ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 24-Sep-18 @ 09:26:22AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Watch 2018 All Canada Bowl Live Sat. July 28 1pm BC time on www.vbnsports.com

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Cup 2015  (Read 11878 times)
Canada Cup 2015
« on: Tue, 19-May-15 @ 06:42:34PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Whats going on with Canada Cup, excess info, prediction, best players from teams.

Or

Ce qui se passe avec la Coupe Canada , l'excès d'informations , de prédiction, les meilleurs joueurs des équipes .
Report to moderator   Logged
NB and AB
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03-Jun-15 @ 11:53:18PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Only New Brunswick and Alberta have announced their teams. I don't know anything about NB.  AB looks like nearly half their team is in grade 10. 
ONT
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04-Jun-15 @ 02:47:58PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ontario has been selected and players notified but no official roster announcement yet.
national fan
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05-Jun-15 @ 09:15:14AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I wish more teams would do what Alberta is doing and release more info on their players.  I guess some might worry that it will give a scouting advantage to their opponents but it makes it more entertaining for fans of Canadian football!
A
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07-Jun-15 @ 02:15:58PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Were can i find team alberta roster.
Darknight
High School

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09-Jun-15 @ 01:18:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Team Québec White and Blue teams will be completed on July 5
pumped!
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 09-Jun-15 @ 11:31:48PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Man I wish that this game had more hype surrounding it! I get pumped every year to watch the games!  There are a dozen or so kids out there who are going to be big stars in CIS and beyond.  Hopefully the coverage will include a bit from CIS coaches.
M1
Minor Football

Re:
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 09-Jun-15 @ 11:41:29PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I agree. This should be bigger news in Canada. 

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Big deal
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 10-Jun-15 @ 01:28:32AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This game is a big deal in most provinces.  The problem is that in Ontario, we rarely get the best players.  There are at least 20 kids who should be on the Team Ontario roster that did not even try-out.  There are a multitude of reasons for this....the OFA can definitely do a better job of making the tryouts more accessible and of reducing costs.
pumped!
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 10-Jun-15 @ 09:03:54AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yeah, I know. There are players in every province who don't try out for one reason or another. Cost is probably the biggest reason. That doesn't change that this is great football and some of these players are the best in the country.
Other
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 10-Jun-15 @ 09:15:58AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yeah, I know. There are players in every province who don't try out for one reason or another. Cost is probably the biggest reason. That doesn't change that this is great football and some of these players are the best in the country.

No doubt the other provinces have over 95% of the top players.  They do a great job of identifying top talent and making the team affordable.  Meanwhile in Ontario, I'd say we have only about 60% of the top players.

This is a failure on the OFA's part.  Realistically, Ontario should easily be able to field 2 teams with over 85% of the best available players....and each team should be able to compete for the gold each year.  Remember, more then half of Canada's population resides in Ontario.  It's embarrassing when we send only 1 team from Ontario and they don't win.
Patch
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 10-Jun-15 @ 09:23:25AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Alberta is sending a team that is nearly half grade 10 and only five kids from the Edmonton area.
In the box
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 10-Jun-15 @ 02:48:25PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ontario has another disadvantage. They have a summer league and a lot of the province's best players are going to miss two or three games if they choose to play with the provincial team. Quality team guys stay with their club rather than promote themselves at an all-star tournament. If all of these guys focused and trained for the Canada Cup then Ontario would be pretty hard to beat. As for Alberta, I've heard from coaches who were on the field for the tryouts and they say that the young guys played their way on to the team. It is a good group. It will be pretty interesting to see how Quebec divides their two teams. They will be tough to beat and angry about the 3rd place finish last year. Is there a chance that we will see two Quebec teams in the gold medal game? 
REPEAT
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 11-Jun-15 @ 02:56:04PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why would you think that representing your city would be more important than representing your province at an all-star tournament, In which recognition for these players will be raised. If your trying to make yourself believe that Team Ontario wont be good, than thats a very poor attempt. They have been running the same summer program for 20+ years, and it has not affected theyre chances at the Canada cup. Nice try. but everyone knows Ontario is favoured to win. REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!
O
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 13-Jun-15 @ 11:20:12AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ontario is winning no question
Ontario win!
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 18-Jun-15 @ 05:15:06PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Based on the International Bowl, I'd assume that Ontario will be fielding a team of made up mostly of grade 12's?

No wonder you are so confident in Ontario.
whaaa?
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 18-Jun-15 @ 08:25:23PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Huh??!!?!??
wait a minnnute
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19-Jun-15 @ 01:40:11PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

wait, what happend in international bowl.
Why, well obvious
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 19-Jun-15 @ 02:12:27PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why would you think that representing your city would be more important than representing your province at an all-star tournament, In which recognition for these players will be raised. If your trying to make yourself believe that Team Ontario wont be good, than thats a very poor attempt. They have been running the same summer program for 20+ years, and it has not affected theyre chances at the Canada cup. Nice try. but everyone knows Ontario is favoured to win. REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!

When the day comes that representing your province is not a pay to play concept, THEN you will get all the players available. Until then why in the world would anyone put on a Provincial Uniform and have to pay to represent your Province? Simple really. Might as well put $ signs on the uniforms, that would be more accurate. Someone is making money, you can believe that, which is another reason why no one should be doing it, we pay they reap. "Provincial" team, not on your life, not now anyway.

Let the propagandists begin their rhetoric.
InternationalBowl
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 19-Jun-15 @ 02:38:34PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Did you think that Canada just beat up on the US in all the different age groups? We can thank Ontario for that. The made up a team of U15's that was really U17's.
So, Ontario's U-17's (uhmm U15's?) played the US U16's. Forcing the Alberta U-16's to play the US U15's.

Ontario and Alberta easily won.  Yah! Go Canada!

Football Canada, Football Ontario and Football Alberta have not offered any explanation about it. At least not officially and publically.

http://www.allcanadagridiron.info/forum2/index.php?topic=26446.0
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: