up at this time is flat out nuts.

Agree no major shakeup is needed... but the one change that must occur is Tufford should go. He was forced upon Colzie (albeit after having worked hard in recruiting for the program) but his Offensive play calling is atrocious. 100% predictable and completely un-innovative. The fact that in Canadian football WRs are not utilizing pre snap motion is unacceptable. It's a major advantage the O has in Canadian football and this is just the most glaring mistake from a very bland Offense. I heard it was because they were trying to get Berglund used to the Canadian game... but I call BS because they did the same last year sans US QB. This team will not go anywhere with him running the O. Hopefully a change is made this offseason.

bergland
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 01-Nov-16 @ 12:15:44AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ya berglands not back hasnt gone to a class all year pretty sure he has left already
getlostthanks
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 01-Nov-16 @ 08:28:13AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Good riddance. He was awful. Obvious reasons why he goes school to school.
the Breaks
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 01-Nov-16 @ 09:54:41AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ya berglands not back hasnt gone to a class all year pretty sure he has left already

I guess it just goes to show you that rankings are not always what they are cracked up to be. Rob was a 4 start recruit, touted by all the big boys. He bounced more than Tigger and he never performed. US rankings, and even that beloved "Top 100" list put out by the other guys. Rank 'em when they are on the field and what they do off of it.
paidlist
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 01-Nov-16 @ 01:35:33PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Every person on those lists has paid a subscription. The top 100 players maybe in the top 1500...it's ridiculous.
Big questions
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 03-Nov-16 @ 09:04:06PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I gotta ask, wtf is the CIS thinking when they allow a professional player (yep, signed a professional contract) for the USA to play in the CIS and in the AUS. 33 Deandre Smith. Google that stuff, include Rivals in the search info. So this kid can play how many more years for SMU? Is this the reason he is playing CIS, because the NCAA definitely won't allow a pro player to play. Hell, you attend a pro tryout and you can't play.
Blaa blaa blaa
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 04-Nov-16 @ 11:19:50AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I gotta ask, wtf is the CIS thinking when they allow a professional player (yep, signed a professional contract) for the USA to play in the CIS and in the AUS. 33 Deandre Smith. Google that stuff, include Rivals in the search info. So this kid can play how many more years for SMU? Is this the reason he is playing CIS, because the NCAA definitely won't allow a pro player to play. Hell, you attend a pro tryout and you can't play.

Okay, so he signed a contract for $64,100 with the RPFL (Rivals) and it was the largest paid contact to date. He's playing at SMU now, so he must have broken the contract or been released. Not sure how long he played under contract but the CIS doesn't care about these types of rules. They will not/don't investigate or enforce. Let it be, and lets nominate the man for an award.  Shocked
Top100crap
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 05-Nov-16 @ 08:43:38PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Every person on those lists has paid a subscription. The top 100 players maybe in the top 1500...it's ridiculous.

We all know that Lee Barette's attempt to make a quick buck.  The list is god awful and anyway, Lee's credibility has gone down the garbage dump in the last few years.  I know I don't follow  anymore because their quality of stuff is crap.

FYI - AUS and CIS coaches, don't base any decisions on that stupid rigged list.  You are all smarter than C.F.C or Lee.
yay colzie
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 05-Nov-16 @ 08:46:11PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I just wanna say congrats to Coach Colzie.  To win 2 games this season is quite a feat for SMU after the Marchese years full or doom and despair.

Can't wait to hear all about 2017.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: