ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 24-Sep-18 @ 09:26:11AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Response Form All Canada Bowl www.goo.gl/57g9aN for 2019 Grades 9/10 & 11/12

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: International Game?  (Read 1409 times)
Texas Coach
« on: Fri, 22-Jan-16 @ 10:17:27AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I have been reading about this game or tournament in recent days on this site. I have never heard of it and as a coach here in Texas i have never seen any information about it. As i read through some of the posts i am confused by some of the things said. I don't understand how kids that attend Canadian universities can play in this game, what college coach would allow his players to risk injury? And why are they playing anyway? I coached in Canada so i know the level of football is not the same as it is here but it still seems unusual. I also saw where someone posted that college coaches would be coaching the teams. He must of meant Canadian because the NCAA does not allow coaches to coach in all star games, plus most coaches here are involved with recruiting so they are not going to be interested in this. I have not seen a list of American players but i know of none from my school who are involved. Kids here can only play in 2 all star games so many of the top players may not be eligible or want to play. Those of you who are involved in this perhaps can give me some background on it, i am curious.
Report to moderator   Logged
USA Football
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22-Jan-16 @ 11:45:12AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Football USA would be the contact on your end.  They run the national teams.  I'm sure if you contacted them or went to their website you'd find all the information you desire.
players
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22-Jan-16 @ 12:54:42PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Game is recognized as a National Team program is is not counted against All-Star Game cap.

Both Team Canada and Team USA is a mix of top-level talent and some mid-level talent.

U19 team
Canada sends players that are U19.  This includes players in grade 12 and some that have played their first year in university.  Roster selected from those who chose to tryout.  USA sends grade 12 players only.

U18 team
At U18 level it is the same thing.  USA sends mostly grade 11s.  Canada sends mostly grade 12s as long as they haven't turned 18.  Canada sends maybe a half dozen grade 11s who are at the top of the recruiting class.  All Canadian players selected from Canada Cup and so there are a number of top players from the country missing from the competition because they chose not to compete.  Also, no BC players because BC does not participate in the Canada Cup. 

U19 From Texas
QB Nicholas Starkle (Southlake, TX - Liberty Christian)
QB Tristen Wallace (Red Oak, TX - DeSoto) OHIO STATE
RB Rakeem Boyd (Houston, TX - Stratford) TEXAS A&M
RB Kameron Martin (Port Arhur, TX - Memorial) BAYLOR
RB Trevor Speights (McAllen, TX - McAllen Memorial)
OL Jean Delance (Mesquite, TX - North Mesquite)
OL Braxton Webb (San Angelo, TX - San Angelo Central) SMU
OL Darta Lee (Fresno, TX - Hightower)
DL Isaiah Chambers (Humble, TX - MacArthur) TCU
DL Demerick Gary (Dallas, Texas - Justin F. Kimball) SMU
DL Ivory Jackson (Amarillo, TX - Amarillo) TEXAS TECH
DL Micheal Jonson (Fresno, Texas - Fort Bend Hightower) BAYLOR
LB Clifton Lewis (Fresno, TX - Hightower) TCU
DB Michael Clark (Cedar Hill, TX - Cedar Hill) SMU
DB Reid Harrison-Ducros (Grapevine, TX - Colleyville Heritage) BOISE STATE
DB Jared Mayden (Rowlett, TX - Sachse) OREGON

U18 From Texas
DL Trevor Graham (Sachse, TX - Sachse)
DL Oshea Murphy (Richardson, TX - Richardson)
DL Nikolas Afuhaamango (Pearland, TX - Pearland)
LB Anthony Hines (Allen, TX - Plano East Senior)
LB Loren Mondy (Grand Prairie, TX - Mansfield Lake Ridge)
LB Jeremiah Chambers (Cedar Park, TX - Vista Ridge)
DB Dallas Blackrock Jr (Houston, TX - Sharpstown)
DB David Camacho (Leander, TX - Rouse)
DB Reuben Donald (Murphy, TX - Plano East Senior)
DB Andre' Wiley Jr. (Texarkana, TX - Liberty Eylau)

players
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22-Jan-16 @ 01:50:16PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Two U-19 Teams playing in the tournament.

Team USA U-19
Team USA U-19 Selects.

As far as I can gather, the U-19 Selects are players in grade 12 who are a little lower in terms of recruiting.  Mostly 2 star athletes with interest from lower level FBS and FCS schools.

Coaches for the Team USA U-19 are all high school coaches.

Coaches for the Team USA U-19 Selects are from University of Arizona, Northwestern, Claremot-Mudd Scripts, Tiffin University, Wayne State, and Cal-Poly San Luis Obispo

Team USA U-19 Selects plays one game against Team Canada U18.  Team Canada U18 plays a second game against Team USA U18.
look close
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23-Jan-16 @ 10:13:22PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

A quick look through the Team USA U18 starting lineup from last year.  13 players listed on 247.  Top Canadian high school teams would struggle to keep a game respectable against top USA high school teams but that doesn't mean that there aren't Canadian players that can't hold their own against players bound for good NCAA schools.  Final score in 2015 was Canada 22 - USA 9.

QB Dwayne Haskins - commit OHIO STATE

HB Robert Washington - offers from PITTSBURGH, EAST CAROLINA, NORTH CAROLINA, SYRACUSE, ALABAMA

WR Trevon Diggs - commit ALABAMA

WR Mohamed Jabbie - commit RUTGERS

WR Darius Powe - commit NEVADA

TE William Humphreys - commit SAN JOSE STATE

G Eli Johnson - commit OLE MISS

G Lucas Plate - offers from TEXAS, BOISE STATE, COLORADO, KANSAS STATE, OREGON

DE Jake Fuzak - commit BUFFALO

NT Sean Behrens - commit MARSHALL

LB Jonathan Pollock - commit RUTGERS

CB Jordan Jefferson - offers from ALABAMA, OKLAHOMA, LSU, FLORIDA STATE, GEORGIA

SS Merrick Sims II - commit HOWARD
plonker
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06-Feb-16 @ 09:04:16AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The only Canadian team that won was the u18 and they looked pretty damn good!  They crushed a u18 team from USA with four and five star athletes.  The u19 and the rest of the provincial teams were embarrassed. 
Agreed
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 06-Feb-16 @ 09:29:00AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The only Canadian team that won was the u18 and they looked pretty damn good!  They crushed a u18 team from USA with four and five star athletes.  The u19 and the rest of the provincial teams were embarrassed. 

Well said, I agree.
6 for 6
Minor Football

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 06-Feb-16 @ 09:54:20AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Embarrassed I suppose if you think a country of 300 million people competing against 4 to 10 Million Alberta and Ontario not really a fair fight when you think of it all the USA coaches are full time football coaches the U16 and 17 coaches from Canada none of them make a cent coaching football. So if you are Embarassed Enjoy yourself because the young men that came down to Texas did everything they could against pretty steep odds. I'm not Embarassed at all
Maybe
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 06-Feb-16 @ 03:09:01PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Embarrassed I suppose if you think a country of 300 million people competing against 4 to 10 Million Alberta and Ontario not really a fair fight when you think of it all the USA coaches are full time football coaches the U16 and 17 coaches from Canada none of them make a cent coaching football. So if you are Embarassed Enjoy yourself because the young men that came down to Texas did everything they could against pretty steep odds. I'm not Embarassed at all

Maybe a Team Canada u16 and u17 team , instead of provincial teams would be a better representation for Canada at this football stage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: