ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Fri, 22-Sep-17 @ 07:14:16PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FBU National Championship  (Read 9472 times)
FBU Ontario Selects
« on: Wed, 10-Jul-13 @ 11:53:53AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

redacted
« Last Edit: Thu, 11-Jul-13 @ 10:30:51AM by Administrator » Report to moderator   Logged
Farce
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10-Jul-13 @ 06:54:07PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There is no 'I' in team. The all-star games are the scourge of team sports.
Fill your kids head full of false hope so they can line their pocket books.
Question #1- Do the coaches get paid?
Questions #2- Do the Coaches get all their "expenses" paid?
Question #3- Is this a not for profit trip and tournament or are people making money off my kids' backside?
Question#4- Is my kid fully insured while trying out and at the tournament. Be careful. Get it all in writing! Writing! Not Coachspeak!
Think about it people, your kid could be the 2nd coming of Calvin Johnson and it doesn't matter a tinker's dam at Gr 6, 7 and 8.
This IS pay for play!
Buyer beware
Report to moderator   Logged
Good stuff
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10-Jul-13 @ 09:50:00PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am glad to see that there will be an actual "try out" instead of the previous years of emailing tape to a coach in BC. Last few years was a really crazy selection, not done well at all. Now that BC will have their own team it opens it up for Ontario. Now the only problem will be...1 tryout in London! I would ask, are the coaches/selection committee from that area/T.O. area as well? Will this be like another Team Ontario farce where it misrepresents itself in saying it is "Ontario wide", when it is clearly a small geographic area. Most players from outside the GTA, London, Hamilton, etc areas don't bother to travel anymore. Same as their parents. Seen a tryout taped from a Team Oh event. Every qb was taped, and the clear standouts where not picked, one didnt even need to try out. Don't to it like Team Oh FBU, keep it real for everyone.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13-Aug-13 @ 06:00:40AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

All players born after August 1 1998 need to consider this amazing opportunity.  There will be 3 teams representing Ontario, grade 6(Aug 1 2000-July 31 2001); grade 7(Aug 1 1999-July 31 2000); and grade 8(Aug 1 1998-July 31 1999)

All 3 teams will be playing in New Jersey on Dec 7th and 8th.

The total cost of the entire tournament(including all rounds straight to San Antonio if you make it) is $175.  The only extra cost is transportation and accommodation.  And there will be fundraising if the team makes it to San Antonio.

I've been around youth football awhile and I have to say this is the first time our young Canadian boys have been given an opportunity like this to showcase their football skills against the best from the U.S.  I'd advise all parents to consider this great opportunity.
There is a one-time tryout this Saturday at 6pm in London
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: