ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Fri, 14-Dec-18 @ 08:08:20PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to Play in the 2019 All Canada Bowl ? East Canada vs West Canada Open Link -Reply-Submit
https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: U19 Team Canada Geographic Bias?  (Read 15613 times)
Coach Smith
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 09-Jan-14 @ 10:08:40AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think that players coming out of high school if they have been in a strength program throughout high school are going to be more physically ready for college. However a player that has spent a year in college weight room with a strength coach is going to be more physically developed. I cannot speak to what is done in college in Canada but my experience at the high school level there was that there was little weight training done inside the school. So perhaps the kids playing for Canada need a year in college to catch up physically. I think that along with good coaching hold many Canadian kids back. As far as who played for the US team in 2012 there were a few commited players but most were undecided "not recruited" for what ever reason and i know that the qb from Florida State did not play on that team.
Report to moderator   Logged
Reading Comprehension
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 09-Jan-14 @ 01:31:46PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Where the players on Team USA in the 2012 International Bowl not elite players then?I was under the impression that the Division 1 schools that these players were committed to were elite! Ohio State ,Nebraska,Florida,Auburn,Michigan etc,etc.
They played a bunch of players that were either in Canadian high schools or attending a CIS school in their first year. Stop making excuses.The US got beat fair and square.

I read through this post several times and I still don't see anywhere where any poster wrote that "The Team USA players are not elite".    Where are you getting this from?  A poster simply said that Team USA wasn't comprised of their best / highest ranked prospects....which is 100% true.

The fact still remains that Team Canada used players that were 1 year older then their American competition.  If you don't think this makes a difference, then you are severely misinformed.
1 year is no big deal
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 09-Jan-14 @ 03:30:04PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well ,saying that we didn`t send our best is merely an excuse!
Huhhhh?
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 09-Jan-14 @ 03:52:19PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well ,saying that we didn`t send our best is merely an excuse!

I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make.  Nobody is making excuses for anybody.

I'm just trying to bring you back to reality before you actually start believing that Canada is superior to the US in football because we won some prospect game that featured our best 18 year old players against the USA's 17 year old recruits (albeit far from their best 17 year olds available).

If you want to start believing that Canadians are going to start filling NFL rosters because we won some random game with our best 18 year olds against their 17 year olds, then go ahead and live in your dream world.
These are the Facts
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 09-Jan-14 @ 04:12:30PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

When did I say Canadians would fill NFL rosters or even had implied it?
For the last time ,A team comprised of players under the age of 19(Team World) played another group of players under the age of 19(Team USA)
Using US rules,and playing on a US playing field,Team World won.
I know that this may be hard for you to accept,but it happened.
Will it happen again ?Who knows?But it happened in 2012!
I know that US football is excellent,but how about recognizing the accomplishments that the other team achieved without making excuses.
Acknowledge please
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 09-Jan-14 @ 09:08:42PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

When did I say Canadians would fill NFL rosters or even had implied it?
For the last time ,A team comprised of players under the age of 19(Team World) played another group of players under the age of 19(Team USA)
Using US rules,and playing on a US playing field,Team World won.
I know that this may be hard for you to accept,but it happened.
Will it happen again ?Who knows?But it happened in 2012!
I know that US football is excellent,but how about recognizing the accomplishments that the other team achieved without making excuses.

You did imply that "our best" beat "their best".  Doesn't the NFL take the best?

You can keep telling yourself that Team World U19 team played Team USA U19, but the reality is that Team USA was a U18 team.  Why can't you acknowledge this?  Insecure much?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: