ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 24-Sep-18 @ 03:16:10PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Watch 2018 All Canada Bowl Live Sat. July 28 1pm BC time on www.vbnsports.com

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MtA  (Read 5383 times)
Exactly
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 02-Feb-16 @ 06:18:25PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It seems really odd to me. There's something missing from this story, and I wish I knew what it was. I've never heard of another player ever transferring out of Mount Allison and it seems strange that he would just transfer to another CIS program rather than an NCAA program (which was what he had indicated when he announced he was leaving MTA). If his goal is the CFL, playing at Carleton isn't going to get him noticed any more than playing at Mount Allison ... or any other CIS program for that matter. Could it be somehting to do with academics??? We'll probably never know the real reasons for his transfer, but I wish him all the best. Big shoes to fill for sure. I really hope Mount A has plans to bring in an immediate replacement (transfer or mature student-athlete) because I don't see anyone in the wings who will be able to fill in and have the impact that Robinson has had.

Don't know anything about Robinson, but if he's listed at only 6'0 tall (which means he's really only 5'11), I doubt any D1 teams would give him the time of day as a DE recruit.

This is exactly right... he was never going to go to the NCAA. He is an absolute beast and will continue to be out of athleticism in the CIS BUT the AUS is certainly not the NCAA. You need length as much as anything to beat the OL down there and Shaun is somewhat of a tweener (size between LB and DL). Even if he were to move to the more physical Q or CW he would likely need to move to LB because of his size.

Why then did he really leave MTA, now having to sit a year and by the sounds of it to a lesser academic school? Seems odd.
Report to moderator   Logged
S'up in the Mount
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 23-Feb-16 @ 09:19:50PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Seeing lots of signings and some very good quality recruits heading to NB this fall (from the other site) I'm not going to go all hard core and start ranting about undefeated seasons and championships, but I will say that this season should be an incredible and interesting one. MountiePride!
Hope You're Right
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 24-Feb-16 @ 08:04:32AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm interested in seeing which QB recruit rises to the top during camp. There were a couple QBs recruited last year who could be in the mix as well. But, other than that, I don't really see any blue chip prospects in their list of announcements at this point. They may be quality recruits who will become starters in a couple of years, but there really doesn't seem to be anyone coming in who will immediately fill some of those big gaps (Shaun Robinson replacement for example) that exist - particularly on the DLine.
S'up in the Mount
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 24-Feb-16 @ 11:32:52AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm interested in seeing which QB recruit rises to the top during camp. There were a couple QBs recruited last year who could be in the mix as well. But, other than that, I don't really see any blue chip prospects in their list of announcements at this point. They may be quality recruits who will become starters in a couple of years, but there really doesn't seem to be anyone coming in who will immediately fill some of those big gaps (Shaun Robinson replacement for example) that exist - particularly on the DLine.

Good point about QBs but you can pretty much say that about every team in the CIS right now except for UBC who bought an NCAA QB and maybe Arruda coming out of CEGEP for Ottawa. MtA has a difficult spot at QB with the starter graduating but lets see what happens at camp. Blue chips are great on Twitter but its on the field that counts. Robinson is a big whole to fill but if you can't be a part of the Family then its time to move on for the good of the team.
Hope You're Right
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 24-Feb-16 @ 11:51:11AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yeah, I was wondering if Robinson's move had more to do with internal issues rather than his wanting to play for a bigger program or NCAA aspirations. Anyway, another chapter has begun for the Mounties with a new coach and a good start to the recruitment class. I'm hoping Brady has a couple of aces up his sleeve that will be revealed soon. We shall see, I suppose. I wish them all the best out East  though and hope they can challenge X for top spot again in the AUS.
S'up in the Mount
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 07-Jul-16 @ 01:11:44PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

What's the good word Mounties? I know its that awkward time between end of school and beginning of official camp but is there any news about confirmed recruits and new late additions? 
hmmm
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 10-Jul-16 @ 01:18:29PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So .... is "no news" good news??  Undecided Huh
Hush over the AUS
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 11-Jul-16 @ 05:44:20AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So .... is "no news" good news??  Undecided Huh

I don't know about good or bad news, but just from looking at all posts from this site and others everyone can see that the AUS fans just don't bother going off using chat sites or social media. (Compared to others). Not lots of info or opinion out there so AUS fans will just need to wait until season.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: