ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Tue, 26-Sep-17 @ 01:07:49PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Would this forum be better with members only and more moderation  (Read 2468 times)
anonymous guest
« on: Fri, 23-Aug-13 @ 08:11:10PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I frequent several different message board forums. This one is about the worst for internet trolls who insult other people and other organizations in anonymous posts.
Most other sites require people to be a member to post. You can use an alias but you cannot post anonymously. Most other sites are moderated more closely and inflammatory posts are removed fairly quickly.
I find this site to be very informative and there are some interesting discussion. Unfortunately, the discussion is often spoiled by the behavior of a few. I am sure that there are people who no longer come here because of this.
I decided to anonymously start a thread to discuss whether people would prefer this site to be "members only" to post and to be monitored more closely.
Constructive comments please!
Report to moderator   Logged
i agree
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25-Aug-13 @ 09:41:34AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I frequent several different message board forums. This one is about the worst for internet trolls who insult other people and other organizations in anonymous posts.
Most other sites require people to be a member to post. You can use an alias but you cannot post anonymously. Most other sites are moderated more closely and inflammatory posts are removed fairly quickly.
I find this site to be very informative and there are some interesting discussion. Unfortunately, the discussion is often spoiled by the behavior of a few. I am sure that there are people who no longer come here because of this.
I decided to anonymously start a thread to discuss whether people would prefer this site to be "members only" to post and to be monitored more closely.
Constructive comments please!

Its a bully atmosphere on here n worst is when people r very negative about kids. If have to join then would limit it.  I'm in favour of it
Not the answer
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25-Aug-13 @ 10:06:13AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

This website would suck if it required logins.  This website actually tried mandatory logins a couple years ago and there was a total of 5 posts made in a 2 week period before they moved back to no logins. 

The reality is nobody would post on this website if it required a login.  I agree that discussions often drift off-topic or become very negative, but there is plenty of quality discussion as well.  One thing is for certain, this forum does get people talking about Canadian amateur football which in my opinion is a good thing.

There are only two other amateur Canadian football websites that have discussion forums and they both require a login.  The other two websites combined get less then 1% of the post that ACG gets.  Case closed.

No logins
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25-Aug-13 @ 11:00:58AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

When a troll enters the discussions, the best thing to do is to ignore them and continue with the topic that is being discussed. The minute you respond to the trolls, you have others coming in on the discussion. They will usually go away if they are not being acknowledged.
Keep the forums open and ignore the few trolls that may drift in.
BN
Global Moderator
Minor Football

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19-Dec-16 @ 08:59:21AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

As a mod it's impossible to monitor every thread. I'm in the process of deleting garbage right now. If you see something offensive, report it, one of us will deal with it, one way or another
BN
Global Moderator
Minor Football

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19-Dec-16 @ 05:56:56PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I just now removed some garbage posts by a Thomas kr, do not click on links that are suspect
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: