ALL CANADA GRIDIRON
Fri, 14-Dec-18 @ 08:11:09PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The 2019 All Canada Bowl will be for Two Age Groups JR Stars Grad 2022/2023 & SR Stars 2020/2021 Fill Out  & Submit Response Form https://goo.gl/forms/vgibAaehb5WMR8yA2

-= ACG Homepage =- Recent Posts Twitter Facebook All Pro   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: OVFL in the fall?  (Read 28449 times)
bye bye koolaid
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 27-Jun-13 @ 12:58:45AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

per OFA web site

URGENT meeting to review a proposal supported by the OFA to align all
clubs with the calibre of play that best suits their abilities and
desires for the 2013 season. The goal is to be inclusive with the best
interest of all as the our mutual primary motivation. All interested
parties are strongly encouraged to attend and should send 2-3 BOD to
represent themselves including their current club President if
possible.

OVFALL will happen....
COMFL will be gone...
SOFAL will remain a tierd league... but with 3 tiers... all welcome
Report to moderator   Logged
Mo'
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 27-Jun-13 @ 09:46:54AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

"drink it all up the OV's love Yummy Dummy's"

Really - that is how you end your argument.

Here is an idea - look at University rosters and count the OV versus OFC grads.

Hmmmmmmm

Here is an idea, look at the number of programs that have left the OV in the last number of years then add the number of programs the OFC has added in the last 10 years.

When you get the answer, let me know and will see how close you are.

Oh and by the way try not to use the old Oh they left the OV because they couldn't handle playing with the big boys.

6 of those programs have been ranked in the Provincial Rankings several times over the last few years, and some newer ones within the last 2 years, including this one.

Cheers, down the hatch, or Skoal whichever you like.

I believe there were several OV Kool aiders in other threads that demanded that winning and losing is the only way to determine who are the best programs, and that number of University Players is useless way to define teams.

Wish you guys/gals would at least try to get your arguments straight,

"You don't get to the CIS by who you play for. Period"

MO (Hamilton Ironman)  If you need more let me know, be happy to oblige.

Do you think that I am responsible for other people's comments on here? I have my own opinions, just as you do. I'm entitled to an opinion, so are you.

You did not state an opinion, so please do. Do you think that you can only get to the CIS if you play summer football? If you believe that, please try to be a bit clearer next time.

I'll be clear. You don't have to play summer ball with anybody to play in the CIS.

I think it helps if you do, more scouts will see you etc, but you are probably already on their radar if you are good.

Personally, I believe the OVFL does have more talent than the OFC and you have to play against the best to be the best, but that is a personal opinion, and I'm sure many people disagree with me. That's fine.  
KOOL AID
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 27-Jun-13 @ 10:33:13AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hmmmmmmm

Here is an idea, look at the number of programs that have left the OV in the last number of years then add the number of programs the OFC has added in the last 10 years.

Oh and by the way try not to use the old Oh they left the OV because they couldn't handle playing with the big boys.

6 of those programs have been ranked in the Provincial Rankings several times over the last few years, and some newer ones within the last 2 years, including this one.

I believe there were several OV Kool aiders in other threads that demanded that winning and losing is the only way to determine who are the best programs, and that number of University Players is useless way to define teams.

Do you think that I am responsible for other people's comments on here? I have my own opinions, just as you do. I'm entitled to an opinion, so are you.

You did not state an opinion, so please do. Do you think that you can only get to the CIS if you play summer football? If you believe that, please try to be a bit clearer next time.

I'll be clear. You don't have to play summer ball with anybody to play in the CIS.

I think it helps if you do, more scouts will see you etc, but you are probably already on their radar if you are good.

Personally, I believe the OVFL does have more talent than the OFC and you have to play against the best to be the best, but that is a personal opinion, and I'm sure many people disagree with me. That's fine.  

Mo, I was using your eloquent and truthful remarks as an example to "moron" that all OVFL supporters do not agree with his statement, nothing else.

I lived in the Grimsby area for many decades and coached high school ball, so know of you and your countless hours, months, years of value and dedication given to area athletes as some of the  high school players have dressed for your program, as well as the Spears.

Lately I have moved into a more OFC oriented area, and know now that all the preening, over the top put downs and arrogance that some in the the OVFL is by far the best is just not so any longer.

10 years ago yes the OV was superior, no doubt, but with the defections from OV,and please others dont start the they couldnt handle playing the big boys, as those progrrams have been ranked Provincially some for years some as soon as this season,  we are not all ill informed of the truth and your falsehoods are getting tedious.

Yes all have the right to their opinion, BUT those who try to ram their opinions down others people throats by using falsehoods not backed up by facts(Provincial rankings, number of teams leaving one organization to another, other leagues geting stronger etc.), is also not acceptable any longer.

As I stated taking the top 8 teams 4 from OFC and 4 from OV and forming a league run by neither now that would be the best situation for all.

So love your league but stop with the shoving it down others throats, it won't be taken quietly any longer.

Interesting how a group can dish it out, but taking it they don't do(especially with facts to back it up) as well, bully pulpit no longer.
Kool aid man
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 27-Jun-13 @ 09:42:12PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hmmmmmmm

Mo, I was using your eloquent and truthful remarks as an example to "moron" that all OVFL supporters do not agree with his statement, nothing else.

I lived in the Grimsby area for many decades and coached high school ball, so know of you and your countless hours, months, years of value and dedication given to area athletes as some of the  high school players have dressed for your program, as well as the Spears.

Lately I have moved into a more OFC oriented area, and know now that all the preening, over the top put downs and arrogance that some in the the OVFL is by far the best is just not so any longer.

10 years ago yes the OV was superior, no doubt, but with the defections from OV,and please others dont start the they couldnt handle playing the big boys, as those progrrams have been ranked Provincially some for years some as soon as this season,  we are not all ill informed of the truth and your falsehoods are getting tedious.

Yes all have the right to their opinion, BUT those who try to ram their opinions down others people throats by using falsehoods not backed up by facts(Provincial rankings, number of teams leaving one organization to another, other leagues geting stronger etc.), is also not acceptable any longer.

As I stated taking the top 8 teams 4 from OFC and 4 from OV and forming a league run by neither now that would be the best situation for all.

So love your league but stop with the shoving it down others throats, it won't be taken quietly any longer.

Interesting how a group can dish it out, but taking it they don't do(especially with facts to back it up) as well, bully pulpit no longer.

Hey kool aid man, I suggest you worry about your own organization or league and stop preaching about how bad or over the top the OVFL exec is...newsflash, the league is not going anywhere, teams are not leaving and the competition at the top is strong, but even the weaker teams for the most part have numbers.   Last I checked, the OFC are already dealing with forfeits, and we are just barely halfway through a season...I suspect there may be a few more in the next month.  I am pretty sure the OFC can kindly ask certain organizations to leave just as fast as they accepted them if they are dragging the league down, but I suspect not because there would be no teams for big bad burlington to beat up on and make feel invincible.  I'd love to see your kool aid man wall-breaking response to that.

Have you watched Mississauga, Myers, Pickering, Cumberland, Brampton, Cambridge, London Stangs, kingston, Niagara Spears, Essex play?  Do you think that burlington at all three levels can run through all those teams unblemished? What about Twin Cities? Peterborough? North Halton? As an unbiased football opinion?! If so then you are simply drinking your own kool aid. 

Those rankings are a joke and are subjective.  Burlington gets its publicity because they are host to the coaches clinic every spring, from the same website that promotes it. They are good, no doubt, but not legendary because they HAVEN'T played anyone significant consistently.  there are too many powder puff teams in their league.  I hope you understand this, but you won't, because you are just a giant glass container filled with coloured liquid that contains no nutritional value. Wink

strange
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 28-Jun-13 @ 05:12:11AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It is strange that koolaid is talked so much about on this website.
KOOL AID
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 28-Jun-13 @ 06:33:31AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hmmmmmmm

Hey kool aid man, I suggest you worry about your own organization or league and stop preaching about how bad or over the top the OVFL exec is...newsflash, the league is not going anywhere, teams are not leaving and the competition athe Best of the Best? the top is strong, but even the weaker teams for the most part have numbers.   Last I checked, the OFC are already dealing with forfeits, and we are just barely halfway through a season...I suspect there may be a few more in the next month.  I am pretty sure the OFC can kindly ask certain organizations to leave just as fast as they accepted them if they are dragging the league down, but I suspect not because there would be no teams for big bad burlington to beat up on and make feel invincible.  I'd love to see your kool aid man wall-breaking response to that.

Have you watched Mississauga, Myers, Pickering, Cumberland, Brampton, Cambridge, London Stangs, kingston, Niagara% of your organizations, really Spears, Essex play?  Do you think that burlington at all three levels can run through all those teams unblemished? What about Twin Cities? Peterborough? North Halton? As an unbiased football opinion?! If so then you are simply drinking your own kool aid. 

Those rankings are a joke and are subjective.  Burlington gets its publicity because they are host to the coaches clinic every spring, from the same website that promotes it. They are good, no doubt, but not legendary because they HAVEN'T played anyone significant consistently.  there are too many powder puff teams in their league.  I hope you understand this, but you won't, because you are just a giant glass container filled with coloured liquid that contains no nutritional value. Wink

Hey again, just make stuff up even if it isn't the truth.  I have granted there are 4 very strong programs in the OV, 3 of them long time and 1 London who came out of nowhere last year(good on em), so when you attack at least get your facts right, but why should you?

Nice guess but I don't live anywhere near Stampeder land, and didn't say I did, but again why should the truth get in your way of a fair discussion?

Now about  strength, were you talking about those amazing programs with a combined Varsity won/loss of 9 and 36, 45% of your organizations, really? Powder puffs.

You have the gall to talk down about another league.

Those are your powerhouse, best of the best?

Interesting that when the OV dominated the rankings it was oh see how good we are, now that you can't accept that things are getting closer they are subjective, that did give me a giggle thanks.

.Actually yes I have seen Brampton and Cumberland this year and you want to use them for your banner waving, really?

And you may be right teams may not be leaving,  Essex and Brampton haven't come calling, sshh , or the coaches and players can just leave en mass because they have had enough, oh yes forgot SShhh you don't talk about that either, do you. Never happened, right

I agree the Niagara Storm probably should not have been brought in yet, but if you are bashing,  the OV has several organizations, using your concepts that I am sure you are trumpeting to get out of the OV, no? Don't need to name names you know who they are.

I am waiting for you to tell me why  your New North Bay program(0 for, 246 against) which is utterly uncompetitive and getting beaten just as badly as Niagara wasn't part of your They shouldn't be there MANTRA, hello? Now now now truth in advertising.

Now give us a NEW non OV/OFC with t he top 8 teams and let it fly that is what needs to happen, but...

Which brings us full circle, BOTH leagues have strong programs, some middling ones and some real bad ones, so the time to beat your chest is over, but it is your right to do so, so good on you.  However you will be called on it,  when you go over the top.

Be well and talk to you later. Wanna share a glass, let me know.

OVFL GOOD?
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 28-Jun-13 @ 10:02:49AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I really like the idea od 15 teams playin fall ball. bUT I HAVE SOME CONCERNS 1] Will it be tiered based on club or team records from last year ? 2] If it is not tiered how will it be scheduled ? Parents who work weekends would like to know when the games are to adjust their work schedules. 3] Will it be organized along geoghrahic divisions so teams do not have to travel so far? 4] Will the ovfl champion play the comfl ?
not their concept
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 28-Jun-13 @ 10:17:09AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I really like the idea od 15 teams playin fall ball. bUT I HAVE SOME CONCERNS 1] Will it be tiered based on club or team records from last year ? 2] If it is not tiered how will it be scheduled ? Parents who work weekends would like to know when the games are to adjust their work schedules. 3] Will it be organized along geoghrahic divisions so teams do not have to travel so far? 4] Will the ovfl champion play the comfl ?

It has  been the OVFL's concept  to play straight up mano a mano so to speak, so unless they cave into their own principles of best of the best head on no there will be no tiering.

So, if that happens the AAA centres will bet the crap out of the old SOFAL white teams that have opted to come play OV.

Hopefully there will be some geographic breakdown like in the summer ball, but until they actually let us see it, how do we know?

I would assume (bad to do I know so often) it should again be on weekends.

Again all of the above is rather mute until the lay of the land is actually shown, but I would hope they have told all this info to  their member clubs so ask them, or you would of thought so.

As for the old Litzen cup, I would bet it is DEAD again assuming as the OV says they are the best of the best so why should we play anyone else ,read we are afraid we might lose, and then what?

I hope it does exsist however but who knows?
any newa from ofa
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 28-Jun-13 @ 11:47:17AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Any news coming about the urgent meeting in regards to football unification.
Meeting
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 28-Jun-13 @ 04:41:48PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Meeting was postponed to next week, after the holiday.  Too many could not make it due to the short notice.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: