ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Mon, 24-Sep-18 @ 09:26:57AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Response Form All Canada Bowl www.goo.gl/57g9aN for 2019 Grades 9/10 & 11/12

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Off season recruiting news from the AU  (Read 9515 times)
parkland bandit
High School

« on: Tue, 06-Jan-15 @ 09:29:02PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Recruiting news from the AU?  SMU has been relatively quiet
Any big recruits that someone wants to pump their tires?
Report to moderator   Logged
Husky supporter
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15-Jan-15 @ 07:21:17PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The Smu Huskies will be reborn next season.
Just watch
parkland bandit
High School

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15-Jan-15 @ 10:01:37PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

They really can't get worse haven't had a winless season in a long time.  Win a couple of games and that will be a good season, win the conference would be a great season
Axeman
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05-Feb-15 @ 09:41:17AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

uh oh...

http://www./axemen-bolster-offence-with-hurricane-force-video/
bomber
High School

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05-Feb-15 @ 03:48:48PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

that link in the message above does not work.....
is this the story of the 3 Holland College kids signing with Acadia?

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.pe.ca%2FSports%2FFootball%2F2015-02-03%2Farticle-4030939%2FHurricanes-trio-signs-with-Acadia-Axemen-football-team%2F1&h=SAQHQoEgH&enc=AZNfKQXJlddyJnpUMtbFnxz03xeUZsFHoEIaMImmZVRZN1TRlzmgFyHtNTOmBZhK7tGl9odhACa-steUPReIiy1xq-vIxpYcVF6FPxxKxq_fRCnxK8qeUa4Pw7DcRwvkWz-09sTBAp5YOhjNZQt9BxknAMgdkwhxa6_RgmPXVv7PNg&s=1

The receiver from Boston has jets and pretty good hands. He may contribute early and certainly gives Acadia a deep threat....
East Coast
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21-Feb-15 @ 01:20:07PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Both Acadia and MTA have a number of recruits thus far and I'm sure SMU and X will be announcing more in the next little while.  Thought on who might have the strongest recruiting class in terms of talent not necessarily numbers.
bomber
High School

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25-Feb-15 @ 04:14:53PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It has, indeed, been very quite. I have nothing.....
Mount A is the program everyone is chasing. They are the "Gold Standard". Not necessarily the best athletes, but definitely the best "TEAM".
Jeffrey is reason for this I think.
East Coast
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25-Feb-15 @ 05:56:17PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Looks like Acadia and MTA have been recruiting well.  I read today somewhere that Acadia signed another QB.  I also say MTA announced an OL from Ontario and a receiver from the Regina Thunder. 
haa
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 04-Mar-15 @ 11:27:57AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Mount A is now Brampton U... They got their leaders from each respectable high school in Chris Reid (Campion), Mickey Valius (Roch) and Damien Halstead (DY) and the recruiting continues with getting their friends this years recruiting class...
Brampton east?
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05-Mar-15 @ 12:33:29PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Brampton's population is not much smaller than the entire province of New Brunswick - 575,000 vs 755,000 - and growing by tens of thousands every year.

Brampton is a hotbed of football talent but most of it stays in Ontario. Western, Guelph, Carleton, Laurier are all well-stocked with Brampton players.

A few of the Mt A recruits are players who didn't get admitted to OUA schools.
Friend or foe
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09-Mar-15 @ 09:28:35AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not sure if Matty Bills was recruited by his friends. My kid played with this kid a few years ago and he is the most negative and disrespectful teammate he has ever played with. It doesn't matter if the team is winning or not. If Bills does not get the ball he yells at his mates. I hope going to a new province to play will adjust his shitty tude.  My guess is he won't see the field for a few days years and he quits because of that.
Sports star
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11-Mar-15 @ 05:31:09PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Another 6'6 OL guy for Acadia http://www./axemen-bolster-offensive-line/
I'm not sure but Acadia and MtA are really winning the recruiting battles out east.
East Coast
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12-Mar-15 @ 08:57:44AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes  both Acadia and MTA  continue to add recruits.  On paper things look a great but as always you will have to wait and see who shows up for camp in August.  I do believe that both teams  will have more recruits to announce.
recruiting Ontario
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 13-Mar-15 @ 01:56:23PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

At first I thought Mt A recruiting success was because of their winning the past two years but that should help their recruiting everywhere not just Ontario.But Ontario is where they are really having their greatest success.  Does anyone think it may have to do with the OUA new roster limits?
East Coast
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 13-Mar-15 @ 02:40:51PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes you would think their success would help with recruiting all over.  That being said, they have a pretty strong Southern Ontario connection.  Looks like they are having some success in BC and Alberta.  Time will tell.
East Coast
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 26-Mar-15 @ 04:27:53AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Nice to see X making some news with a lengthy list of recruits.  Still quiet from SMU!!
Yeti
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 02-Apr-15 @ 01:20:01PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

NObody in the AUS can have spring practice because mother nature keeps dumping snow on the fields. The 3 turf fields would usually be available by now but they aren't an option and the mud pit called MtA has absolutely no chance to be ready before May Long Weekend.
I believe more snow coming Sunday to NS and NB.
Will it ever stop?
East Coast
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 04-Apr-15 @ 07:36:41AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes the weather has been terrible!!  I believe MTA plans on having spring practice in Moncton on one of their turf fields.  Read last week that MTA will have new field turf in time for the 2015 season.  Great to see SMU finally list more recruits.  How many days until kick off???
Smiths lmao
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 07-Apr-15 @ 01:54:09PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not sure if Matty Bills was recruited by his friends. My kid played with this kid a few years ago and he is the most negative and disrespectful teammate he has ever played with. It doesn't matter if the team is winning or not. If Bills does not get the ball he yells at his mates. I hope going to a new province to play will adjust his shitty tude.  My guess is he won't see the field for a few days years and he quits because of that.

A few years ago this kid was probably 14-15, where one grows out of their selfish ways and learns and becomes a better person. I have had the pkeadure of coaching this young man over the course of the last 3 years and I dont know what you seen in him, but, his entire attidude has changed from whatever one you claimed he "has". if he did have this attidude you say, he certainly has grwon out of it big time.
scorz
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 08-Apr-15 @ 01:24:41PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Best Recruit in AU might be RB Leonardo Mantuila for SMU. 5'8 205 lbs runs a 5.5 from New Mexico Military Prep school.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: